PDA

View Full Version : After-Cruise comments

Team_Mclaren
08-22-2004, 06:30 PM
It was GREAT time, thx everyone for comming!!!
Overall the day was really pointless but non-the-less fun! I'm extrememly tired so i'll post pics and more later!:thumbsup:

for pics plz upload or see them at this link http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=55906

rage2
08-22-2004, 06:36 PM
The highway 1A split cruise was damn fun. 1A is always a blast. Too bad I didn't have my own car there (thanks ScCab for letting me beat on yours haha).

Team_Mclaren
08-22-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by rage2
The highway 1A split cruise was damn fun. 1A is always a blast. Too bad I didn't have my own car there (thanks ScCab for letting me beat on yours haha).

lol, is that where u guys encounter the check stop?

"did u drink?!" lol

nismodrifter
08-22-2004, 06:47 PM
was a good time....a good waste of a day :D :D :D

rage2
08-22-2004, 06:51 PM
No, the checkstop was on highway 1 after we merged back in Canmore. I thought the highway 1 cruise group got reported for speeding or something, and the cops were trying to find u guys hehe. But just a friendly checkstop.

RCMP : "Don't speed OK?"
Me : "Don't worry, I won't :angel:"

ryder_23
08-22-2004, 06:51 PM
^
yeah, our first wave wasnt going overly fast, and not doing any weaving or the sorts, so i wasnt surprised we didnt have any police problems.....

i had a great time, good to meet alot of you people...:thumbsup:

EK 2.0
08-22-2004, 06:53 PM

I second that motion...that "spirited" drive was a blast...

it was a fun time...plus I bought my EVO...

Team_Mclaren
08-22-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
^
yeah, our first wave wasnt going overly fast, and not doing any weaving or the sorts, so i wasnt surprised we didnt have any police problems.....

ya everyone was just cruising till Matt (Hakkola ) passes everyone at like 200+ then we all speed up trying to catch him...:burnout:

Hakkola
08-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Hot damn that was fun! Hahaha, wish I could of gone on 1A though...

Yeah, everyone was just cruising at pretty high speeds, I only went 210 for a short spurt on the way there and 200 for only a second on the way back. On the way there after I hit the high speeds I slowed down to 130 or so...

The cruise to Elbow Falls was my favorite part of the trip, great scenery. I had a blast, my friend said he had fun too, can't wait until next year so we can have another cruise with some better weather.

Phats
08-22-2004, 07:14 PM
yeah, the jaunt to elbow falls was the best part of the run, it was pretty cool to look in the rearview and see like 20 cars rolling down after me. Too bad the weather wasn't better, but still fun.

rage2
08-22-2004, 07:35 PM
The nice thing about 1A is you don't go very fast. There's very little straights... it's all corners, and you can take the corners at 6/10ths, have a good time, and be at speed limit. OK OK a little over speed limit ;).

It does get annoying when you get blocked by a minivan that thinks 50km/h is reasonable on that road.

86max
08-22-2004, 07:45 PM
403gemini and I headed back to calgary after the petro can stop and just as we enter calgary we witnessed the aftermath of a horrible accident. It appeared one woman was seriously injured or even worse......should be on the news tonight. I hope everything goes okay for them:(

On a brighter note the cruise was fun.....I'd definitely be interested in a part 2 on a day with more favorable weather.

Props to the organizers:thumbsup:

finboy
08-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 86max
On a brighter note the cruise was fun.....I'd definitely be interested in a part 2 on a day with more favorable weather.

:werd:

gkAeris
08-22-2004, 09:41 PM
yeah

thanks for team mclaren for setting it up

i was bored, but i think everyone else had fun, i did ALTHOUGH get alot of sleep ! :D

A2VR6
08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Yep that was pretty damn fun and i thought the day was screwed because of the rain! The only thing i didnt like was that STUPID semi passing cars on the way back.... he was throwing rocks EVERYWHERE!

calgarys13
08-22-2004, 10:25 PM
yah that cruise was pretty good....nice job team mclaren

rage2
08-22-2004, 10:27 PM
Cold weather and light rain is good. Great for Forced Induction cars haha.

calgarys13
08-22-2004, 10:31 PM
Cold weather and light rain is good. Great for Forced Induction cars haha.
and rwd cars with bald tires:thumbsup:

RedBull
08-22-2004, 10:33 PM
The cruise was a blast, especially the convoy run to Elbow Falls.... or maybe them hot chicks that joined the Highway 1 crew in the red neon! Hakkola gave them a good chase as did I in the 350z :D

Can't wait till beyond cruise to the mountains #2! Hopefully mother nature will be more cooperative.

