Shocks,
Currently not running, will fire up.. Phone for more info

$750 obo
650-1924
leave message

:werd: NELD

VWFO'LIFE
08-25-2004, 09:30 AM
well, unless you've changed the engine, that can't be a TDi, they didn't make TDi's in 91. I'm curious to know, you say it's not running, but it can be fired up??........let me know, might know someone interested. Is it a 1.9 or 1.6??.......

BroncStyles
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
It is a TURBO diesel, TDI or not its really just a name.
I believe it is a 1.9L
I have only owened it for a couple of weeks now.

what had happened is, The head gasket went, so the guy who owned it originally took it all apart changed the headgasket but couldnt figure out how it went back together. so I bought it off of him put everything back on some bolts and screws are missing. I worked with what I had.
I can get it running but I keep smoking out my neighbours and she just quits after 10min. I got to reset the timing marks TDC on the crank and injection pump. I think the timing belt sliped last night when I was trying to start it. Hard to start, she runs rough and smokes like hell.

I dont have the time right now to be fixing this shit when I dont have a garage to work in and this rain is just a piss off.
I'd fix it. But diesels are not my style.

Its in really good shape, I just got to much on my hands right now. Let me know what you think.

Thanks. Neld

:hitit:

BroncStyles
08-25-2004, 10:44 AM
If anybody wants it...
If you can take it before this Friday.
I'll even get it towed for you.

:thumbsup:
Neld

:eek: GOOD DEAL

BroncStyles
08-30-2004, 02:49 PM
Anyways, looks like there is more of an issue than just getting the timing marks set.
One of the valves is gummed up cause of it sitting for the past few years. So it deffinitly could use a Cylinder Head job. Valves and all. Also The head gasket was not the issue with coolant getting in the oil. It was a heat exchanger valve that all diesels have. That is the culprut. Besides knowing if the clutch is gone or not I dont know. Brakes? I havent bothered to look.

Parts or fixing, this is what is wrong.
I say do a Gas conversion and dont worry about the diesel. The body is worth it.

:whocares:
Neld

OFFERS? :dunno:

SinisterProbeGt
08-30-2004, 07:30 PM
pics....................

BroncStyles
08-31-2004, 09:11 AM
Heres those Pics

http://ca.msnusers.com/MAC-STYLES2/shoebox.msnw

:guns: :clap: :thumbsup:

BroncStyles