PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Nikon D70 DSLR

Johnny@CustomAuto
08-24-2004, 01:25 PM
I know I can buy it in the store brand new. I just wanna see if anyone has one for sale that they might not want, so I can save some cash.

Nikon D70 Digital SLR Camera.

C4S
08-24-2004, 11:44 PM
I will let you know, I am waiting to see the new Canon 20D.

I got whole bunch of stuffs for the D70 as well ..

20D should be out next month .. :)

Johnny@CustomAuto
08-25-2004, 10:27 AM
So you have D70 right now? And you might switch to Canon. I love Nikon, Canon would have to totally blow me away for me to switch.

Ben
08-25-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Neeper
So you have D70 right now? And you might switch to Canon. I love Nikon, Canon would have to totally blow me away for me to switch.

Prepare to be blown away...you also likely arn't familiar with Canons stable of lens' too right?

Johnny@CustomAuto
08-25-2004, 12:02 PM
LOL.. no, tell me more.

Melinda
08-25-2004, 12:41 PM
LOL.. no, tell me more.
Come to a photo meet with us canon lovers, we'll show you the way :) You'll want Canon in NO time!

Johnny@CustomAuto
08-25-2004, 12:58 PM
I feel like I am being coaxed to come over on the "dark" side. Hahaha.

Johnny@CustomAuto
09-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Just an update. I got my D70 and it's amazing!!

Gonthro
09-29-2004, 04:19 PM
no no, you're being coaxed to the uhh "light" side :P

sorry to hear that :rofl: :nut: :banghead:

boi-alien
09-29-2004, 04:20 PM
congrats!! let's see some sample pics!! :P

Johnny@CustomAuto
09-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro
no no, you're being coaxed to the uhh "light" side :P

sorry to hear that :rofl: :nut: :banghead:

I can not get into a debate with Canon vs. Nikon. I do not know enough about the Canon. But from the reviews I have read in Popular Photo, Nikon seems to have the edge with most pros. But I am sure creativity prevails anyways.

Does anyone know if there are photo clubs in Calgary where "brand name" of equipment didn't matter??

I have no sample pics as of yet. Nothing that I think is great at the moment. I am no pro anyways, just a hobbyist.

Ben
09-29-2004, 04:46 PM

I can not get into a debate with Canon vs. Nikon. I do not know enough about the Canon. But from the reviews I have read in Popular Photo, Nikon seems to have the edge with most pros. But I am sure creativity prevails anyways.

Does anyone know if there are photo clubs in Calgary where "brand name" of equipment didn't matter??

I have no sample pics as of yet. Nothing that I think is great at the moment. I am no pro anyways, just a hobbyist.

From experience, camera clubs in calgary, and most places for that matter...suck. Think of the nerdiest computer/star wars/role playing convention ever, multiply that by 100, mix in some extremely strange and eclectic saddists and goths, and thats your photo crowd.

Most DO NOT shoot digital and hate people who do...you're uncool if you dont have a darkroom and studio in your basement and dont do artistic nudes of your mother every day.

It's a strange crowd thats for sure.

The DIGITAL camera crowds are far better.

I dont like camera meets anyways, so I'm probably not the best person to take advice from. I would rather read up on photography forums that pertain to my interests. I have my own style, others have theirs...

My word of advice, take LOTS of pics! Dont use the AUTO modes...EVER.

Johnny@CustomAuto
09-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Haha, thanks for the info Ben. I kinda figured it would be pretty nerdy. I love going digital. How can one not love it? Take as many pics as you want and doesn't cost anymore money. I rarely use my auto mode.