PDA

View Full Version : Residential Road Rant

PhenomSE
08-24-2004, 08:57 PM
So I was leaving my parents place in the middle of the day, sun was shining, sunglasses were on, and windows down. There is a house down the road who is doing some renovations to their backyard. So there are two HUGE ass piles of rocks/gravel on either sides of the road right before a corner/bend. I am going 50 km/h minding my business when I come up to the rocks and I am about to go through the center of the two piles (Enough room for roughly one vehicle). This Dodge Ram comes flyin' around the corner going like 80 km/h and it's either him hitting me head on or me swirving to the right and slamming on the brakes. So I swerve over and smoke the side of the gravel rocks, lose control of my car and end up sideways on the road. By the time I regain control, turn around to follow the guy, he is gone!! I went up and down the road 3 times, so unless he parked in a grage, I lost him!! :guns:

I went and parked my car at my parents to look at the damage done to it. My front bumper is cracked, deeply scratched, fog light is cracked, fenders is off alignment, and my headlights is off now too. I am sooo pissed off!! If the guy was going the proper speed we both could of stopped in time. Thank god I was only going like 20 km/h at the time of impact or alot worse could of happened!! I am surprised that my airbag didn't go off either. There was gravel all over my hood and a bit of the carbon fibre is scratched too!! :guns:

Anyways...this is the end of my rant. I am not one to bitch about speeding either b/c I don't exactly follow the limits on roads like Deerfoot, Crowchild, Glenmore, etc...but come on people...slow down on residential roads please!? :banghead: :rolleyes:

O_J
08-24-2004, 09:05 PM
karma to the fucker in the truck.:thumbsup:

CelicaST-162
08-24-2004, 09:10 PM
Shitty luck man, I hate when people speed through alleys where kids are playing in! Sorry to hear about your car :guns: :guns:

cujo_cjc
08-24-2004, 09:11 PM
ouch that sucks man
i've had many similar run-ins but have been lucky enough not to hurt my car....just give myself a couple heart attacks! :nut:

PhenomSE
08-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
I hate when people speed through alleys

Thing is, this was in the middle of a residential road...pretty busy one too. I should call the city or something to report that these piles of gravel are there...unmarked at that!! This incident happened last week and they just now cleared the rocks :thumbsdow :rolleyes:

CelicaST-162
08-24-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by PhenomSE

Thing is, this was in the middle of a residential road...pretty busy one too. I should call the city or something to report that these piles of gravel are there...unmarked at that!! This incident happened last week and they just now cleared the rocks :thumbsdow :rolleyes:

I was basically in the same situation you were in last week. I was travelling on a narrow road that bottlenecks to an intersection and cars were parked on both sides. This hyundai was going pretty fast and only 1 1/2 cars can go through and he didnt seem to slow down at all when he saw me so I just pulled over and let that fucker go. Although I would own him in a collision :D

PhenomSE
08-24-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by CelicaST-162
Although I would own him in a collision :D

You don't want to mess up a nice Toyota though! :D

CelicaST-162
08-24-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by PhenomSE

You don't want to mess up a nice Toyota though! :D

:werd: Pathfinder with a steel guard=bad bews for the car:(

chibi_chas
08-24-2004, 09:40 PM
:thumbsdow

H4LFY2nR
08-25-2004, 03:17 AM
that sucks man, hope everything works out for you.

G
08-25-2004, 09:17 AM
Call bylaw they are not allowed to put anything on the road that obstructs traffic.

By my inlaws house the damn kids put 2 quarter pipes in the middle of the road and leave it there. Last time I was so pissed because my uncle from Edmonton almost smoked the ramps with his mini van at 11pm, I dragged both of them back to the white trashes yard and shoved it hard into their grass so both piece are sticking up like a realtors sign. Since that day they move their ramps back onto their driveway once they are finished being Tony Hawk.

PhenomSE
08-25-2004, 06:47 PM
I guess the old man across the street from my parents already phoned the bylaw officers a few days ago. We had a good talk today about it :D

Paul
08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
shitty man...you seemed pretty choked when i saw ya at Safeway. I don't know what you can do exactly in the way of getting this guy to pay for damages, you might be outta luck there. Just thank god you know a good bodyshop that is always willing to help you out :thumbsup:

davidI
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
You could totally sue for damages if he was in fact breaking the by-law. Or better yet just call the guy up and try to find a reasonable agreement.

403Gemini
08-26-2004, 11:40 AM
did you ever find out which house the guy with the truck lives in? any neighbors know? your parents know?

PhenomSE
08-27-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
did you ever find out which house the guy with the truck lives in? any neighbors know? your parents know?
No...asked around a bit and nothing...even a few beyonder's that live on the street haven't seen the truck either. Retarded of me to not take pictures either :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :drama:

statick
08-30-2004, 03:13 AM
soudns liek u got jacked real bad man, sorry to hear it