PDA

View Full Version : SRS street racing syndicate

GT2NV
09-02-2004, 02:31 PM
came out yesterday they have full cities you can drive around in, just cruise or race cars on the street, spoilers and stuff create drag, dynos show you how much each mod benefits your car, you have to learn all the diffrent tecniques too drifting... so its actually somewhat realistic, i think thats what they were aiming for unlike underground, anyways looks like a sick game gonna pick it up this week
Car List

1.Mitsubishi Eclipse RS
2.Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (02)
3.Mitsubishi Eclipse GT (04)
4.Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T
5.Mitsubishi Eclipse GT-S
6.Mitsubishi Evo VIII
7.Mitsubishi Evo VII GSR
8.Toyota Trueno Sprinter Apex Twin Cam 16
9.Toyota Celica GT (02)
10.Toyota Celica GT (04
11.Toyota Celica GT Action Package
12.Toyota Celica GT-S (04)
13.Toyota Celica GT-S Action Package
14.Toyota MR-S (04)
15.Toyota MR-S (02)
16.Toyota Supra 3.0L SZ-R
17.Toyota Supra 3.0L AE
18.Toyota Supra 3.0L Targa AE
19.Toyota Supra 3.0L R-Z
20.Toyota Supra 3.0L TT AE
21.Volkswagen Golf GTI 1.8T
22.Volkswagen Golf GTI VR6
23.Volkswagen Jetta GLS 1.8T
24.Volkswagen Jetta GLS 2.0L
25.Volkswagen Jetta GLS 2.8L
26.Subaru Impreza WRX
27.Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
28.Subaru Impreza STI
29.Subaru Impreza S202 STI
30.Lexus IS300 5-Speed
31.Lexus IS300 5-Speed SE
32.Mazda RX-7 R1
33.Mazda RX-7 Spirit B
34.Mazda RX-7 Spirit A
35.Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst
36.Mazda RX-8
37.Mazda RX-8 MazdaSpeed
38.Nissan 350Z Coupe Enthusiast
39.Nissan 350Z Coupe
40.Nissan 350Z Coupe Performance
41.Nissan 350Z Coupe Touring
42.Nissan 350Z Coupe Track
43.Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R
44.Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec
45.Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec II
46.Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R M-Spec
47.Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec Nur
48.Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R M-Spec Nur

Tuning

Engine Tuning:

Cam Gears
Air Intake
Pulleys
Headers
Intake Manifold

Exhaust

Turbo:

Intercooler
Turbocharger

Electronics:

Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
More I just don't know yet

Brakes

Tires

Suspension

Weight

N2O

Exterior: Rims, Hood, Spoiler, Bodykit, Neons, Vinyls, Decals, trunk

Damage

Dyno

Race Types:

Crew Meet
Respect Challenge
Street/Sprint Challenge
Cruise Zones
Roll-up races
Drag
Drift
Checkpoint
Circuit
Iron Man

and you can pick up girls lol:bigpimp:

link to the trailer
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/streetracingsyndicate/:burnout:

IntegraG2
09-02-2004, 03:16 PM
is this game out already????

Akagi Redsuns
09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Yep, it's out.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/233106.asp

Review here....

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/542/542917p1.html?fromint=1

Might be worth a rental.

cityhunter2501
09-02-2004, 06:00 PM
its out? :o
didnt know that... hows the physics of the game? like GT3?

Idratherbsidewayz
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
No 240's...

Scratched off my list.

iceburns288
09-02-2004, 07:05 PM
I played the demo for PC and the handling is terrible though the cars are cool. The game sounds stupid to me, but the dyno sheet thing is one feature I've wanted most in games. And now gay huge spoilers actually have a performance penalty! SCORE!:D

phat97yukon
09-02-2004, 07:30 PM
:drool: need me a PS2...

sexualbanana
09-02-2004, 07:31 PM
I bought it yesterday. It's not a bad game. Except there's no HONDA!! How could they make a game for ricers without any Honda cars??

wildrice
09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
is this game only on ps2?

saiyajin
09-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I bought it yesterday. It's not a bad game. Except there's no HONDA!! How could they make a game for ricers without any Honda cars??

well nowadays when they make ricer games they throw in a skyline and everybodys like ooooo-ahhhh so it makes up for no hondas haha

cityhunter2501
09-02-2004, 07:46 PM
checked some review, doesnt sound too good.

guess its Gran Turismo 3 for me until Gran Turismo 4 shows up :(

Akagi Redsuns
09-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Honda as a company is too scared to be associated with "street racer" games, especially a game that involves car damage and running from the cops.

Ever wonder why Honda isn't in Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 and NFSU ?

Dope Dealer
09-02-2004, 10:44 PM
Heard it sucks. Graphics kind of look cool though.

