PDA

View Full Version : I need a workout routine. Badly.

js11288
08-23-2004, 02:51 PM
I really need to start getting in shape. I'm already thin, but I don't know, I'm not really "fit", if you know what I mean. All I have in my house are two 10 pound weights. I don't really feel like going to a gym, so does anyone have suggestions as to what kinds of things I can do on my own to get in better shape?

bigboom
08-23-2004, 02:58 PM
run, run and more running

Skylinelover
08-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Push ups sit ups crunches stairs.

RiCE-DaDDy
08-23-2004, 03:04 PM
play a sport and do it regularly

mo_virgin
08-23-2004, 03:16 PM
run, run and more running

Push ups sit ups crunches stairs.

Yeah... if you've got the motivation, but as rice daddy said... if you can find something you like to do, stick to it... it won't feel like a chore working out and you'll look forward to it.

Sort of like gatorade... its not better for you than water. But it taste better than water so we tend to drink more of it during a workout.

three.eighteen.
08-24-2004, 09:54 PM
what kind of shape do you want to get into?

1badPT
08-24-2004, 10:20 PM
My workouts started off with the things I like to do. So what do you like to do? Walk? Run? Bike? Rollerblade? Swim? etc...

Start there, if you're doing something you like to do, chances are you'll keep doing it and that will give you a big advantage over someone who gets a gym membership, and never develops a habit of working out.

Once you give yourself the habit of being active then you can start tailoring your workouts for more endurance or strength. When you get to that point, you'll have no shortage of options.

GL

SportTwin
08-25-2004, 07:16 AM
Swimming and diving are awsome for getting in shape. Rollerblading and biking are highly recommended, and Calgary has awsome paths for that. You can always pick up an Xbox or a PS2 and play Dance Dance Revolution as a good cardio workout if you don't feel like leaving the house. Who would have though video games could help keep you fit :rolleyes:

And if you don't mind spending some money to buy or rent gear, visit the climbing wall at UofC. Its a good choice for Winter time. Plus you need to pair up with someone else so it keeps you motivated.