PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk about the Calgary Club Sandwich scene

Redlyne_mr2
09-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Anyone who has ever had a club sandwich knows they totally rule. When i lived out east there was always this pub I went to that had the best Club sandwich ever. Now that im back in Calgary im having trouble finding a good club sandwich. Are there any CS fans out there who can recomend a good place to buy the sandwich? The turkey has to be as close to the real deal as possible. None of that thin cold cut crap. thx guys

ZorroAMG
09-03-2004, 12:08 AM
Actually there is a little coffee shop/diner in the lobby of my dad's office tower on 12th ave and 5th street...Parkside Place, called Parkside Deli. Nice Asian family runs it, great sandwiches REAL turkey...

Giv'er....

Altezza
09-03-2004, 12:17 AM
I haven't had a really good club in Calgary so can't provide much input there. But the best club I've had was in Vancouver at Tomatos. :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
09-03-2004, 01:14 AM
fuck the club sandwich scene in calgary man...buncha racist pricks. everytime i go with my brown and asian friends they give us less meat unless we pay an extra $20 per person at the door. :thumbsdow

im done with clubbing in calgary man, the scene sucks!

ZorroAMG
09-03-2004, 01:15 AM
hahahahaha

Ajay
09-03-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
fuck the club sandwich scene in calgary man...buncha racist pricks. everytime i go with my brown and asian friends they give us less meat unless we pay an extra $20 per person at the door. :thumbsdow

im done with clubbing in calgary man, the scene sucks!

:rofl:

Ben
09-03-2004, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Anyone who has ever had a club sandwich knows they totally rule. When i lived out east there was always this pub I went to that had the best Club sandwich ever. Now that im back in Calgary im having trouble finding a good club sandwich. Are there any CS fans out there who can recomend a good place to buy the sandwich? The turkey has to be as close to the real deal as possible. None of that thin cold cut crap. thx guys

Theres a place called "Rockin Robins"

It's a 50's/60's style diner, but they had fantastic club sandwiches.

Used real hunks of turky, cut from huge turky breasts that they cook inhouse, and your choice of various bread types.

I had them on a weekly basis because I worked accross the street.

GTS Jeff
09-03-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Ben

Theres a place called "Rockin Robins"

It's a 50's/60's style diner, but they had fantastic club sandwiches.

Used real hunks of turky, cut from huge turky breasts that they cook inhouse, and your choice of various bread types.

I had them on a weekly basis because I worked accross the street. yea i huuurd that place had a lebanese owner and they serve lebanese sandwiches, but they still dun let me in when im with a group of lebanese guys. what gives? its racist bullshit man.

u know what else is wack? these "special" non-white club sandwich joints are everywhere. im gonna make a documentary and send it into channel 7! so what if asians start the most fights, it aint our fault. we like our noodles and shiet. there aint no sandwiches in the homeland. fuck the racist club sandwiches.

lam-boy
09-03-2004, 12:10 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

holy fuck haha ahahhahaahahah.

but on topic, i'm gonna go try the place Zorro and Ben suggested.

B17a
09-03-2004, 12:28 PM
:rofl: :rofl: Good ole Jeff!! No comments about white bread brown bread? Dark meat white meat?

There's a sandwich shop on 1st st 8th ave right up from the Falafel King, I can't remember the name though, its about 2 stores south.

atomic
09-03-2004, 12:35 PM
all u guys have no idea . u want a sandwich? i'll set u up right here and now! :D

nacastro's on edmoton trail . it's called the "farrari" . it's made of a million types of their own deli meats and a real nice spicey antipasta . it's amazing!!!!! if ur a real man, u'll order double meat .. i can only finish one double meater on occasion .

Ben
09-03-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
yea i huuurd that place had a lebanese owner and they serve lebanese sandwiches, but they still dun let me in when im with a group of lebanese guys. what gives? its racist bullshit man.

u know what else is wack? these "special" non-white club sandwich joints are everywhere. im gonna make a documentary and send it into channel 7! so what if asians start the most fights, it aint our fault. we like our noodles and shiet. there aint no sandwiches in the homeland. fuck the racist club sandwiches.

STFU Jeff, Or I'll ban you out of spite. You had your first joke, but now it's going way off topic.

legendboy
09-03-2004, 01:17 PM
Martins Coffee Shop
4604 12 Street Northeast, Calgary, AB T2E4R4
291-1322

Famous for their club. Best I've had for sure. Home style club :thumbsup:

I'm sure chowey can vouch for this too :)

GQBalla
09-03-2004, 03:38 PM
dennys club sandwich?? it hits the spot!

max_boost
09-04-2004, 08:32 PM
I love Club Sandwiches...with the Crinkle Cut fries. Yum Yum!

But I agree, there isn't too many places that can make them delish.

Lynds

wildrice
09-04-2004, 08:41 PM
not really a club sandwich, but if ur looking for something good, u should try a sub, at Quiznos's subs.
damn, my first time eating there, i thought the sub was amazing

JAYMEZ
09-05-2004, 01:14 AM
I had a decent one not long ago , i THINK it was moxies , or it might have been earls lol , one of the two! .... but the best club sandwich ive had would be at Soroccos tennis club

Wildcat
09-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by wildrice
not really a club sandwich, but if ur looking for something good, u should try a sub, at Quiznos's subs.
damn, my first time eating there, i thought the sub was amazing

honey bacon club :werd: