PDA

View Full Version : Olympic marathon

BebeAphrodite
08-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Some people deserve to be shot!
http://www.cbc.ca/story/olympics/national/2004/08/29/Sports/marathon040829.html

Shaolin
08-29-2004, 03:07 PM
I watched it while buddy was running out (I didn't read the article but that's what i'm assuming you're talking about).

fucking guy runs out in a kilt and sends buddy into the stands.

i'm suprised no one rodney'd the guy afterwards.. that was such bullshit.. the guy had like a 40 second lead until that fucking guy jumped out.. i wonder what he was protesting about.

bah, i was not impressed.. he should get a gold with Stefano because of that fucker.

EDIT: Just read the article.. the same fucking guy that disrupted the F1.. wtf is his point.. i'm pretty sure he's not doing it because he can.. he's probably got some religious reason for doing it..

Melinda
08-29-2004, 03:11 PM
he was a former irish priest and apparently he did it because 'judgement day is coming soon'

total crap, he probably would have had gold instead of bronze had that not happened

BebeAphrodite
08-29-2004, 04:03 PM
i hope his appeal goes thro
but what a nutbag
:banghead: :whipped:

max_boost
08-30-2004, 11:39 AM
According to the Calgary Sun, appeal was denied!!!:bullshit: :thumbsdow

cloud7
08-30-2004, 03:42 PM
that's so stupid... where the heck are the security??? The organizers should be fined for letting such a thing happen.

speedracer
08-30-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
According to the Calgary Sun, appeal was denied!!!:bullshit: :thumbsdow
Seems like a trend :thumbsdow
What about Kyle Shewfelt from Canada? Their protest was denied as well :thumbsdow

CKY
08-30-2004, 04:48 PM
but you gotta give lima some props the way he handled this, if any of you actually watched the race, he was so happy when he finished it didn't even seem like he cared about the gold. and from what i remember hearing on tv, it wasn't he him that filed the protest

ninjak84
08-30-2004, 04:55 PM
this years' games were so brutal.
greece did such a bad job at almost everything!

Seanith
08-30-2004, 06:09 PM
They aren't going to give him the gold? Thats the most retarded thing i've ever heard! Its pretty obvious he was going to win the whole time! What a disgusting thing to happen! :(

///M3
08-30-2004, 06:25 PM
if i was there id soo start shit kicking that nut job. fuckin ppl these days.

wildrice
08-30-2004, 06:33 PM
damn, that sucks
why would u deny the gold to him??
he had it in the bag b4 the fag grabbed him

Skyline_Addict
08-30-2004, 06:39 PM
well, it seems that the olympics are never perfect...or anything for that matter.
i really can't stand sports which depend on judging for score... it's way too easy to screw someone over like that..

kaput
08-30-2004, 06:41 PM

wildrice
08-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
well, it seems that the olympics are never perfect...or anything for that matter.
i really can't stand sports which depend on judging for score... it's way too easy to screw someone over like that..

that's true, but what can u do, some sports depend on the judging

all u can so is hope that the judges are fair and aren't bias

Shaolin
08-30-2004, 08:44 PM
problem with Marathons is that there's strategy involved, there are guys that will hold back and then just burn the last kilometer or two.. I'm not say De Lima would of won the gold if this never happened, but there's variables to take into consideration.

although for the fact that he got tackled by some deranged priest should be grounds for some investigation. They should've given him the gold as well..

Anyone hear that one chinese dive, where the dive sucked hardcore, they gave the chinese competitor all 5s and the chinese judge gave him a 7.5.. yeah, no rooting for the home team there..

ban all sports that involve judges, or at least do a more in-depth background check. I heard the Hamm deal with that Columbian judge, he was like Hamm's bestfriends' cousin's roommate's mother's cousin's step dad or some crap like that. Ok, not that far fetched, but there was some connection with him and where Hamm is from. :thumbsdow

SI-vic
08-30-2004, 09:06 PM
I agree with Shaolin
ban all judged sports from the olympics
its obvious that they cant keep it clean, so they've ruined it for themselves.

///M3
08-30-2004, 09:46 PM
Scientists have already altered a gene to build muscle and burn fat by doing absolutely jack shit in mice, and they never loose any muscle either. And its through injection. so when this is available for humans, just think off the possibilities. But then being number 1 wont mean anything anymore.

car
08-30-2004, 10:08 PM
y exactly do the guys on the motorcycles not carry guns again?