PDA

View Full Version : 1st Yr engineering at U of C

Marsh
08-23-2004, 11:36 AM
Hey guys/girls,

IM starting my first year of engineering at U of C but its my 2nd yr at U of C. I can't sign up for the Block courses because i've already taken math and chem so i have credit for them already, so the Engg office told me I have to sign up classes individually. I was wondering If I could take a look at any of your guys's schedule to help me set up mine b/c im having a hell of a time trying to get classes that don't conflict!!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Marsh

Team_Mclaren
08-23-2004, 12:07 PM
cant u just sign up for the groups?? and just take the classes that u need off the list?

Marsh
08-23-2004, 12:12 PM
It would make sense but when you sign up for the group courses, its a "all or none" type of situation...they won't let u sign up for it if u already have credit for some of the classes

Impreza
08-23-2004, 12:21 PM
I am entering my 3rd year of University and I have a lot of the first year credits already. I just registered for the group courses and then called the Engg undergraduate office and they removed the courses I already have credit for.

Impreza
08-23-2004, 12:31 PM
Also, on a side note, are there any block week courses that 1st year engineers need to take?

Strider
08-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Marsh
Hey guys/girls,

IM starting my first year of engineering at U of C but its my 2nd yr at U of C. I can't sign up for the Block courses because i've already taken math and chem so i have credit for them already, so the Engg office told me I have to sign up classes individually. I was wondering If I could take a look at any of your guys's schedule to help me set up mine b/c im having a hell of a time trying to get classes that don't conflict!!

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Marsh

I just registered for a Block and dropped the unnecessary courses:clap:

kaput
08-23-2004, 01:35 PM

Marsh
08-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Yeah I know thats what i tryed to do, register for the block courses, but it wouldn't let me b/c it said I have already completed an equivalent course(Amat217/219)

I phoned the engg fools and they said since thats the case i hae to register individual classes instead. its tough shit tryin to do it, I just need to look at one of ur guyses schedules!!!

Seanith
08-23-2004, 04:42 PM
just go check the infonet, and check out availability for some courses. the ones that only have like one spot sign up for first
then when theres conflicts, just drop courses and re add them.. once you do some of that if you need help just go to the undergraduate office..

kaput
08-23-2004, 05:12 PM

Marsh
08-23-2004, 08:23 PM
Er oops, sorry man I missed your first post when I was Scrolling down. Thanks though I will do that

kwonner
08-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Just remember when you're making your schedule that it's ok to have labs that are in conflict. As long as one lab is odd numbered and the other lab is even numbered. I think all the course groups are made with conflicts.... those are just the labs. Or maybe you already knew that. In any case Good luck in first year.

Seanith
08-23-2004, 10:52 PM
yeah, look for labs that (if conflicting), fall on odd and even days so you'll have them alternating weeks :)

kaput
08-24-2004, 01:38 AM

V6-BoI
08-24-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by kaput
I don't believe labs are included in the groups, just the lectures. If I remember, you register for labs independently.

Eh? Really? I kinda remembered when you pick a block it picks all yor labs for you. But then again it was like 2 years ago, so I don't really recall.

kaput
08-24-2004, 08:29 AM

kwonner
08-24-2004, 10:35 PM
When you pick a block it picks everything for you including the labs and tutorials.