Team_Mclaren
08-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by gkAeris
yeah

i was bored, but i think everyone else had fun, i did ALTHOUGH get alot of sleep ! :D

lol, that becase your bf did all the drivng for u

bigboom
08-22-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I second that motion...that "spirited" drive was a blast...

it was a fun time...plus I bought my EVO...

i third that...the 1a was a great drive, once i got past that damn van and left cyclone in my dust :D

EK 2.0
08-22-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by bigboom

i third that...the 1a was a great drive, once i got past that damn van and left cyclone in my dust :D

well if that guy would have let me pass him Cyclone would have been right on your "L" Badge bro...

Sonic_A4
08-22-2004, 10:48 PM
thanks guys for a good cruise , organize another one vince, and just to say nice rides to all u guys (execpt for vince) who came out
thanks again

Team_Mclaren
08-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Sonic_A4
thanks guys for a good cruise , organize another one vince, and just to say nice rides to all u guys (execpt for vince) who came out
thanks again

said by the guy whos A4 has ABS problems and couldnt drive it
:rolleyes: :D

ryder_23
08-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by TenzoLude
The cruise was a blast, especially the convoy run to Elbow Falls.... or maybe them hot chicks that joined the Highway 1 crew in the red neon! Hakkola gave them a good chase as did I in the 350z :D

Can't wait till beyond cruise to the mountains #2! Hopefully mother nature will be more cooperative.

You needed a benz, and a 350, to chase down a neon :dunno:

they wernt that hot

iblizzard
08-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Fantastic time... even though Ashkente and I stayed behind to take pictures and mostly kept to ourselves... it was a great day. Unfortunately, I had to turn around before everyone went out to Banff.. had to get a bunch of stuff done. Can't wait for the next one though!!!

Still can't imagine what those McDonalds employees were thinking. :rofl:

I'll post some pics maybe tomorrow!

1-Bar
08-23-2004, 12:27 AM
It does get annoying when you get blocked by a minivan that thinks 50km/h is reasonable on that road.

:werd: good thing they slowed down the FI cars to let the rest of us catch up. Too bad for the wet conditions, I would have loved to test my new rim/rubber package. :thumbsup:

BTW the drive home was horrible, it took me from Canmore to Calgary to finally catch up to the Cyclone pack...sheesh, 130km/hr in the left lane and you think your fast....sheesh.....

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 12:27 AM
yeah that was a good run.
I think it was really satisfying being able to travel in a big group like that.
makes you feel special:angel:
anyways, I'm glad we ended up toughing it out and going about doing what we did. it was way better than doing nothing, after all the hype and anticipation. i'm surprised as to how many people showed up.
props to the boys with the V-TEC who came up from behind the pack to get to the front ;) . keep those revs high!

good job beyond.

i'm looking forward to seeing some pics and videos.

ryder_23
08-23-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

:werd: good thing they slowed down the FI cars to let the rest of us catch up. Too bad for the wet conditions, I would have loved to test my new rim/rubber package. :thumbsup:

BTW the drive home was horrible, it took me from Canmore to Calgary to finally catch up to the Cyclone pack...sheesh, 130km/hr in the left lane and you think your fast....sheesh.....

:D
it doesnt help, when u get people moving faster in the slow lane, then in the fast lane, and when u go to go around them, they switch, just like in office space...we were having a hell of a time, negotiating some of those trucks/busses that thought they were going "fast" why cant everyone move over to the right lane if ur going slower than 110...cause there was alot of cars going slower than 110 in fast lane

it seemd everyone caught up to us in the end, then i had to go take my turn :(

edit: and for skyline....GOOOO VTEC :thumbsup: team vtec :D

Rockski
08-23-2004, 12:36 AM
whens the next? and is there gonna be one around mid sept?

lam-boy
08-23-2004, 12:48 AM

:D
it doesnt help, when u get people moving faster in the slow lane, then in the fast lane, and when u go to go around them, they switch, just like in office space...we were having a hell of a time, negotiating some of those trucks/busses that thought they were going "fast" why cant everyone move over to the right lane if ur going slower than 110...cause there was alot of cars going slower than 110 in fast lane

it seemd everyone caught up to us in the end, then i had to go take my turn :(

edit: and for skyline....GOOOO VTEC :thumbsup: team vtec :D

ryder you have the red or the black lude?

