PDA

View Full Version : UC Hockey Leagues (Team sign up)

Team_Mclaren
09-01-2004, 01:42 PM
Me and a few friends are making a team for the League. dont know which level we're gonna join yet, either Competitive/Recreational .. If your an indiviual whos or a few friends interested in playing on a team plz let me know, we're looking for some players also.

"Team Beyond" :D

UPDATE:

*** TEAM WILL BE COMPETITIVE - A (CONTACT)
*** We found out that you DO NOT need to be a UC student to join. But if all the players on the roster are UC students OR CR members then the price will drop down to 480.00 per team. Even one non-student/member on there the cost will stay as 560, so even if your NOT an UC student, you can still sigh up, but if u can join as a member of CR then that would be even better. (i dont know how much membership would cost...)***

*** 560.00 a TEAM! Depends on how many people are on the team, we will spread the cost evenly, So if u cant come to all the games then its your lost... any problems plz see me!***

edited: link--
http://www.kin.ucalgary.ca/campusrec/Intramurals/productList.aspx?id=040I20&title=Hockey

Each team will be scheduled for 7 regular season games and playoffs should you qualify. Standings for the league are kept and updated on esportsdesk.com, schedules are available online and from league supervisors. Officials are provided and first aid services are available. All games are played in the Olympic Oval South Ice.
Your team roster needs to be inputted online prior to the participant clinic. Due to ice availability hockey limits will not be increased.

There is no on-line registration all registration is by phone (403) 220-4413 or in person at Campus Recreation KNA 101.

Registration begins September 7 for CR members and students at 8:30am. Non-member registration begins September 8 at 8:30am. Space is limited. There is only one registration for non-contact teams, please identify your teams skill level as A, B and C.

Intramural Sports is proudly supported by Molson, PowerBar, Gatorade and the Den.

For more information, contact the Program Coordinator call the Intramural Sports office at 220-3778 or Campus Recreation at 220-7241.

Day Start Time End Time Start Date End Date Location
MTWRSU 19:30 24:00 Sept 11,2004 Dec 9,2004 Olympic Oval South

any more questions plz post, and sign up ASAP! We need full roaster by next week!

if you're interested plz pm me your:

- name
- contact number
- UC student/ CR members or no
- skill level

thx

Weapon_R
09-01-2004, 01:50 PM
What type of skill level?

Team_Mclaren
09-01-2004, 01:52 PM
i think we'll most likely join the recreational B level.. (non-contact), but dont know yet, depends on what our team is like

civicrider
09-01-2004, 02:09 PM
how often do you play?

Team_Mclaren
09-01-2004, 02:15 PM
sorry i forgot the link...
its 7 games + playoffs

02bump'nWRX
09-01-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey man i'd be in drop me a pm witht the details

Thanks

Skyline_Addict
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
Me and a few friends are making a team for the League. dont know which level we're gonna join yet, either Competitive/Recreational .. If your an indiviual whos or a few friends interested in playing on a team plz let me know, we're looking for some players also.

note: I dont know if this is only for UC students... cause we're going in as a team... but if anyone know plz fill us in!

"Team Beyond" :D

edited: link--
http://www.kin.ucalgary.ca/campusrec/Intramurals/productList.aspx?id=040I20&title=Hockey

I think it'd be easier if we joined Rec B or A.
I'm guessing for the competitive league, you'll need full equipment...not sure if everyone has/is willing to get that just for this league.

If it's like soccer, this should be open to non-UC students...they just have to pay extra to sign up.

sexualbanana
09-01-2004, 03:30 PM
I think it's full equipment anyways. But I recommend Non-contact C.

Skyline_Addict
09-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I think it's full equipment anyways. But I recommend Non-contact C.

really? damn...

shtock99
09-01-2004, 09:43 PM
if u dont have 2 be part of uc i will play...and do u kno if the games r at night or during the day??

ryder_23
09-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

really? damn...

If its anything like the mt royal one. Its non contact (unless ur in contact group), full face mask (insurance liability), gloves, skates, hockey pants, leg guards, cup/can/atheltic support (not sure terms now a days)....and maybe neck guard. All upper is usually optional, but if ur small like me, and you will get hit, even tho its not contact, i recommend shoulder pads, if not atleast elbow pads.

But forsure i know bottom parts are a requirement...once again, atleast at mt royal.

Vince, if non uc students can join, consider me signd up :thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
09-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by shtock99
if u dont have 2 be part of uc i will play...and do u kno if the games r at night or during the day??

they'd be in the evening time, to avoid time conflicts with regular academic schedules.

Skyline_Addict
09-02-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ryder_23

If its anything like the mt royal one. Its non contact (unless ur in contact group), full face mask (insurance liability), gloves, skates, hockey pants, leg guards, cup/can/atheltic support (not sure terms now a days)....and maybe neck guard. All upper is usually optional, but if ur small like me, and you will get hit, even tho its not contact, i recommend shoulder pads, if not atleast elbow pads.