GT2NV
09-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

Honda as a company is too scared to be associated with "street racer" games, especially a game that involves car damage and running from the cops.

WTF you talking about lol its in underground ie s2000 civic and integra type r
they just dont want there vehicals defaced, thats why when they introduced damage they had to drop honda

GT2NV
09-03-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Dope Dealer
Heard it sucks. Graphics kind of look cool though.
i heard it kicks ass:dunno:

DreammEr
09-03-2004, 01:16 AM
looks cool :thumbsup:

Akagi Redsuns
09-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by black94gt

WTF you talking about lol its in underground ie s2000 civic and integra type r
they just dont want there vehicals defaced, thats why when they introduced damage they had to drop honda

Oops! You are correct. It's been a while since I played it :) Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 still stands though. When they didn't have rights to use the names, Tokyo Extreme Zero had Hondas galore.

Skyline_Addict
09-07-2004, 02:50 AM
this game sucks!

it's a NFSU wannabe, and that game sucked too!
:thumbsdow

Liquidinc
09-07-2004, 03:09 AM
Its just like Need for speed underground
well it sounds the same but wit a lil more features to it

NickGT
09-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Speaking as someone who bought the game. It does kick ass for an arcade style racer, but does take a bit of getting use to. I'm driving a modded Toyota Celica GT-S Action Package right now after trying to mod an IS300 SE and realising at 600+HP the thing handles like shit.. I think you'll like the game, its good fun and can be played on xbox live. The only thing it lacks is a better car selection imo. :thumbsup:

Akagi Redsuns
09-07-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Liquidinc
Its just like Need for speed underground
well it sounds the same but wit a lil more features to it

Except thier is no dedicated drag racing and no drifting competitions.

Car models seem to be quite "squished" horizotanally to me, reminds me of the badly ported World Rally Championship game that I got it. It was made for the European marker that uses PAL and for some reason all the car models are squished the same way.

In either case it's not a bad game I guess. Physics are a little wierd though, using the RX-7 with any amount of power results in spin outs at every turn, I had to slow right down, take the turn real slow at no throttle and then get back on it again make a corner. Not a good time. I started with the Imprezza 2.5 RS and pretty much killed the competition with it and now switched to the Skyline V-spec Nur. It needs more cars and I can see myself being bored with this game rather quickly. Even online play isn't that great yet, not enough people, and the ones that are on there are only interested in LA Race 4 which is a highway section....*yawn*. Tons of quiters or people that go backwards in efforts to wreck your race......how fun.

awd
09-07-2004, 09:09 AM
released for PC?

EK 2.0
09-07-2004, 10:20 AM
It's not really THAT bad of a game though...I enjoy playing it...its fun to goof around like NFSU versus "serious" racing in the GT Series...

Melinda
09-07-2004, 10:33 AM
My brother rented this game and we played it a bit yesterday. Not too bad, a little different from other games of its kind but they should honestly rename this game to "Fast and the furious". You get "respect" points for things like drifting and stunts/good driving. When you get enough respect points, you can race a checkpoint race to get a girlfriend. And all the 'girlfriends' are import models like francine dee and kaila yu and they each have thier own little dance number that they do while being half nekid.

As I said, not a bad game but not a game I'd get totally hooked on playing.

Superesc
09-07-2004, 10:45 AM
hmm I would wait a little longer before I pick this up... there's 2 more "street racing" games coming... Juiced and NFSU2

Dirty_SOHC
09-07-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Melinda
[B
As I said, not a bad game but not a game I'd get totally hooked on playing. [/B]

I agree, my one and only complaint is that it is very hard to see and navigate in this game.

2jzgte
09-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Yeah i played it a few days ago....i think you can only get one type of Bodykit tho. Didnt it like it alot.

EK 2.0
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC

I agree, my one and only complaint is that it is very hard to see and navigate in this game.

my one complaint...the models ain't NEKKID enuf yo...:poosie:

gpomp
09-07-2004, 04:34 PM
don't like the handling :thumbsdow

wildrice
09-10-2004, 12:38 PM

didn't tokyo extreme racer 2 have honda in it??

Akagi Redsuns
09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by wildrice

didn't tokyo extreme racer 2 have honda in it??

Well.....yes and no. The other Tokyo Extreme Racer series did have Hondas in it, but it wasn't licensed....so it didn't say Honda Civic, itstead it said Type-EK9 and whatnots. Easy enough to know what the cars where without the manufacturer and model names most of the time....provided you knew your chassis and model codes.

