PDA

View Full Version : exorcist the beginning.

3g4me
08-23-2004, 09:06 AM
I saw this movie last night and i thought it was pretty good. I watched the original Exorcist before i went to see the new one and i noticed alot of similarities between the two. If anybody has wondered what the start of the original exorcist has to do with anything, this new movie explains pretty good. Overall it was pretty good, but also pretty predictable. Some scary parts though.:eek: :D

EK 2.0
08-23-2004, 09:09 AM
good...I am probably gonna go and check it out today...

the reviews weren't that favourable to the flick, but I was gonna see it anywhoo...

3g4me
08-23-2004, 09:09 AM
Reviews are allways bad on horror flicks.

GQBalla
08-23-2004, 09:18 AM
sorry this has nothing to do with the movie but
Auynah Magundah

Dai Lo, ow yao ghai gwut dhosie mmm ghoy??

cyclone what does this mean?
i can make out the dai lo part. but everything else is juss:confused:

403Gemini
08-23-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Auynah Magundah

isnt that vietnamese? arif you speak vietnamese?!

EK 2.0
08-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Auynah Magundah

Originally posted by 403Gemini

isnt that vietnamese? arif you speak vietnamese?!

no the first line is Tagolog...and the second line is Cantonese...I am just learning words and stringing together lil phrases that make NO sense...

bigboom
08-23-2004, 10:12 AM
something about buttered toast...arrif loves his butter

lam-boy
08-23-2004, 10:52 AM
i rmeember hearing chicken bones and buttered toast haha.

kiwi
08-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Auynah Magundah

"big brother, butter chicken bone toast please"

what is that suppose to mean?

Team_Mclaren
08-23-2004, 12:59 PM
didnt he learn that in banff?:rofl:

Hakkola
08-23-2004, 01:07 PM
Haha, I thought he learned some in Edmonton or something, he was saying it yesterday though.

three.eighteen.
08-23-2004, 01:23 PM
im getting "big brother, i have chicken bone, (dhosie is like having lots of issues, being picky) please?"

izzoblitzo
08-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
im getting "big brother, i have chicken bone, (dhosie is like having lots of issues, being picky) please?"

if you put it that way... I would also see...

"Big brother, I have chicken bone, black bean please?"

Cyruss12
08-23-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
If anybody has wondered what the start of the original exorcist has to do with anything, this new movie explains pretty good.

back on topic...It explains in the first movie what the begining is all about.

Marsh
08-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Good, I'm eager to see this movie it looks cool

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 08:39 PM
yeah it wasn't too bad.
not that scary though.

the devil is one horny bastard!;)

EK 2.0
08-23-2004, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

"big brother, butter chicken bone toast please"

what is that suppose to mean?

Kiwi, hit it right on the head...I am slowly leanring lil bits of Chinese...and am stringing the words together into phrases that mean NOTHING...lol...but this way I will learn a lot of words, and learn to make my own sentences...

and back on topic...the guys I was supposed to see the flick with flaked cause they were too scared...pussies...:D

three33
08-23-2004, 09:32 PM
it was a good movie some scarie parts but all in all a good movie worth the 11bux

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Kiwi, hit it right on the head...I am slowly leanring lil bits of Chinese...and am stringing the words together into phrases that mean NOTHING...lol...but this way I will learn a lot of words, and learn to make my own sentence

learn mandarin, it'll come in way more handy :)

kiwi
08-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

learn mandarin, it'll come in way more handy :)

For me, I find mandarin very difficult to learn. I can speak fluent cantonese, & you know how cantonese is all slang, but mandarin is formal... & it doesn't help that I can't read that much chinese (which is usually written in formal form)... :dunno:

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by kiwi

For me, I find mandarin very difficult to learn. I can speak fluent cantonese, & you know how cantonese is all slang, but mandarin is formal... & it doesn't help that I can't read that much chinese (which is usually written in formal form)... :dunno:

there is such a thing as formal cantonese...but i guess people don't use it much. formal cantonese is word for word with mandarin (in writing of course).
as a dialect, it's natural for the language to evolve in much more than just verbal aspects.
well, it doesn't hurt to get started! chinese is more becoming a global language these days.
you'd also be surprised with the similarities between the oriental languages (korean, jap, chinese). so close, yet so different :)
in fact, koreans and japanese can read as many characters as the chinese...of course, meanings and how they are said may differ...but in many instances they are close. if not the same.
it's like hitting 3 birds with one stone :).

Seanith
08-23-2004, 11:38 PM
Postjacking mod! :D

i've seen the previews for this movie, and it looks like it could be good..

Skyline_Addict
08-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
Postjacking mod! :D

i've seen the previews for this movie, and it looks like it could be good..

don't tell me you were going to say the same thing!? ;)

ApexDrift
08-24-2004, 11:55 AM
so what kind of scary is it?... like the jump out of no where scary, or the OMG, creepy, cringing scary?...

3g4me
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Mostley jump out of nowhere scary. :eek:

93PGT
08-24-2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I saw it last night too. I thought it was definitely worth the $11. Couple good scary parts. Go see it if you liked the first one.

Skyline_Addict
08-24-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Mostley jump out of nowhere scary. :eek:

yeah but it gets predictable after a while.

GQBalla
08-25-2004, 01:24 AM
hmmm never saw the original exorcist but i thought this would be scary so i didn't want to see it but my friends dragged me into it and i thought it was the stupidest shiet i have ever seen i should wasted my money on alien vs predator.....even though people said AVP isn't that good at least it has predators.!

BebeAphrodite
08-26-2004, 11:37 AM
he he he, movies like this I have to rent so that I can have all the lights on when I watch it so I don't get too scared.
The first exorcist gave me nightmares for years. Horrible!

Def_3
08-26-2004, 12:25 PM
This movie was freakin scary and disturbing, theres a scene with some wild animals and a birth which will haunt me for years....

didnt want to spoil it

Tilly
08-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Def_3
This movie was freakin scary and disturbing, theres a scene with some wild animals and a birth which will haunt me for years....

didnt want to spoil it

OMG - The birth was probably the nastiest thing in the movie.. it was absolutely horrible. As for the degree of 'jump-out-of-your-seatness', the movie didn't have much of it, however, when it did happen it was pretty good. I think the movie was more of a suspense-style movie than anything.. you'd just wait for things to happen.

Kamen
09-08-2004, 01:46 AM
Just saw it tonight out of boredom. Man it was better than I thought...I wish gpomp was with me so I could feel him jump out of his seat :D