PDA

View Full Version : PB Blaster.. anyone hear of it? Where can you find it locally?

Seanith
08-30-2004, 11:49 PM
Hey guys, i've heard that this product is the shit when it comes to taking out seized/frozen bolts from dudes in the states.. does anyone sell it locally? Has anyone used it? I have a task to use it on :(

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/images/blaster/8pb_3X.jpg

DSM Power
08-31-2004, 08:06 PM
Not that I've seen... had to have some brought back from da states. It works pretty good I guess.

CLiVE
08-31-2004, 08:45 PM
It isn't that bad. I still have a can from the U.S. (same order as above ^^^^) I have some better stuff. ...:thumbsup:

Seanith
09-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by CLiVE
I have some better stuff. ...:thumbsup:

Care to share with me what the better stuff is? :D

Sounds like you can only get PB blaster in the states though.. :(

CLiVE
09-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~

Care to share with me what the better stuff is? :D
:(

PEN Fluid 2000 (penetrating fluid) made my a company in Calgary. PM me for address, etc. They mainly sell to industrial...

or you can try the wax trick.....
For very stubborn bolts. Heat the bolt with a torch - a propane torch will work on small bolts. Once the bolt is hot - just starting to glow red in really stubborn situations - then touch the threads with paraffin wax, with the bolt situated so that the wax runs down into the mating threads. Then remove the bolt. This almost always works.

Seanith
09-02-2004, 06:02 PM
would that method work with lca bolts? i don't know if it would run down like that.. how much is that pen 2000 fluid? i won't bother if it comes in like a 4L jug lol

Weapon_R
09-02-2004, 06:48 PM
I put liters of liquid wrench on my rear LCAs, and they wouldn't come off. We broke them trying to remove them, and ended up drilling them out. It's a bitch, but after 10 years, those suckers are on really good.

CLiVE
09-02-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
would that method work with lca bolts? i don't know if it would run down like that.. how much is that pen 2000 fluid? i won't bother if it comes in like a 4L jug lol

It comes in spray cans as well. Just under $10/can.

Seanith
09-02-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by CLiVE

It comes in spray cans as well. Just under $10/can.

check pm :thumbsup:

Seanith
09-02-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I put liters of liquid wrench on my rear LCAs, and they wouldn't come off. We broke them trying to remove them, and ended up drilling them out. It's a bitch, but after 10 years, those suckers are on really good.

When you drilled out your bolt, were you able to still use the same lca/lca bushing? Did you start with a small bit then gradually move up until there was nothing left of the other bolt that was stuck?