PDA

View Full Version : cd player doesn't play cds..

lam-boy
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
well i just got an old school jvc KD-S600 (thanks adam :thumbsup: ) well anyways I installed it last night and the radio works fine, but when I stick in a cd, I don't hear it load up then the screen says "EJECT".

so then I thought "hrmm, maybe it doesn't play burned cds like he said.." so I grabbed a real cd, stuck it in same thing..

im now guessing that it is dirty on the inside of the head unit, how would I go abouts cleaning this? use that compressed air spray bottle? or would I have to use that "CD Cleaning Kit" that has the CD which "cleans" the lens?

thanks in advance.

Paul
08-27-2004, 05:12 PM
i'd try that CD lens cleaner first, i had to do that when i bought a used CD player years ago.

lam-boy
08-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Paul
i'd try that CD lens cleaner first, i had to do that when i bought a used CD player years ago.

well it work? cause yesterday when I plugged in a CD, it didn't make that "loading/spinning" noise?
well I'll give it a try in a bit hope it works.

lam-boy
08-29-2004, 01:01 AM
well I used the cd lens cleaner, no go..so I guess this cd player is no use now?
I then sprayed some air inthere hoping to clear some dust, tried again no go. threw the CD lens cleaner in a few more times and nothing...

soo, I'm guessing this is of no use correct?

edit: well I just foudn out that it played CDs before he took it out and gave it to me. :dunno: :dunno:

illeagle
08-29-2004, 02:32 AM
Yah, i was in the car the last time that CD player was used, and it was working... It did sit on his dirty ass shelf for almost a year... all i can think of is that it's dirty.. :dunno: :confused:

Cyruss12
08-29-2004, 10:01 AM
Is it all cd's you try? or just burnt ones that wont play. I know my cd player wont play some of the burnt cd's i have, it just says eject and spits it out.

lam-boy
08-29-2004, 10:16 AM
i tried all types of cds burnt and real deal, booooo!!

Resnostyle
08-29-2004, 06:33 PM
you might need to take it out and use the can in all the holes... sometimes so holes allow access and others arent as good u just gotta work it..thats how my bros was..

Team_Mclaren
08-29-2004, 07:16 PM
the gears might be stuck... open the biatch and see if the cd is even spinning, thats what happened in mine, just had to give it a little push to get everything running again

lam-boy
08-29-2004, 11:17 PM
i took it apart and sprayed it down hardcore, no go..:(
guess its time to get anew deck..