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Rockski
whens the next? and is there gonna be one around mid sept?

i can't imagine that it'd be anytime soon, seeing as how people are going back to the grinder really soon. and just after that, comes winter.

ryder_23
08-23-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

Red one....

403Gemini
08-23-2004, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by lam-boy

he has the red one and its slow ;) my saturn could keep up haha j/k man lol although we both did cut off that hyundai pretty nice hahahahaha

ryder_23
08-23-2004, 12:59 AM
Dude, we showed that korean mobile whose boss :thumbsup:

Japan and whereever the hell the make satunrs :poosie:

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 01:09 AM
Dude, we showed that korean mobile whose boss :thumbsup:

Japan and whereever the hell the make satunrs :poosie:

V-TEC.
does anyone have the hysterical honda song?
goes something like
"the b16s and the h22s...if it ain't a type r then it ain't a tight car, if it ain't a tight car then it ain't a type r...b v-tec baby."
it should be the battle cry for all the hondas on beyond. :D

ryder_23
08-23-2004, 01:35 AM
i'm lookin for it as we speak :D

ryder_23
08-23-2004, 01:39 AM
I Found it :D

VTEC :D (http://www.runeb.org/www_docs/Jexoticasite/soundandvideo/TypeRsong.mp3)

Skylinelover
08-23-2004, 02:05 AM
I smoke a V8 like I smoke Marijuana

:rofl:

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 02:36 AM
hahahaha, what a WICKED song!

freakin
08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
I showed up but was a little anti-social. I ran in to an old friend and just talked to him the entire time.

Sounds like I missed out on a fun drive with the 1-A cruise.

Anyhow thanks to the organizers...I did have a good time despite the fact that I didn't meet anyone new.

bigboom
08-23-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

well if that guy would have let me pass him Cyclone would have been right on your "L" Badge bro...

yeah lexie was pretty scared of cyclone passing her sooooo i had to use the van :)

403Gemini
08-23-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by freakin
I showed up but was a little anti-social. I ran in to an old friend and just talked to him the entire time.

Sounds like I missed out on a fun drive with the 1-A cruise.

Anyhow thanks to the organizers...I did have a good time despite the fact that I didn't meet anyone new.

lol who were you there..... hehehe ;) did you have the 2dr teg or the 4 dr?

ryder_23
08-23-2004, 10:30 AM
2dr teg was "Phats" wasnt it?
the black one

403Gemini
08-23-2004, 10:39 AM
2dr teg was "Phats" wasnt it?
the black one

yea thats what i thought heh

freakin
08-23-2004, 11:48 AM
^^^ The 4-door teg was mine.

Team_Mclaren
08-23-2004, 11:56 AM
after u guys took off at banff u left me and skyline_addict behind!!!! fuckin traffic was gay!! took me the entire trip back to calgary to catch up to u guys, right before COP, but then i kinda left skyline_addict behind... haha, he kept up for a bit then mins later his gone from my rear mirror...:D

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
after u guys took off at banff u left me and skyline_addict behind!!!! fuckin traffic was gay!! took me the entire trip back to calgary to catch up to u guys, right before COP, but then i kinda left skyline_addict behind... haha, he kept up for a bit then mins later his gone from my rear mirror...:D

yeah.
i probably got cut off by people who wanted to go slower around 10 times. it was unreal.

i was probably a good 5-10 mins off pace.

rage2
08-23-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm glad I left a few mins early. No traffic, steady 140ish all the way back with the flow of traffic. Everyone was speeding on Sunday, which made things nice.

HighVelocity
08-23-2004, 12:34 PM
I had a lot of fun at this cruise... plus it was my first one ever. Everyone was pretty easy to talk to and there were a lot of nice cars there. I drive the black prelude by the way... and Ryder_23... that VTECH song rules! My new anthem! :thumbsup:

As a prelude owner I'd just like to say that Buh_Buh and 1-Bar's cars were fan-fricking-tastic. I need to go make some money now... hellllllloooo overtime.

Hopefully I'll be along for more cruises in the future...

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 12:34 PM
I'm glad I left a few mins early. No traffic, steady 140ish all the way back with the flow of traffic. Everyone was speeding on Sunday, which made things nice.

yeah, i was able to hit 140 for maybe a couple minutes all together.
if you were there, you would've thought someone(s) was out there to get me, lol.

dieselpower91
08-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Damn...
I wish I would have ended up going!
Of course my car was acting up.. just running like crap and running hotter than I like it too for no apparent reason.

