interior

RickDaTuner
11-12-2002, 01:47 AM
yup got my deposite down at the dealer
expected price is gonna be about 40,000
looks like im leasing for a while

3S-GTE
11-12-2002, 01:47 AM
Actually my Boss is dreaming about the STI. Since we have a wrx delivery car He deside not to go skyline anymo... So his ready to get one and he want it in heavy Pearl White so i guess his gonna have that painted :) But too rich for my blood

SilverRex
11-12-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

are you serious? STI cost around 40k? I'll seriously consider it if thats the case.. but it seems to be more reasonable around 45-50k... thus my options are wide open..

always wanted a bmw m3 which is out of reach for my budget. so I nailed down to a nissan 350z, infiniti g35 coupe, mazda rx8 or even the new IS 430 depending how much it cost..

RickDaTuner
11-12-2002, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by SilverRex

are you serious? STI cost around 40k? I'll seriously consider it if thats the case.. but it seems to be more reasonable around 45-50k... thus my options are wide open..

always wanted a bmw m3 which is out of reach for my budget. so I nailed down to a nissan 350z, infiniti g35 coupe, mazda rx8 or even the new IS 430 depending how much it cost..
well the cars sales guy told me he really didnt know about it to much but he was telling me 40gs just to keep me hooked IMO i beailve that its gonna be 45-50 too, i think if it goes over 50 ill be getting the IS 300 coupe, or a 350z

SilverRex
11-12-2002, 02:03 AM
how bout the EVO? is that going to even come to Canada? we all know its coming to the states.. dam it.. would be nice to check it out up here.. kuz I know mitsubishi is giving wrx a run of its own money.. the price will be very competitive.. if u kan afford a wrx then should not be a problem for an EVO...

:drool:

RickDaTuner
11-12-2002, 02:06 AM
i was reading other peoples post on another board and they were saying soemthing along the lines of the FMIC wont pass 10kph crash tests,
and Mitsu not wanting to go TMIC like subie just for the canadain market
so it looks like no go for us

either way since they let the lancer here now i would just buy a evo in the states and have it registered here as a lancer

SilverRex
11-12-2002, 02:11 AM
i was reading other peoples post on another board and they were saying soemthing along the lines of the FMIC wont pass 10kph crash tests,

either way since they let the lancer here now i would just buy a evo in the states and have it registered here as a lancer

ya so it is possible to buy it in the states and bring it up here? that would be awesome.. time to visit seattle more often now.. lol so many choices outthere.. what to get..

eur0
11-12-2002, 02:14 AM
what about the "yes but theres no way in hell I could afford it" option :D

max_boost
11-12-2002, 02:17 AM
I don't like the look of the STI

I prefer the current WRX with the factory bodykit:love:

SilverRex
11-12-2002, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I don't like the look of the STI

I prefer the current WRX with the factory bodykit:love:

I agree especially when ones install the STI JDM headlights.. thats why im not planning to trade or sell my current car. just going to sell or give it to my bro.. so I'll always have it in the garage..:clap:

RickDaTuner
11-12-2002, 02:21 AM

I agree especially when ones install the STI JDM headlights.. thats why im not planning to trade or sell my current car. just going to sell or give it to my bro.. so I'll always have it in the garage..:clap:
give it your bro ......
forget him give it to me lol

5.9 R/T
11-12-2002, 02:35 AM
Not to sure about the new look. I'm kinda partial to the 'bug eyed' headlights. It looks more like a boy racer car now IMO.

Fuji
11-12-2002, 03:21 AM

You are right... it is gonna be closer to 45-50K not 40.... That's what the dealer says, but the price is definitely gonna be higher. Supply and Demand...

G
11-12-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Fuji

You are right... it is gonna be closer to 45-50K not 40.... That's what the dealer says, but the price is definitely gonna be higher. Supply and Demand...

I was at Centaur the other day and Herburt told me it was going to be NO LESS than 50K

infamous
11-12-2002, 09:54 AM
i chose the "yes, i'm saving up as we speak" option...but it's going to take me quite a few years to have a car that nice....:D

CLiVE
11-12-2002, 10:13 AM
I'm considering it as a 2nd car...may just get the WRX though.

actually as a 3rd car....and I would garage the stealth most of the time.

Ben
11-12-2002, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Not to sure about the new look. I'm kinda partial to the 'bug eyed' headlights. It looks more like a boy racer car now IMO.

word, front end is too rounded, gives it IMO the Neon look, NO THANKYOU!

Hipermax_d
11-12-2002, 11:51 AM
when i went to the dealers when i went to see the wrx it was around 45k
im pretty sure the sti will be more expensive then that

CLiVE
11-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Hipermax_d
when i went to the dealers when i went to see the wrx it was around 45k
im pretty sure the sti will be more expensive then that

They told me 39k for the WRX to drive it off the lot....

CRXguy
11-12-2002, 01:37 PM
For $50g's, I'd rather buy an IS300 or 3-series.

turboMiata
11-12-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Fuji

Might as well buy an S4 for that price!