But forsure i know bottom parts are a requirement...once again, atleast at mt royal.

Vince, if non uc students can join, consider me signd up :thumbsup:

hmmm yeah, I read that full face mask is necessary...
damn, that is really lame!

Mr_John
09-02-2004, 11:18 AM
id play depending on league and depending on if i'm allowed to play (mt royal student)

bruce_eli
09-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Yea I'll play also. I played competitive hockey last year as a goalie but I wanna play out but I not to shabby at that either so I am up for anything.

shtock99
09-02-2004, 11:31 AM
i will play just let me know the details and if there is a cost for non uc students

RedBull
09-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Provided the game times fit my schedule I guess I'll be dragging out all my old hockey gear! Count me in vince:thumbsup:

ryder_23
09-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

hmmm yeah, I read that full face mask is necessary...
damn, that is really lame!

Well its just a huge liability issue. They cant afford to have a lawsuit on there hands. Cause when you play rec hockey, and ur over 18, it doesnt matter if you have a face mask. But its fairly intense hockey, i mean, i wouldnt want a slap shot to the face. All it takes is a deflection, and you end up like stevey Y. And since i'm not in the nhl, i'd like to keep my eyes for a bit :D

BTW: Mr john. Mt royal has its own league. And from the sounds of it, its bigger than the u of c one. More games, etc. Competition isnt very stiff tho. Last year my friends team won every game, and everyone except for the last one, the scores were 13-1 (i think most let in was 3)...But its fun hockey

ShOwOfF
09-02-2004, 10:37 PM
I'll play if its the competitive league

Team_Mclaren
09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF
I'll play if its the competitive league

bastard!! you're too good for us! or what! j/k

----------------------------------------------------------------

anyway, i think we'll mostly be joining the competitive A or B non-contact league, if you're interested plz pm me

- name
- contact number
- UC student or no
- skill level

thx

sexualbanana
09-02-2004, 11:30 PM
If you're gonna play competitive A or B, than count me out.

Team_Mclaren
09-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
If you're gonna play competitive A or B, than count me out.

why? which one do u want? contact?

shtock99
09-03-2004, 03:31 PM
so is competitive contact or no

Skyline_Addict
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM
i don't mind what skill level we play, but non contact most prefferably.....
I think we should play in in the division where it won't be a walk in the park to win (e.g winning 15-0 every game). i know that a few of us playing are quite good. but if it's contact, that's a different story, especially for me.
I'm only 5"10, 153 lbs. hehe.

02bump'nWRX
09-03-2004, 10:02 PM
I think non contact would be best. Just that the only contact league is one tier and only open to 7 teams. Therfor i imagine that will be alot of good players. But non contact A or B would be fun i think.

Team_Mclaren
09-03-2004, 11:30 PM
UPDATED, PLZ CHECK FIRST POST~

Team_Mclaren
09-04-2004, 12:53 AM
5 spots left!!!!

Skyline_Addict
09-04-2004, 02:06 AM
how many people are you planning to get altogether?
i think we should get around 12-13

Team_Mclaren
09-04-2004, 11:15 AM
11 + goalie or around there

ShOwOfF
09-04-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey Vince,

Put me tentatively down.

-James
-Pm me
-Yes
-never played before

Team_Mclaren
09-04-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by ShOwOfF
Hey Vince,

Put me tentatively down.

-James
-Pm me
-Yes
-never played before

sweeet!! lol we're gonna win now bitach!

PS: i still have your number, i'll call u when we get everthing going

Team_Mclaren
09-05-2004, 10:57 PM
me, skyling_addict, ryder_23 + 1, 02bump'nWRX, ShOwOfF, bruce_eli, tenzolude

=== 8

3 more spots

ShOwOfF
09-06-2004, 12:07 AM
i have a friend who will likely play. I'll get his info for you tomorrow.

Team_Mclaren
09-07-2004, 03:46 PM
i may have 1 or 2 more spots left, its now CONTACT!! case when i called.. ( 15 mins after registration started, everything else was full):D

NOTE: From the look of it, we have a kickass team!!! cept for me, lol, i'll be the only reason if we dont make the playoffs..... :angel:

our team name of course :

BEYOND!:bigpimp:

ryder_23
09-07-2004, 03:52 PM
15minutes later?

why couldnt you have calld 15minutes earlier? pfft...thats what we get for puttin vince in charge :poosie: jk man, i appreciate all this, and if it means gettin my lanky ass knockd out, so be it, thats why we have tylenol :thumbsup:

dammit, but this means i need to get actual equipment now :banghead:

ShOwOfF
09-09-2004, 11:36 PM
when does this start?

groundpilot
09-12-2004, 02:07 AM
Am I too late???

Skyline_Addict
09-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by groundpilot
Am I too late???

no you're not, PM Team_Mclaren for details.

awd
09-18-2004, 11:11 AM
Try getting these guys to put an article up for you:

www.dinoshockey.com