Come on we need to plan another one this fall!!!

1-Bar
08-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by HighVelocity

As a prelude owner I'd just like to say that Buh_Buh and 1-Bar's cars were fan-fricking-tastic. I need to go make some money now... hellllllloooo overtime...

Thanks :thumbsup: Its hard to belive that the car was stock almost 4 months ago.

rage2
08-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
Thanks :thumbsup: Its hard to belive that the car was stock almost 4 months ago.
That's because you cheated by driving Richard Chan's car!

bigboom
08-23-2004, 01:44 PM

leave my brother alone...so what he stole someone elses car to drive to a cruise, not his fault :)

ok now even i lost track of whos car is my brothers :D

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by BumpinTalon

bah 140 is small change. if you're going to speed, go 170 at least.

i never said i was going fast.

finboy
08-23-2004, 02:27 PM

leave my brother alone...so what he stole someone elses car to drive to a cruise, not his fault :)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1-Bar
08-23-2004, 03:15 PM

Hahaha...okay, you found me out. My stock lude was at home and I borrowed Richards car....I just wanted to fit in :tongue:

I'M YOUR REAL BROTHER!! See sig for actual car :rofl:

Sonic_A4
08-24-2004, 12:31 AM
thanks vince i know thats why i wasnt driving lol, well my car will be there next cruise

FoRn420
08-24-2004, 06:01 PM
well i bailed out early, sorry, cant say i was having the greatest time in the world drive, stand in the rain, drive, stand in the rain, drive, stand in the rain...the driving was fun but the rain part got annoying so instead of turning off 22 i just kept on it coz it was a shortcut fomr for me andmy non-calgary buddy...
it was alright...maybe come again...yeah right, only once i buy a honda and aint such a reject lol

86max
08-24-2004, 09:17 PM
^^^^ you put a nice chip in my windsheild buddy:guns:

lol no big deal,

Anyways, more than half the people there didn't have Hondas, theres no reason to think that everyone else is a reject. You don't need a nice car to talk to people.:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
08-24-2004, 09:30 PM
When is the next cruise!!! Try to have one before the snow bombards us! I wont sleep in this time:banghead:

EK 2.0
08-24-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by FoRn420
well i bailed out early, sorry, cant say i was having the greatest time in the world drive, stand in the rain, drive, stand in the rain, drive, stand in the rain...the driving was fun but the rain part got annoying so instead of turning off 22 i just kept on it coz it was a shortcut fomr for me andmy non-calgary buddy...
it was alright...maybe come again...yeah right, only once i buy a honda and aint such a reject lol

wow...issues much??:dunno:

ryder_23
08-24-2004, 09:43 PM

I'm a reject and i drive a honda :D

Team_Mclaren
08-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by FoRn420

The way i look at it, is how u react with others matters the most. Most of us dont know each other before events like this that made us friends. Not having a honda is no reason to feel rejected. I dont even drive a honda for the love of god.!

I understand that the drive-stand in rain- drive might be annoying to some. but there is only so much we can do. (too bad we arent GOD... we are just mods....)
But we all felt that this was a successful event and people were having a GREAT time. We were not able to take a BBQ or have any out door activities becase of this, but after this is a "cruise" which people enjoy mostly the "drive"/"cruise" part of it. the standing in the rain was only a part of it.

Anyway, im sorry that u havent had the greatest time, but im sure most of us had a blast. Hopefully you will be more satisfy next time around!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
08-25-2004, 12:09 AM

Not having a honda is no reason to feel rejected. I dont even drive a honda for the love of god.!

yeah, but you wish you did. ;).
jokes jokes, I love the mazda.

I understand that the drive-stand in rain- drive might be annoying to some. but there is only so much we can do. (too bad we arent GOD... we are just mods....)
But we all felt that this was a successful event and people were having a GREAT time. We were not able to take a BBQ or have any out door activities becase of this, but after this is a "cruise" which people enjoy mostly the "drive"/"cruise" part of it. the standing in the rain was only a part of it.

Vince is right. You need to stop being such a poor sport. I think we made the best out of a dreary day. Everyone had a fun day because they were ready to have fun and therefore, made fun out of what could've been a boring day. Your "pity me" attitude isn't going to help you have any fun, but don't count on other people to wait for stragglers. We all had a great time. There was plenty of time to joke around, make new friends and just let loose. Obviously, if you though this event was all about standing in the rain, then I think you didn't have a good time because you were expecting something outside of what this cruise had to offer.