PDA

View Full Version : Sunbird Intake Idea/Concept...?

decyphex
08-29-2004, 07:40 PM
My sunbird, like all others has 2 oval shapes holes that go straight through in the front bumper. I was thinking that I could fabricate some type of intake boxes to put on those holes (from the inside) and run them to the air filter box (what someday may be a CAI). Then I would put some type of screening in the front of the holes (screening with big enough holes to still have airflow) to keep bugs and other stuff out, I could tack those on with a welder. Then I would put light screening in the inside also.

What do you think of this idea?

One question, is there a way to keep water out, because I can't do it otherwise...

Has anyone done this before? Is there a site about it?

90240br
08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
Mm, I'm not quite sure how much all that will do for you in the end, but then again im not to framiliar with the engine set-up on the sunbird. I would suggest maybe replacing the stock airbox with a cone style filter and making a heat sheild or something like that. I know some people have made holes in their front ends to direct more air, but i dont think having air twisting and winding towards your airbox would work in any noticable matter.

hope this helps. cheers., br.