PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Fresh Pics of my ride

ALBERTA_IS
08-29-2004, 10:19 PM
Hey guys I don't think I have posted pics of my car so here you go.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/590000-590999/590467_10.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/590000-590999/590467_6.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/590000-590999/590467_12.jpg

DreammEr
08-29-2004, 10:20 PM
daymm thats pretty nice :thumbsup:

wildrice
08-29-2004, 10:23 PM
not really diggin' the fire
but otherwise pretty :bigpimp:

JordanLotoski
08-29-2004, 10:23 PM
get rid of all the graphics

civicrider
08-29-2004, 10:28 PM
yah its a lexus not a honda, those decals dont belong, but still aight ride.

bigboom
08-29-2004, 10:44 PM
get rid of the decals mang. IS's are sweet rides :)

GQBalla
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
the decals aren't bad as long as you like them that is but IS300 will always be pimp!

ALBERTA_IS
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Everyone says get rid of the decals when they see pics but when they see it up close change their mind. But I have actually been talking with Joeys Place in Edmonton about taking off the decals and reclearing the whole car with a blue purple pearl clear coat. Just haven't made up my mind yet, plus I want to install a supercharger before I repaint.

BigShow
08-29-2004, 10:54 PM
It's whatever YOU like, not what everyone says. Nice car!

chibi_chas
08-30-2004, 12:05 AM
what kind of grill is that?

ALBERTA_IS
08-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Its a L Tuned Carbon Fibre Grill.

Ben
08-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by ALBERTA_IS
Everyone says get rid of the decals when they see pics but when they see it up close change their mind.

No, actually most of us wouldn't, Personally think you ruined the whole prestige and impression of the car, took a luxury ride and turned it into a toy, however do what you like man.:thumbsup: To each their own.

Just cant expect everyone to like it when you ask for opinions and post pics. :)

oh, BTW, tungsten filter is not your friend in the day time taking pics of your car where we need to see all colors.

GQBalla
08-30-2004, 01:59 AM
WHOA ben! your jedi how did you know what kind of filter he was using????? jedi ben kanobi!

ALBERTA_IS
08-30-2004, 02:26 AM
Tungsten filter. I was using a 5.0 Mega pixel Sony Cyber shot, I didn't know there was filters I could change on it. PS I took a Luxury car and gave it some uniqueness instead of just buying a luxury car and keeping it looking like everyone elses. I don't really care if someone doesn't like it, everyone has their opinion.:thumbsup:

Rockski
08-30-2004, 07:10 AM
how come i havent seen that cruisin in the park before??!?!?!?!?!

Ekliptix
08-30-2004, 07:16 AM
Nice hot rod.

Akagi Redsuns
08-30-2004, 07:54 AM
Yes it looks unique I will give it that, but I think in a wrong way though. Flames and huge decals rarely look good on any car (muscle cars, hot rods vettes, neon, civics), but it looks really off in a classy ride like the IS300.

ex1z7
08-30-2004, 09:02 AM
That purple paint idea you had would be pretty fly, and it's an IS, not alot of people do stuff like that to them (decal wise and such) so at least thats props to you for trying something new.. But I have to agree with almost everyone else - wrong car to do it to .. Some nice stripe or something would look o.k I think .. But I've never been one for flames. >_<

bigboom
08-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Tungsten filter. I was using a 5.0 Mega pixel Sony Cyber shot, I didn't know there was filters I could change on it. PS I took a Luxury car and gave it some uniqueness instead of just buying a luxury car and keeping it looking like everyone elses. I don't really care if someone doesn't like it, everyone has their opinion.:thumbsup:

uniqueness? on an IS300? i wont ever stick a decal on my IS because its not unique...it ruins what the car was meant to be. but thats just me.

have you looked into getting your grill painted? i think it would look really good if the grill was the same body coulour.

Kid_a
08-30-2004, 10:20 AM

I could stick my 1991 VW golf on 22's, and it'd be unique, doesn't mean it's still cool.

MM99lude
08-30-2004, 10:27 AM
I saw you car driving around SCC in Edmonton a few weeks back.

I like the idea of getting rid of the graphics and repainting.
The car does look better in person but i still think the graphics take away from the lines and sexiness of the IS.

Going back to nice and clean would be my vote.

Zephyr
08-30-2004, 11:43 PM
does it really catch on fire when u drive? sorry i always wanted to ask a car owner with fire decals..

nice IS... graphics r a lil too much but hey, whatever floats ur boat!

ALBERTA_IS
08-30-2004, 11:48 PM
I could stick my 1991 VW golf on 22's, and it'd be unique, doesn't mean it's still cool.

Well I really don't value your opinion of cool. Its all what the person likes, I have had way more good comments than bad. But either way it really doesn't matter to me. I have driven a stock IS 300 around when mine is getting stuff done to it and it doesn't get the attention that this car gets. Plus every girl that sees my car is crazy about it and really that what counts:poosie:

JordanLotoski
08-30-2004, 11:49 PM
how could u have had good comments...thats like me putting neon stripes on my maxima...gayyyy...can i ask how old u are, that may have somehting to do with it..what a horrible looking is300..sorry man,, but what a waste

barmanjay
08-30-2004, 11:57 PM
I was just thinking here,.... bare with me,....

car = beautiful
rims = beautiful
purple/red/blue flames on a silver car = :banghead: (my opinion)

but,... I can tell you like the flames,... I actually like graphic like that if they are done like this:

say your car was that purple you were talking about
and you had the flames in a slighltly different shade sihloetting (sp?), .... almost like, if it was night,.. you couldn't make them out,... but in the sunshine,.. they'll make ppl double take at a distance,... and up close,.. it'll look mean,.....

iron fist in a velvet glove,.... my great aunt calls me that.

JordanLotoski
08-31-2004, 12:04 AM
this is how an IS should look......take note

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/28000-28999/28885_46_full.jpg

ALBERTA_IS
08-31-2004, 12:38 AM
I am 23 and just got this car so a body kit and maybe paint are to come. Putting neon stripes on your maxima is not even comparable to kameleon flames that are flawless. Yah I agree that maybe the big Lexus logo is a bit much but It looks good to me. But anyways as I said I am talking with Joeys Place in Edmonton about losing the flames and reclearing the car with a pearl clear coat. The car is loud and gets lots of attention but I have to admit I like it. I am planning on making it a little more subtle because after all it is a Lexus. Keep in mind I bought this car the way it stands and it isn't something I would have even considered doing to a Lexus but I really do like the way it looks. :D

JordanLotoski
08-31-2004, 01:04 AM
hey look u and this guy can be buddies
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/437000-437999/437584_4_full.jpg

ALBERTA_IS
08-31-2004, 01:24 AM
Your a fucking retard. Its losers like you that give good forums like this one a bad rep. Do the world a favor and go get a razor blade from your bathroom and slit your wrists cause with your attitude your worthless to the world anyway. :guns: If you don't like my car fine, try to act like a grown up instead of trying to showoff to everyone else.

Ben
08-31-2004, 04:00 AM
yeah, everyone just cool it!

bigboom
08-31-2004, 10:03 AM
I am 23 and just got this car so a body kit and maybe paint are to come. Putting neon stripes on your maxima is not even comparable to kameleon flames that are flawless. Yah I agree that maybe the big Lexus logo is a bit much but It looks good to me. But anyways as I said I am talking with Joeys Place in Edmonton about losing the flames and reclearing the car with a pearl clear coat. The car is loud and gets lots of attention but I have to admit I like it. I am planning on making it a little more subtle because after all it is a Lexus. Keep in mind I bought this car the way it stands and it isn't something I would have even considered doing to a Lexus but I really do like the way it looks. :D

im just curious is it good attention or is it people pointing and going man look at those decals how could he ruin a car like that? but seriously your opinion...

you should check out is300.net for some better ideas on how to mod your car.

JordanLotoski
08-31-2004, 10:06 AM
Your a fucking retard. Its losers like you that give good forums like this one a bad rep. Do the world a favor and go get a razor blade from your bathroom and slit your wrists cause with your attitude your worthless to the world anyway. :guns: If you don't like my car fine, try to act like a grown up instead of trying to showoff to everyone else.

hahah actually ive been on this site forever...and not many problems.....i just have a strong opinion when people wreck decent cars, and have no clue!!

peel off all the graphics...and your got a great lookin car

SI-vic
08-31-2004, 10:41 AM
I have driven a stock IS 300 around when mine is getting stuff done to it and it doesn't get the attention that this car gets. Plus every girl that sees my car is crazy about it and really that what counts:poosie:

The car is loud and gets lots of attention but I have to admit I like it.

I could walk around with my weiner hanging out on 17th ave and I'd get a lot of attention.
But the thing is, it would be the "what the fuck is wrong with this guy" kind of attention.
Just like in your case....
"what the fuck is wrong with this guy"
ruined a beautiful car.

ALBERTA_IS
08-31-2004, 04:37 PM
Like I said before I never get bad comments on my car, not saying that people aern't thinking them but whatever. Thanks for the input good and bad.:D

Skyline_Addict
08-31-2004, 05:43 PM
you shouldn't partake in expensive endeavours just to impress women...............

:D

Toms-SC
08-31-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Nice hot rod.

:D