Ferio_vti
11-12-2002, 02:28 PM
I thought that NA wasn't getting that model, only in Europe/Asia.

CRXguy
11-12-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by turboMiata

Might as well buy an S4 for that price!

You already have it, so it's all good for you!:D :thumbsup:

spyguy
11-12-2002, 05:46 PM

try 49,995...theres no possible way that they would be 40k...what dealer told you this?

spyguy
11-12-2002, 05:48 PM

I doubt the lancer will come here either....we can't even get the turbo neon let alone the evo...:rolleyes:

spyguy
11-12-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
For $50g's, I'd rather buy an IS300 or 3-series.

you and me both!

4wheeldrift
11-12-2002, 08:25 PM
If, AND ONLY IF we get the STi complete with brembo brakes, 6 speed tranny, front and rear limited slip diffs, semi-closed deck block and all the other goodies. If I'm getting a WRX with 40 extra horse, subaru isn't seeing another dime of my money :guns:

4wheeldrift
11-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by spyguy

try 49,995...theres no possible way that they would be 40k...what dealer told you this?
The lancer evo is coming...to the states only, and minus all the stuff that makes the car worth driving. Whats the point? :bullshit: Mitsu, pull your head out of your butt and at least offer the car with all the gizmos that attracted the SERIOUS enthusiasts to the car in the first place.

Chu
11-12-2002, 08:34 PM
I would buy a bmw or audi at that price. But if you want a car that would be compared to a porsche 911 C4 or turbo buy the STI

Tuner1
11-12-2002, 08:43 PM
It all comes down to $$$$. My guess for the car is ~$48,900 MSRP. At that price I'll keep driving my BMW. If the car was cheap I'd buy one to test it out.

Rob

SilverRex
11-13-2002, 01:33 AM
welp my take on this is that, I know for a fact the EVO will be in direct compeition to the wrx and im talking 3-5k difference max.. as they are trying to bite into the wrx sales.. so in that mind set.. subaru will release the STI to kounter the EVO.. again another 3-5K difference I figure.. so if u do the math.. I got my wrx around 35k say no extra added options.. the STI should be around 6-10K more.. around 41-50k which is reasonable.. if its the low end I would drool.. so much kuz its a possibility instead of a dream..:drool:

GTS Jeff
11-13-2002, 01:44 AM
the only reason subaru gets away with their styling (or lack thereof) is cuz they have the performance. i mean seriously, this new wrx looks a lot like the old corollas! even the headlights are the same now!!

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/155514.jpg
and here is a corolla headlight which also has the same circle thing as the new wrx

http://store3.yimg.com/I/dpstore_1707_52061685
thats a big :thumbsdow

turboMiata
11-13-2002, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

You already have it, so it's all good for you!:D :thumbsup:

haha!! But I like the WRX too.

SilverRex
11-14-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by turboMiata

haha!! But I like the WRX too.

ya at first you would think the bug eye wrx right now has all the negative feedback but it seems like people actually like the bug eye wrx over the new facelifted onw.. correct?:thumbsup:

lammer
11-14-2002, 12:55 AM
well realistically, i would get a Lexus IS300 for cheaper than that.
but if the price is a good deal i'll prolly try to jump on the WRX.

Mikko
11-14-2002, 03:34 AM
I like both the old impreza and the current one. Peter Stevens (Who desigend the McLaren F1) designed the rear (big) spoiler and the front spoiler on the old Imprezas. As for the bug eyes, I thought they looked original and different - not very ricy or anything like that, and I like them a whole lot.

This new one does look a lot like that corolla! Blech..

4wheeldrift
11-14-2002, 07:41 AM

ya at first you would think the bug eye wrx right now has all the negative feedback but it seems like people actually like the bug eye wrx over the new facelifted onw.. correct?:thumbsup:

I think it just took time for the look to grow on people. I wasn't wild about it at first either, but over time I came to like it. The problem is, we're not getting the face lift because no one here doesn't like the look, its because everywhere else the cars aren't selling. They're hoping the facelift will start making the cars disappear from the lots elsewhere in the world.

SilverRex
11-14-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift

I think it just took time for the look to grow on people. I wasn't wild about it at first either, but over time I came to like it. The problem is, we're not getting the face lift because no one here doesn't like the look, its because everywhere else the cars aren't selling. They're hoping the facelift will start making the cars disappear from the lots elsewhere in the world.

your right, that was the reason behind the facelift.. however, I doubt that north america will have the bug eye wrx/sti for the next 5 years. All it is , is that north america is a year or 2 behind.. so I say 2004 they will come over.. much more cost effective to have just one design then it is to keep two kinds of mold, double the parts, if u know what I mean..

:dunno:

Mikko
11-15-2002, 05:58 AM
Remember that the WRC car is going to change into the new look next year, and Subaru is heavily relying on the image of WRC to sell it's cars.

SilverRex
11-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Mikko
Remember that the WRC car is going to change into the new look next year, and Subaru is heavily relying on the image of WRC to sell it's cars.

ya sweet that means itll come over sooner or later.. wop :thumbsup: