PDA

View Full Version : tricep exercises

three.eighteen.
08-30-2004, 02:03 AM
need help finding exercises that produce results, its hard to get the intense work out needed to really tear at them

KoukiS14
08-30-2004, 03:09 AM
These work well without the need for fancy equipment.

Bench dips with or without plates on your lap
Overhead dumbell extensions
Dumbell kickbacks

Ive always liked tricep pulldowns but dont have the proper machine for that.

FiveFreshFish
08-30-2004, 03:27 AM
Push ups.

Marsh
08-30-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Push ups.
More specifically, Triangle pushups.

1badPT
08-30-2004, 10:37 AM
I call them diamonds, but I'm sure you're talking about the same thing :tongue:

Its like a normal pushup only difference is you put your index fingers and your thumbs together to form a diamond shape, and then do a pushup - concentrate on form - no flexing at the waist.

I also do regular pushups as well as "pulses".

Pulses are like a regular pushup but you work the bottom end of your range of motion really hard. Start from the pushed up position, lower yourself to about 2 inches off the floor, then quickly push yourself up 3 times (about halfway up each time) and then on the fourth pulse, go all the way up.

Last Tricep excercise I do is tricep pulldowns.

ZorroAMG
08-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Using the bicep curl bar, lay down on your back on the bench, extend your arms straight up with a shoulder width grip palms facing your feet , bend at your elbows steadily until the back of your hands come close to touching your forehead. Keep your elbows in and reverse on the extension....you can put more and more weight and not worry about plates on your lap.

badseed
08-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Using the bicep curl bar, lay down on your back on the bench, extend your arms straight up with a shoulder width grip palms facing your feet , bend at your elbows steadily until the back of your hands come close to touching your forehead. Keep your elbows in and reverse on the extension....you can put more and more weight and not worry about plates on your lap.

Do you mean Skull Crushers??

three.eighteen.
08-30-2004, 02:36 PM
yeah ive done most of those exercises lol

its like my left elbow wont cooperate when i try to add weight, esp on skull crushers and pressdowns

ZorroAMG
08-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by badseed

Do you mean Skull Crushers??

Yes.

1badPT
08-30-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
yeah ive done most of those exercises lol

its like my left elbow wont cooperate when i try to add weight, esp on skull crushers and pressdowns

Try reducing the weight and doing more reps - if you can't keep good form for your whole set, you might be starting with too much weight. Everyone has a slight imbalance with their muscles - the left might not be as strong as the right (sometimes the right gets more of a workout... :eek: ). If your right can keep up but your left can't, reduce the weight and you'll eventually get your left up to form. Try working to full failure of your left and it should catch up soon enough.

YCB
08-30-2004, 04:45 PM
weighted dips or close grip bench press is good..

if u think about it.. any excersise is good..its only how much u push urself..

Chim
08-30-2004, 07:04 PM
Rope attachment pull-downs
dips
bench press
military press

three.eighteen.
08-31-2004, 12:38 AM
my left side is stronger, used to be my right but my job over summer made my left side stronger, the left side can bench and curl stronger...its just triceps have never been able to give me that intense workout focused feeling like bench press or chin ups do