PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1991 Hyundai Excel SE (Winter Car)

Barking_Spidre
08-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Ok, so here it goes. Im selling my 91 Excel because I just bought a 99 Volkswagon Jetta. The Excel has 196,XXX kms on it, 5 speed, still runs really well. Tires have roughly 30% left. It would make a good winter beater for someone. If you are interested, call my cellphone at 835-6086, and we can work something out. Also, email ([email protected]) and PMs work too. Asking price is $450 obo, but anything realistic takes it. Pictures should be up soon. Thanks guys.

SinisterProbeGt
08-29-2004, 05:10 PM
are you in calgary?

Barking_Spidre
08-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Im in Airdrie.... Close enough though.

DannyMan
08-29-2004, 07:26 PM
Does the car have any problems? Leaks? How's the clutch? Suspension, steering? I might be interested. You think you could get som epics up, or e mail them to me? My addy is:

[email protected] Thanks!

Barking_Spidre
08-30-2004, 07:21 PM
I'll have pics up asap.

Barking_Spidre
09-07-2004, 08:04 PM
Sorry about the lack of pictures, i was houseboating. I dont exactly know how to attach pictures

Barking_Spidre
09-07-2004, 08:05 PM
holy crap it worked!! woohoo

Barking_Spidre
09-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Bump? I need to sell this car, its taking up my apartment parking stall =S lol make an offer

Nate25
09-08-2004, 10:37 PM
This Car is the bomb for shizzle my nizzle

calyfornia
09-08-2004, 11:23 PM
for sheezy my neeezy

badseed
09-09-2004, 12:51 AM
I owned a 91 excel 2 years ago, sweet winter car, fucking awsome heat and didn't even have to plug the shit in over night.

Barking_Spidre
09-09-2004, 05:48 PM
AH yes.. The long awaited pictues. here should be everything that you need. Car is still for sale.

Barking_Spidre
09-09-2004, 05:49 PM
pic2

Barking_Spidre
pic3

Barking_Spidre
pic4

Barking_Spidre
09-09-2004, 05:50 PM
pic5

Barking_Spidre
09-09-2004, 05:50 PM
and finally, the last picture.... *whew*

Scottie403
09-10-2004, 11:34 AM
i ahve friend that says he'll give ya $300

ApexDrift
09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
yo im the guy who called you the day before!...
so wheres a good place for you to meet?

marq-jt
09-10-2004, 01:35 PM
willingto trade for a exhaust + cash

Nate25
09-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Bump

Barlow
09-11-2004, 07:14 PM
interested, please pm me a time your available to meet so i can look at the car, thanx

Barking_Spidre
09-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Bump :thumbsup:

Barking_Spidre
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Sorry for double post...

Never got a call back from this guy who was going to look at my car.

Still for sale, [email protected] or call me 835-6086

thanks! :thumbsup:

Barking_Spidre
09-12-2004, 08:07 PM
Sorry for a triple post :confused:
im available anytime after 5pm, and i'll meet anyone interested at the deerfoot outlet mall. give me a call on my cell phone (835-6086)
-Kirby

Christianl
09-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Damn good deal, but Im in Edmonton :(

Barking_Spidre
09-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Meetin in red deer is a possibilty, but if thats the case, it'd be like a one time trip, and id have to leave minus an excel =P

Barking_Spidre
09-13-2004, 06:39 PM
bump :)

Vanish3d
09-13-2004, 09:59 PM
hmm... i'm actually interested. I was planning on spending $4000 or so on a car but this might be a good winter beater.

Does it need anything?
you think it'll survive the winter?

little_d_mr2
09-16-2004, 01:03 PM
perfect winter beater, if it's not sold by november i'll make u an offer and take her for sure!

chilong
09-20-2004, 10:25 AM
I bought the car. The starter died on me LITERALLY ten minutes after purchase. Hopefully everything else is ok... gonna cost me a couple hundred to get the starter fixed, so it's turned out to be a little more expensive than intended. :(

QuasarCav
09-20-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by chilong
I bought the car. The starter died on me LITERALLY ten minutes after purchase. Hopefully everything else is ok... gonna cost me a couple hundred to get the starter fixed, so it's turned out to be a little more expensive than intended. :(

It's always something man, you can never buy a car without something breaking within a few minutes. Just be glad it's the starter and not the cyl. head;)

EnRich
09-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Buddy who sold it should go at least half on the starter... Ever advertise that the car is in good runnin cond and then breaks down 10 min after... New start is like 200 bucks +

Just my opinion, that would piss me off

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by EnRich
Buddy who sold it should go at least half on the starter... Ever advertise that the car is in good runnin cond and then breaks down 10 min after... New start is like 200 bucks +

Just my opinion, that would piss me off

chilong is a friend of mine, but he doesn't frequent the board much so i'll reply for him...

the guy did offer to pay for part of it... but ever since chilong tried to take him up on the offer he conveniently is no longer answering or returning calls.

