PDA

View Full Version : Suicide doors

5.9 R/T
11-11-2002, 11:51 PM
Late last night I was watching autoweek I think, then switched to something else then came back to find Ghey Ass Tuners a.k.a. High Rev Tuners on. One of the 'reporters' if you can call them that called those lambo countach (sp?) style doors that scissor up suicide doors. Now as far as I know sui doors open towards the rear of the car like the rear doors on most extended cab trucks. So is this moron an even bigger moron, or am I missing something here?

P.S. HRT is the gayest show on T.V. and everyone on it should be shot dead. :thumbsdow

lammer
11-11-2002, 11:55 PM
what channel is that show on anyways? i wanna give it a look sometime if im feeling down haha.

Ekliptix
11-12-2002, 12:09 AM
That show is crap. All they do is promote rice and talk about stuff they don't know anything about. (similar to myself actually)

szw
11-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Yea man suicide doors open 'backwards'.

Lamborghini doors are called gull-wing doors I think.

Ekliptix
11-12-2002, 12:29 AM
Gullwings are like on Delorians and those old Mercedes. The reason behind the 'scissor' style type is because of the width of exotic supercars, there was usually no room to open a normal style door in a garage or parking lot.

Sketch
11-12-2002, 01:39 AM
Ugg... High Rev Tuners. Absolutly the most rediculous show on TV.

Rice. :barf:

RickDaTuner
11-12-2002, 02:00 AM
Originally posted by Sketch
Ugg... High Rev Tuners. Absolutly the most rediculous show on TV.

Rice. :barf:
that and extreme imports

GTS Jeff
11-12-2002, 02:40 AM
yea...lambo doors are NOT suicide doors

5.9 R/T
11-12-2002, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Ekliptix
Gullwings are like on Delorians and those old Mercedes.

Those old mercedes? THAT old mercedes just happens to be the foundation for all mercedes 'SL' cars built today, including the SLK. It's one of the most sought after collectable cars in the world today. It was the most advanced sports car of it's time. That 'old Mercedes' is the 300SL coupe, a.k.a. Gullwing.

szw
11-12-2002, 02:48 AM
Sweet, I forgot the scissor type was different from the gullwing type. whatever..haha they r all dope. I wonder what it would be like to drive a car with doors like that. People would stare at you everytime you get out of your car. (I mean if they were installed on a normal civic or something)

RX-7_TWINTURBO
11-12-2002, 04:02 AM
I saw a silver 300SL Gullwing on the TransCanada Highway once in BC he was driving like he owned the road...and i dont blame him for that because i would of done the same
:thumbsup:

sexualbanana
11-12-2002, 04:04 AM
i was wondering that too! i was like wtf??? they're retarded. i can't stand to watch that show. a friend of mine has suicide doors on his volvo and they opened backwards so i was like 'unless my knowledge of cars is COMPLETE crap, those aren't suicide doors.'

EDIT: it's was kinda strange, i had a dream about turning my doors into lambo styles after watching that. not made for hatchbacks :rofl: .

so what are the lambo style called? or the delorean style?

5.9 R/T
11-12-2002, 04:17 AM
It's funny how there was that huge petition to ban/cutback NASCAR coverage on Speed, yet no petition to get rid of this god awful show. For instance:

- NASCAR coverage has done nothing to affect the import 'scene'

- High Rev Tuners (HRT) makes the import scene look like a bunch of morons, "Those 19 inch racing wheels are so trick dude!" WTF?

- The more NASCAR is on, the less HRT is on.

- According to HRT unless it's a honda or toyota it isn't good enough to be shown.

- Bad exposure is NOT better then no exposure at all.

- And finally, is HRT the basis for what you want the people not involved in the import scene to see you as? I sure as hell hope not.

So everyone was willing to sign a petition to get rid of something that had little to no effect on them, yet are not willing to even start a petition to stop something that is giving them a bad rap?

rage2
11-12-2002, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
One of the 'reporters' if you can call them that called those lambo countach (sp?) style doors that scissor up suicide doors. Now as far as I know sui doors open towards the rear of the car like the rear doors on most extended cab trucks.

You are correct. They are on crack.

infamous
11-12-2002, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
a friend of mine has suicide doors on his volvo and they opened backwards so i was like 'unless my knowledge of cars is COMPLETE crap, those aren't suicide doors.

hey is your friends volvo black?? with chrome rims and a pimp ass interior?

Madspinner
11-12-2002, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't mine putting lambo doors on my teg .:thumbsup:

Ferio_vti
11-12-2002, 03:14 PM
Suicide door, think Saturn coupe.

James
11-12-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by infamous

hey is your friends volvo black?? with chrome rims and a pimp ass interior?

With an INSANE stereo and a Cromed up Engine?....that'd be him.

sexualbanana
11-12-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
- According to HRT unless it's a honda or toyota it isn't good

not true. if it's not honda, toyota or ford, it's crap.