PDA

View Full Version : Kipper gets $2.95 Mil

accordboi_02
08-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Too much for half a seasons' work, IMO

But should we expect anything else from this great arbitration system?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20040823_151343_5320

Gonthro
08-23-2004, 01:51 PM
whatever man turok is getting 5 mill fer warming the bench.

i think kippers 3 mill is $ well spent.

accordboi_02
08-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
whatever man turok is getting 5 mill fer warming the bench.

i think kippers 3 mill is $ well spent.

Turek restructred his contract, remember?
Turek is pulling in $1.7 I think

buh_buh
08-23-2004, 02:00 PM
He only played like 38 games or something last season didn't he? And he still gets awarded that much money? He better not turn out like Turek.

QuasarCav
08-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
He only played like 38 games or something last season didn't he? And he still gets awarded that much money? He better not turn out like Turek.

Damn it, you had to say that didn't you.

The curse shall continue.

no_joke
08-23-2004, 02:08 PM
Looks like Gontro wasn't paying attention to the Flames for a couple days there... :D

Anyways, that does sound like alot of money considering it was only (only?) half a season plus the playoff run. Goddamn Ducks messed up the whole goalie market last year.

"Kiprusoff wanting a deal similar to the four-year, $19.5-million US deal Anaheim's Jean-Sebastien Giguere"

$2.95 M sounds like a middle ground, considering the possibility that Kipper might have a bad season ala J-S Giguere. (I certainly hope not though.)

"On the Flames' side was the aforementioned Giguere precedent, meaning the untested Ducks' goalie posted a less-than-stellar 2004 season in the wake of his post-Cup raise."

The payroll looks like it's gonna be alot bigger this year too. Imagine if we signed Conroy. I think the Ducks also set a precadent with jacking up the payroll after a great playoffs...

max_boost
08-23-2004, 03:23 PM
Rewind back to November, and the Psychic tells Mr.King that if he is willing to fork over $2.95 Million U.S to sign this goalie for one year and he will lead your club into the 7th game of the Finals, would you? Of course he would :D

Treat it like a reward, it's only a one year deal right?

QuasarCav
08-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Rewind back to November, and the Psychic tells Mr.King that if he is willing to fork over $2.95 Million U.S to sign this goalie for one year and he will lead your club into the 7th game of the Finals, would you? Of course he would :D

I'm guessing the Stanley cup run made more than 2.95 Million for the Flames?

But your right, he has to be rewarded or we wont even get a chance to decide whether it was good or not.

no_joke
08-23-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

There's never a response for that argument....

awd
08-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Who cares? there will be no NHL season anyways.

cujo_cjc
08-23-2004, 04:03 PM
i expected him to get in the mid 2 million range
so whats next...iggy?:dunno:

Marsh
08-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by awd
Who cares? there will be no NHL season anyways. :werd: :werd:

Mr_John
08-23-2004, 11:15 PM
good price i think
he deserved it, he only made 800k last year and he IS a main reason for the Flames success.
The 3million is for 1 year only, so if he turns out to be a Giguere or Turek, then he'll be back to making 800k the following year.

Plus with a salary cap possiblity, the Flames may be able to sign him for cheaper after IF Kipper does good again next year.

I believe that Kipper will be good next season again. He wont be outstanding but I bet he's gonna make a HUGE difference to the Flames season again.

CRXguy
08-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh

He was injured and out for a month or so, or else I think his stats would've looked even better.

I think it's a fair deal. Let's just hope he doesn't pull a Giguere, if there is a next season. :D

inawiJ
08-27-2004, 01:40 AM
i got a question though so after this 1 year deal is over what will happen to him will he become a restricted free agent or will he be allowed to go back to arbitration or whats gonna happen with him