QuasarCav
09-20-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

chilong is a friend of mine, but he doesn't frequent the board much so i'll reply for him...

the guy did offer to pay for part of it... but ever since chilong tried to take him up on the offer he conveniently is no longer answering or returning calls.

If the bill of sale states "sold AS-IS" buddy has no legal requirment to do anything. He does have a moral requirment and if he wants to sell on here again he should do something.

I cant stress this enough: BUYER BEWARE.

Gonthro
09-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

If the bill of sale states "sold AS-IS" buddy has no legal requirment to do anything. He does have a moral requirment and if he wants to sell on here again he should do something.

I cant stress this enough: BUYER BEWARE.

i agree... but 95% of the time you know when a starter is on its way out... and for the $350 he paid most people wouldn't mind putting a little work into it to get it running properly so he should have mentioned it then there would be no problems.

EnRich
09-20-2004, 12:35 PM
Fuck that... I had the exact same 91 Excel, sold it for 250... it had a little bit more km... 350 was already asking too much for a sos... guy should buy the part... Yea i know all bout the as is...

QuasarCav
09-20-2004, 12:47 PM
It's one thing if you buy a cheap car and buddy says everything works fine.

Its another when it's a POS 250 dollar car. what do you expect.

Here is the scheme I use when buying cars:

$100- Engine wont start with boost, worn tires, deck missing, brakes fucked, rust and/or three different colors

$200- Battery is prob. on its way out, 40% tread, some interior parts missing, engine problems, no exhaust, body in rough condition

$300-Car should start, interior should be about 75% complete, tires at 50%, engine has mech. problems, all comsumable parts are probably fucked.

$500- Car should run mech. fine, tires worn but usable, interior should be 90% complete, body has rust but no structure rust, may pass inspection with $200 investment

$1000- Car should work normally, generely high Km's, tires in good shape, interior complete, some mech. problems, body in fair condition.

I've been screwed a few times from cars on Beyond and just cars in general. I checked everything but something managed to fail every time. Only one car has been as advertised.... I paid 1200 for it.

nboylie
09-20-2004, 01:17 PM
glad i didnt buy the car :) but I know the guy, im friends with his brother and i know him too.

Barking_Spidre
09-20-2004, 09:45 PM
I'd just like to clear myself up, that the person who sold the car was a friend of mine using my Beyond account, so please don't hold anything against me, for I had nothing to do with the sale.

Thanks

chilong
09-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Barking_Spidre: In the first post it's your car (and all the way through the thread), and now in the last it's not your car, but someone else's? I like how when I was test driving the car you were talking about the community here on the boards and how it was nice, etc...

I also like how you offer to pay some of the starter repair costs, then when I call you to take you up on the offer, you don't return calls. Pretty scummy, and my rating of you on these boards reflects that.

Obviously you're under no legal obligation to do anything whatsoever... the car was bought as-is... but why pretend to actually give a shit then?

Barking_Spidre
09-21-2004, 08:18 PM
This is the friend of barking_spidre who sold the car. First off, I was legitamitly concerned about the car, and I honestly didnt know that the starter was going to go. But for a 350$ car, as stated above, it wasnt a perfect car. You also seemed to forgot to mention that my friend and I came down and spent over 2 hours trying to help you figure out what the problem was. You THOUGHT it was the starter, my friend and I determined that was the actual problem. I did more than I had to in that case, and I had to skip off work over 4 hours early to accomodate helping you, so Im out 55 myself. Im sorry to hear that its going to cost so much to go through a dealership, but I looked into a couple starters at pick your part, and they were going for about 50 bucks, thats an alternative to save you money, and maybe get your mechanic brother to help you.

regards
-kirby

chilong
09-21-2004, 08:49 PM
My "mechanic brother" lives in Edmonton, as you are aware. And as for you coming to "help me out"... you couldn't even find the fucking starter, much less diagnose the problem. You (and your buddy) knew about as much as I do... which is next to nothing.

The car is fixed, as you're also aware from the messages I left on your cell.

If you didn't want to pay for any of the repair costs, why offer, then ignore my message? Just doesn't make any sense, kiddo.

Anyway, as for "Barking_Spidre", the name of the person I bought the car from is named "Kirby"... whether that's Barking_Spidre or not is irrelevant to me, as is what he chooses to do from here on in. I don't expect this kid will shell out any money, regardless of any moral implication.

I can definitely say that "what goes around, comes around"... People who fuck with others get what's coming to them in the end.

In any case, this is done and over with... as was said earlier... "Buyer Beware"... and beware of doing business with this kid. I definitely DO NOT recommend it.

Cheers.

Barking_Spidre
09-21-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by chilong
the name of the person I bought the car from is named "Kirby"... whether that's Barking_Spidre or not is irrelevant to me, as is what he chooses to do from here on in.
I can definitely say that what goes around, comes around... People who fuck with others get what's coming to them in the end.

In any case, this is done and over with... as was said earlier... Buyer Beware and beware of doing business with this kid. I definitely DO NOT recommend it.

Cheers.

I don't see why telling his full name is going to help or anything. And sure, karma could be a factor, I'm just glad it's not me.

:closed: