PDA

View Full Version : UOA of UOC

black_rain
08-29-2004, 10:46 PM
what university would u all reconmend for a lawyer im still deciding between calgary and edmonton can sum one help cause ive seen edmontons and we lets just say its falling apart lol ((no offence)) well anyways any help would be appreciated !

lint
08-29-2004, 11:07 PM
I'd recommend learning to spell first. But I expect a lot out of my lawyers. Oh, and grammar and punctuation is important too.

Weapon_R
08-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Don't go to U of A! Like you said, Edmonton is falling apart, and you don't want to be a lawyer from a city thats falling apart - no one will hire you!

C4S
08-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Study in U of A, and work in Calgary ! :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
08-30-2004, 08:26 AM
wow are u serious? its a pretty well known fact that ua is a much nicer university than uc. the university is pretty much the only thing in edmonton thats better than in calgary. the u of a is bigger and receives way more provincial funding.

its like comparing the u of t to york or something haha

black_rain
08-30-2004, 10:06 AM
well it looks like most ppl say UOA im gonna wait a little while before i make my choice but any info on were it would be better to go for a lawyer well be greatly appreciated

Kid_a
08-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Comparing the UofA to UofC is a laughable comparison, UofA wins in almost all aspects, as GTE said.. its pretty much the only better thing in Edmonton compared to Calgary (cept for the Oilers)

benyl
08-30-2004, 10:23 AM
i remeber there was t-shirt that once said;

friends don't let friends goto u of a

Kid_a
08-30-2004, 10:26 AM
Because the friend trying to stop his friend is too stupid to get in himself?

lint
08-30-2004, 11:03 AM
What stage are you at in the application process? Have you applied for both schools, received two letters of admission and are now deciding between the two? If you're asking for general opinions about them here, it sure doesn't sound like you've done your homework.
A more objective approach might be to check out publications that rank the law schools. Maclean's might be a good start. LSAC also has a comprehensive list of all law schools in NA, including class size, cost, entering GPA, LSAT scores, etc.

After re-reading your first post, spelling and grammar aside, it's not even clear what you're looking for. Are you checking out undergraduate programs at UofA and UofC in preparation for applying to Law school? Or are you checking out law school? Or are you looking for a lawyer to represent you?

black_rain
08-30-2004, 11:07 AM
^ shit u must have a lot of fucken free time lmao im only gettin opions from the ppl that go their instead of getting a one sided opion from the school and hell u take everything way to damn serious lol

BebeAphrodite
08-30-2004, 08:05 PM
^^-- he's just giving you advice.

lint
08-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
^^-- he's just giving you advice.

He pm'd me. He's going into grade 10. :rolleyes:

kiwi
08-31-2004, 12:01 AM
:confused: :dunno: :rofl:

ShOwOfF
08-31-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by lint

ROFL
:rofl: :rofl:

BebeAphrodite
08-31-2004, 12:37 AM

Hmmm... but even at the age of 14 (when I was going into grade 10) I never typed like that even when i was being sloppy.

lint
08-31-2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

Hmmm... but even at the age of 14 (when I was going into grade 10) I never typed like that even when i was being sloppy.

He won't pass english 33, never mind get into law school.

GTS Jeff
08-31-2004, 03:36 AM

He won't pass english 33, never mind get into law school. u guys can laugh at his lack of english skills all u want, but theres something to be said about someone who has a bit of direction in life, a goal, even if the guy is only in grade 10. id say hes better off than a lot of university students who still dont have a clue what to do with their lives AND cant spell either :)

Jitenshakun
09-08-2004, 09:42 AM
U of A has a better law school. When the chief justice of the supreme court is a U of A Law Alumnist...

I'm not a huge U of A fan or anything but when it comes down to med, law or engineering U of A is much better.

However, U of C does have a top notch primatology program.

-J