PDA

View Full Version : MTV Music Video Awards

Melinda
08-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Anyone else watch these last night? Can you say brainwashing america's youth with hardcore propeganda? Holy crap, "Vote or die"? Bringing out the presidential candidates daughters to have them booed on stage? It was as if every artist on that stage was part of this bigger plan to brainwash the audience into voting. After the first hour, we got the point but it got even worse towards the end with even more celebrities endorcing this "vote or die" mentality!

Kid_a
08-30-2004, 10:05 AM
well Yes it was an extreme way to get the point across, but it is a serious issue, and something people should be doing. Voting numbers are going down every year, and voting is a very important thing in life, IMO. So though it was very.. persistant, it was for a good cause..

Melinda
08-30-2004, 10:08 AM
No I support the cause and agree with it but 'Vote or DIE'? What kind of stupid slogan is that? Especially drilled on everyone for 2 or 3 solid hours. That little motto makes it seem like a joke instead of the serious issue that it is

roopi
08-30-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
No I support the cause and agree with it but 'Vote or DIE'? What kind of stupid slogan is that? Especially drilled on everyone for 2 or 3 solid hours. That little motto makes it seem like a joke instead of the serious issue that it is

Wasn't it only 1 group with the 'Vote or DIE' slogan on their shirts?

Dirty_SOHC
08-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I was disgusted at the volume the pushed the propeganda. I wouldnt mind if the mentioned it a few time, but it was overwhelming. In the end, I think that it ruined the whole show.:thumbsdow

Kid_a
08-30-2004, 10:18 AM
(off topic) Mel do you have those quotes yet? I'm pretty excited :P

(back on topic)
Yes, as I said, it was a little persisant, and the Vote or Die! this was kinda ridiculous, but it totally didn't "ruin the entire show" for me. (What ruined the entire show was bands like Linkin Park, Yellowcard, etc winning awards, but I guess that's expected during an MTV production :P)

googe
08-30-2004, 10:53 AM
the less uninformed people voting, the better.

hjr
08-30-2004, 10:55 AM
i dont see anything wrong with "propogating" young people into voting. the slogan "vote or die" was picked because it is cool to younger folks. if they then think voting is cool, then whammo, they vote and P,Diddy did his job well.

Now was teh show very partisan? cause that is not legitimate in my eyes.

Khyron
08-30-2004, 11:28 AM
I thought it was a reference to that "Skate or Die" video game. :D

Khyron

three.eighteen.
08-30-2004, 12:39 PM
it's too trendy to push the political thing, there are so many ani-bush songs and shit now, its just something else for artists to write about

btw anyone see that little weenie guy from yellowcard crying cus he won an mtv award? lol

ChadL
08-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Haha, i think it was just the right thing to say to the american youth. They need to get off their arses and elect a new pres... if they dont vote, bush will win.. and we will ALL DIE.

Def_3
08-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by ChadL
Haha, i think it was just the right thing to say to the american youth. They need to get off their arses and elect a new pres... if they dont vote, bush will win.. and we will ALL DIE.

:thumbsup:

CKY
08-30-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Kid_a
(off topic) Mel do you have those quotes yet? I'm pretty excited :P

(back on topic)
Yes, as I said, it was a little persisant, and the Vote or Die! this was kinda ridiculous, but it totally didn't "ruin the entire show" for me. (What ruined the entire show was bands like Linkin Park, Yellowcard, etc winning awards, but I guess that's expected during an MTV production :P)

hey hey watch your mouth buddy, linkin park is good. you can stomp on yellowcard all you want, just keep LP outta this

Toms-SC
08-30-2004, 05:42 PM
:thumbsdow Then again, both MM and MTV are homosexual

Paul
08-30-2004, 05:54 PM
anyone know when this is getting replayed?

Proyecto2000
08-30-2004, 06:09 PM
aint much music playing it 2 or 3 times a day? lol

wildrice
08-30-2004, 06:16 PM

ya man, don't trash Linkin Park like that
they're cool

Kid_a
08-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by CKY

hey hey watch your mouth buddy, linkin park is good. you can stomp on yellowcard all you want, just keep LP outta this

Originally posted by wildrice

ya man, don't trash Linkin Park like that
they're cool

Disagree, Linkin Park is, IMO, the second worst band in the world right now, behind Good Charlotte.

Toms-SC
08-31-2004, 07:52 PM
URG! You like NickleBack? SICK-O!

Disagree, Linkin Park is, IMO, the second worst band in the world right now, behind Good Charlotte.

three.eighteen.
08-31-2004, 08:27 PM
linkin park is friggin weak sauce

lam-boy
08-31-2004, 08:29 PM
Thursday on much at like 6 or something.

nothing wrong with linkin park and yellowcard you mofos!

hjr
09-01-2004, 12:43 AM
lets just say, almost everything MM and MTV plays is complete flamming crap. The little bit that is good is personal preference to the individual person...

PH1PH1
09-01-2004, 12:47 AM
i missed it .. :thumbsdow but heard it was real good :dunno:

Kid_a
09-01-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Toms-SC
URG! You like NickleBack? SICK-O!

What are you talking about?

Xpnsve
09-01-2004, 09:03 AM
Vote or Die is just old people trying to be cool

sputnik
09-01-2004, 09:15 AM
I laughed pretty hard watching the Kerry sisters get booed.

hyperwhite
09-02-2004, 01:45 PM
i just caught the rerun of the rerun of the rerun last night. that how was the biggest joke i have ever seen. basically everyone who agreed to perform won an award. it' kind of easy to tell who would win when only 1 out of 5 nominees were at the show. and all that vote or die shit was just stupid. i don't think that half the audience was even old enough to vote. MTV = teh suck :thumbsdow

09-02-2004, 06:47 PM
I think its a good slogan, america needs more votes so its cant be close enough for bush to cheat again!:poosie: IMO

Where eles are they going to get the point across?

Kid_a
09-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by hyperwhite
i just caught the rerun of the rerun of the rerun last night. that how was the biggest joke i have ever seen. basically everyone who agreed to perform won an award. it' kind of easy to tell who would win when only 1 out of 5 nominees were at the show. and all that vote or die shit was just stupid. i don't think that half the audience was even old enough to vote. MTV = teh suck :thumbsdow

Were you expecting more from such a prestigious company/channel?

Zephyr
09-06-2004, 02:57 PM
i think vote or die was started by p.diddy its rather a DUMB slogan but its working though.. i agree with it just needs a revision on the slogan..

dont bash linkin park in this too