PDA

View Full Version : First Car?

Amnesia
08-28-2004, 10:06 AM
Hi there.

Im 17 in a couple of weeks, i can start having my driving lessons by then. I still have £600 debt to pay off (on my computer and a bit more on my guitar). [So if any of you feel generous enough to help with these small payments, pm me for my paypal! LOL, if only!!! :D )

Anyway, i am just looking for your expert advice..i was looking at my first car to be like an old Golf GTI (G Reg or something stupid) for like £600.... but im not sure.. anyway.

What would be a good first car. It must be, obviously good for my first car, look pretty okay, room for mods (not like lush Gen Body Kits and neons everywhere) but you know what i mean?.. just the general stuff really, also affordable!!

Thanks for your help

Rockski
08-28-2004, 10:37 AM
hmmm, i think any older VW would be a pimp first choice car... hmmmmm id say a jetta though if you have the option to

barmanjay
08-28-2004, 10:42 AM
I agree,... A VW is an excellent first car,.... easy to maintain,... and in europe,... there should be LOTS of aftermarket mods for a VW,... seeing as the VW capital of the world is across the channel and a short drive.

My first car was a VW rabbit,... loved it sooo much,.. when It died,... I bought 3 more after that,... LOL,... Mind you that was years and years ago.

The one thing I totally loved about the car,... was the ability to 'tune-up' the handling,.. with a budget and have it perform like it's on rails!!!!

Amnesia
08-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Ok thanks so much for your help!
The jetta and rabbit look so good! and are affordable lol!!

Thanks again
Amnesia