Zephyr
09-10-2004, 01:46 PM
wow its that bad? thank god i didnt buy it for xbox...

wildrice
09-11-2004, 03:42 PM
alright, here's my review

i've played it for a couple hours

it's got some ups and downs
pros
-you can dyno your car
-great vinyls(better than NFSU)
-money is actully important unlike NFSU
-real liscensed performance/visual upgrades
-chicks
-NOS tank doesn't auto fill after each race

cons
-doesn't give you a rush like NFSU does
-whether ur going 50mph or 150mph, it still feels like ur going 50 mph sometimes
-really bad background music
-it does have good cars but is also missing other good cars ie.honda's/acura's

Originally posted by Melinda

As I said, not a bad game but not a game I'd get totally hooked on playing.

agreed, i can see myself getting sick of it in a week or two

Akagi Redsuns
09-11-2004, 07:31 PM
It's nice it has a E-dyno, but it's not much use when you can't do any E-tuning.

I am now officially bored of this game. Not enough cars or tracks to keep my interest. Handling is still tough to get used to, I think the Skyline I have is as good as it's going to get :(

Hopefully NFSU2 will not be dissapointing as this game.

eNeRgY
09-11-2004, 07:51 PM
I already passed srs with the skyline and i have all 18 girlfriends but not all the videos.
goods -least amount of rice such as hondas
bads- map doesnt have markers

EK 2.0
09-11-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by eNeRgY

goods -least amount of rice such as hondas

says the guy who drives the Acura...:rolleyes:

fcuk_it
09-12-2004, 02:40 AM
this game sucks... I got bored within 30 min of playing this game...

iceburns288
09-12-2004, 06:39 PM
I played it for like 2hours, it's pretty fun. The problem is I think I would get bored of it (lucky it's a rental) and it might be too easy. I won the first set of races without any nitrous at all and ended up winning 29k after spending 260k, so I earned almost 60k in the first 'level'.

On the second 'series', I bought an RX7 and got it up to 570rwhp with 6-7k. I love the cheapo mods, I can get it to 400+ on less than a thousand dollars lol. Then comes the turbo and whatnot... the cars are actually pretty good looking because the only exterior mods I have are Enkei springs and new wheels...

I bet this game ends too quickly though.:cry:

wildrice
09-12-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
trying to mod an IS300 SE and realising at 600+HP the thing handles like shit..

have u tried getting handling mods like brakes n tires?
at first i was going crazy with hp on my rx-7 and i kept on spinning out on turns, but then after i got some bfgoodrich tires, it was fine

blinkme_210
09-12-2004, 09:56 PM

Oops! You are correct. It's been a while since I played it :) Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 still stands though. When they didn't have rights to use the names, Tokyo Extreme Zero had Hondas galore.

I think the sole reason that Honda isn't in Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 because they didn't like the idea of how you could swap in different engines into their cars. In Auto Modellista it was ok, because you could only swap engines from within Honda, not other manufacturers. While in TXR3, you can swap in Turbo boxer engines, V8's, V10's. V12's, etc. And I guess Honda didn't want to be associated with that.

Gonthro
09-13-2004, 08:26 AM
just got this game, only played a few rounds but it seems like a good game, i just dont like the fact that if you tap the wall you lose big points.

and it does't "feel" like you're goign that fast... feels like you're driving a pinto.

wildrice
09-13-2004, 10:05 AM
^^ i actually think that's a pretty good feature, how when u hit a wall, u lose points

helps you become a better racer
and actually makes you wanna learn to race agressively yet still good

Akagi Redsuns
09-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro
snip........

and it does't "feel" like you're goign that fast... feels like you're driving a pinto.

I felt the same way, but moreso after I rented Burnout3.....holy smokes, the sensation of speed is incredible in that game.

Gonthro
09-13-2004, 11:30 AM

I felt the same way, but moreso after I rented Burnout3.....holy smokes, the sensation of speed is incredible in that game.

i am getting that game today, i cant wait, i hope it lives up to the burnout name, i love the burnout series.

Akagi Redsuns
09-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Gonthro

i am getting that game today, i cant wait, i hope it lives up to the burnout name, i love the burnout series.

If you liked the Burnout 1 and 2....you will absolutley LOVE Burnout 3. It's didn't dissappoint me at all. Everything is better and improved but the spirit of the game is still intact. I love this game. I usually like racing sims, but this is great and fun arcade racer. Brilliant.

Gonthro
09-13-2004, 11:44 AM

If you liked the Burnout 1 and 2....you will absolutley LOVE Burnout 3. It's didn't dissappoint me at all. Everything is better and improved but the spirit of the game is still intact. I love this game. I usually like racing sims, but this is great and fun arcade racer. Brilliant.

yeah, i like the racing soms too but you need a good smashing game once in a while :D

(i LOVE totalled) IMO it takes a LOT more skill and work to create a smashing car game than a racing sim :D