PDA

View Full Version : beating speeding tickets.

markymark
09-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Hey i was at a party the other day and i was talking to someone about how i didnt have to pay a speeding ticket cause i am a minor and the cop checked off adult on the ticket.
The guy told me that all you have to do really to beat a ticket (mostly to prevent demerits) is to mail them the check to the address it provides but mail them a dollar more than you have to pay...then they have to mail a check for that dollar back to you. They wont cash your check untill you have cashed the dollar check...so if you dont cash it they wont and the file isnt closed, hence no demerits taken off and ur insurance company wont know because its not on your record.
Anybody know if this is true or is just dunken bullshit?

civicluva
09-01-2004, 10:00 PM
probably bull our society isn't that bad.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
09-01-2004, 10:02 PM
any error on the ticket could be fought in court.
But the $1 over payment thing is a drunken load of bs

markymark
09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
ya i was pretty sure it is bullshit
lol i wish it was true though...

wildrice
09-01-2004, 10:03 PM
ya

:bullshit:

Ben
09-02-2004, 03:24 AM
The Adult thing wont scrap the ticket in most cases...it has to be an error on the vital info, like your name. Even address wont throw it out under most cases. the cop has up to 6 months to reissue a ticket, so thats all he would do.

Xtrema
09-02-2004, 07:10 AM
Bull. It's all internet rumors.

Just go talk to DA to get the charge reduce and pay the damn thing. Then watch your speed from now on.

D'z Nutz
09-02-2004, 12:11 PM
Giving them that extra dollar is like tipping them to give you demerits. It won't work and that's a fact.

B17a
09-02-2004, 12:21 PM
That's an old time urban legend. But if you send me your fine payment I will take care of things for you!

7thgenvic
09-02-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by B17a
That's an old time urban legend. But if you send me your fine payment I will take care of things for you!

hahahahahah whats really funny is that its prolly your best bet! just go downtown and say blahhh blahhh im a student i can't afford insurance blahhh blahhh, no demerits daaa ddaaa you pay your ticket and thats it!

JONNY

chibi_chas
09-02-2004, 04:53 PM
if hes a minor and he cop checked it as an adult shouldnt the ticket have been thrown out ?

Speed_Dreams
09-02-2004, 05:59 PM
if the $1 over thing is true and they don't close your file when you go to renew your licence you will have an unpaind ticket and you will have to pay the late fees