PDA

View Full Version : Alex Zanardi in action

4wheeldrift
06-12-2002, 09:36 PM
For all you open wheel fans, here's some videos of Alex Zanardi in action (including the famous pass in the corkscrew at laguna seca back in '96).

http://digilander.iol.it/alexzanardifan/Pictures/P_videos.htm

gpomp
06-12-2002, 11:14 PM
Isn't he the guy that went from IRL to F1 then back to IRL because he wansn't good enough?

mwmhong
06-12-2002, 11:21 PM
That is cool stuff!

Zanardi was the ONLY reason I watched CART back in the day, just damn exciting to watch! :clap: :burnout:

bol
06-12-2002, 11:41 PM
Yeah

it was a brutal crash.

redline
06-13-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Isn't he the guy that went from IRL to F1 then back to IRL because he wansn't good enough?

not quite he was in F1 sucked ass and then CART champ two years in row and then back to F1 sucked some more ass and went back to CART and sucked ass.

gpomp
06-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Oh right, it was CART... but I'm too young to remember this stuff anyways.

Big_Six_Boy
06-14-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by redline

not quite he was in F1 sucked ass and then CART champ two years in row and then back to F1 sucked some more ass and went back to CART and sucked ass.

Hahahahah!!! :rofl:
WERD!!! I'm glad there are other race fans on this site. I thought most of you were all drag-racing, F&F types!

Remember Michael Andretti in F1!! Bwahahahaa! :rofl:

Big_Six_Boy
06-14-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by mwmhong
That is cool stuff!

Zanardi was the ONLY reason I watched CART back in the day, just damn exciting to watch! :clap: :burnout:

I really watched CART for Greg Moore. I used to head to Van every summer to watch CART there LIVE. But after Greg Moore died, I've not seen a full CART race.
I watched F1 for Ayrton Senna, but after he died, things have been kinda boring. Now I cheer for such underdogs as Jacques Villeneuve (to finish a race), David Coulthard, etc... :clap:
:burnout: :cool: :burnout:

gpomp
06-15-2002, 01:25 AM
What about Montoya??

4wheeldrift
06-15-2002, 07:38 AM
If montoya's car ever holds together he might actually be able to win a race maybe...if michael schumacher drops dead or some other similar fate befalls him.

T5_X
06-15-2002, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by Big_Six_Boy

I really watched CART for Greg Moore. I used to head to Van every summer to watch CART there LIVE. But after Greg Moore died, I've not seen a full CART race.
I watched F1 for Ayrton Senna, but after he died, things have been kinda boring. Now I cheer for such underdogs as Jacques Villeneuve (to finish a race), David Coulthard, etc... :clap:
:burnout: :cool: :burnout:

Greg Moore's Brother and Sister went to my high school. It was a huge deal there when that crash happened. Damn shame, he was fucking awesome! I only race as him on "flag to flag" for dreamcast. :thumbsup:

Big_Six_Boy
06-16-2002, 03:48 PM
WERD!!! Me too!!! I used to play Flag-to-Flag all the time! Great game... no GT3, tho.. :D

4wheeldrift,
I hear yea man.. I truely believe that Schumacher has a big-f*cking horseshoe up his ass. Also, it helps that he has voodoo dolls of his competition in his car! I'm sure he was poking at his "Montoya voodoo doll" on the final 15 laps when he was being caught. Poke the doll, then *POOF*... Montoya's engine dies. Happens every time... works on pit-stops too! :banghead:

:guns: Schumacher:nut:

4wheeldrift
06-16-2002, 03:56 PM
There's no denying that schumacher is a fantastic driver, but I mean you'd think there would be someone out there who can give him a bit of competition. Its almost getting to the point where they should just give him the trophy at the begining and save the trouble of actually putting on the race at all.