PDA

View Full Version : I wanna call BS on someone plus I really want this product..this cant be true

Redlyne_mr2
11-10-2002, 11:10 PM
Are Falken tires available in Canada, i really want a set of the azeni's, someone told me they werent available in canada and I have yet to go looking for a set..whats the word on this

jdmakkord
11-10-2002, 11:13 PM
I have fallkens on my accord! Talk to tien at contemporary motorsports!

schlong8
11-10-2002, 11:30 PM
The Azenis are sold in Canada, u just have to look for them. Try www.tiretrends.com or www.talontire.com

both are in Canada, TireTrends is in BC and Talon Tire is in Quebec. both have very good service.

C

vince
11-10-2002, 11:39 PM
Canadian Tire!!!
go to www.driverfx.ca

they sell it pretty good price!!!

Redlyne_mr2
11-10-2002, 11:55 PM
I knew it...:thumbsdow to that dude who told me otherwise..thanks guys

Weapon_R
11-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Falkens I think are factory on BMW's. You can find them here. I don't know about your particular model, but falkens are not hard to find.

ecstasy_civic
11-11-2002, 12:12 AM
i really want a set of the azeni's
my friend has them on his rx7 ask ecstasyracer

lsvetc
11-11-2002, 01:08 AM
yeah there really easy to find. Go to contemporary and ask for Tien, he'll usually give you a good deal on them

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2002, 01:11 AM
any personal opinions on them, Ive heard theyre the next best thing to R compound tires only much more diverse for the street...I have the paradas and theyre pure trash:thumbsdow ..on my car anyway

ecstasy_civic
11-11-2002, 01:12 AM
well hmm he got them in august and there almost bald, bad in rain and pretty bad in snow, basically dont dive them too hard in the summer:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
well hmm he got them in august and there almost bald, bad in rain and pretty bad in snow, basically dont dive them too hard in the summer:thumbsup:
I really dont care about tread life...i dont drive my MR2 enough anyways plus it has never seen snow and barely sees rain, I want a tire thats quiet at highspeeds , can hook up nicely and can enable me to enter and exit corners as I desire;)

jdmakkord
11-11-2002, 09:21 AM
I'm not the only one who thinks Falken fk451's are better than paradas!!! If your looking for all out grip, I'm sure the axenis will be crazy:thumbsup:

SilverStreak
11-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Bridgestone Potenza S02s are what you should look for if you want performance.

Hollywood
11-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

Ya those are good. Or hook up with a set of Nitto 555R extremes, I love mine.

Voodoo Child
11-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by SilverStreak

The potenza's are definately a good tire, but if you are looking for super sticky road racing tires, the Azeni's are one of the best.
This has been found from almost all ITR road racers.
Go with the Azenis's!

CLiVE
11-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Are Falken tires available in Canada, i really want a set of the azeni's, someone told me they werent available in canada and I have yet to go looking for a set..whats the word on this

Got my Falkens 245/40/18's from Kal Tire...

schlong8
11-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Kal Tire in Edmonton doesn't sell the Azenis RS, but they do sell the Azenis ST115 which is probably not the one u are thinking about. The RS is the one that is dominating the SCCA solo II championships.....those are the ones w/ the assymetrical tread. The ST115 are unidirectinoal but NOT assymetrical.

If u are looking for a quiet tire, the Azenis are NOT for u. These things drone, not as loud as the A032Rs, but the noise is very comparible. As for wet traction, what do u expect? Look at the tread design, u think large tread blocks are going to provide suberb wet handling, nah uh.

C

PS. There is no such thing as a high performace tire w/ a long treadlife. U want grip, u'll have to sacrifice the wear.

three.eighteen.
11-11-2002, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Falkens I think are factory on BMW's.

pretty sure its continental:dunno:

szw
11-11-2002, 05:21 PM
Yeah contisport continentals are stock on BMW I think.

How are those tires? I have them, but havne't used them yet.

three.eighteen.
11-11-2002, 06:10 PM
i dont have them i have bridgestone potenzas on for summer and michelin pilot alpins for winter

Hollywood
11-11-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by szw
Yeah contisport continentals are stock on BMW I think.

How are those tires? I have them, but havne't used them yet.

They are more on porshe's. My specV had them and same with the SVT focus.

The conti's gripped well, I was impressed. But so far it's one of the most expensive mainstreem tires out there in north america.