PDA

View Full Version : anyone know what happened on deerfoot today??

boi-alien
11-12-2002, 02:12 PM
southbound, deerfoot and mcknight blvd. traffic was backed up all the way past 64th. what happened?? by the time my car had gotten there whatever occured had been cleared up already. anyone know what happened? hope nobody got hurt.

finboy
11-12-2002, 02:26 PM
i think a ladder fell of a truck. no serious injuries.

speedracer
11-12-2002, 02:31 PM
This might be it:
http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybeat/public/2002/11/release.20021112_131403_1242_0

At 1050 hours Calgary EMS responded to southbound Deerfoot
Trail at McKnight BV NE for a motor vehicle collision. A
southbound car was struck from behind by a tractor-trailer
causing extensive damage to the vehicle and trapping the two
occupants in the wreckage. As fire fighters worked to free
the two people inside, paramedics began treating their
injuries; both were transported to hospital.

Patient #1An 18-year-old female, she sustained head
and neck injuries and was transported to hospital by
paramedics in serious but stable condition.

Patient #2A 17-year-old female, she sustained head
injuries and was initially in critical condition as
paramedics rushed her to the Foothills Hospital. Her
condition has since been upgraded to serious but stable.

The Calgary Police Service is investigating and they will
provide any further details.

SilverRex
11-14-2002, 12:59 AM
ouch... hope they'll be alright.. maybe they were driving too slow..:dunno:

infamous
11-14-2002, 01:13 AM
damn...i hope that they are both ok....

MistaBrent
11-15-2002, 09:35 AM
It's time the police start enforcing speeding laws against dangerous machinery like semi trucks.

I was driving to edmonton last week and i was doing only 4 over so 114km an hour. And this huge semi truck that had lights flashing cause his load was oversized and took up a little bit of the other lane too comes flying behind me.

and the semi is so big and was tailing me, i just went in the fast lane and let him pass in the slow lane.

I personally think its disgusting to see semi trucks going so fast.

They shouldnt be going over 90-100 and they drive like idiots now a days.

I dont know if you saw the pic in the paper of this accident but those people were messed up bad.

Unless those people cut off the semi truck i think he should be tried as attemping to kill those people.

Would you guys agree its pretty damn wrong for a semi to be doing this shit ?

yet we have the cops cracking down on imports.

kenny
11-15-2002, 09:47 AM
The cops DO focus on trucks. Just the other day I saw a cop pull over a truck who was not speeding, but didn't have a tarp over the load he was carrying (I'm assuming thats why he was pulled over as rocks/debris was falling out of the back of the truck and probably pelting the cop car).

I don't really think cops are cracking down on imports at all, they're just enforcing traffic laws and it so happens that highly modified imports are just that much more eye catching. I guess thats the whole point of some modifications--to draw attention.

SmelltheRubber
11-16-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by kenny
The cops DO focus on trucks. Just the other day I saw a cop pull over a truck who was not speeding, but didn't have a tarp over the load he was carrying (I'm assuming thats why he was pulled over as rocks/debris was falling out of the back of the truck and probably pelting the cop car).

I don't really think cops are cracking down on imports at all, they're just enforcing traffic laws and it so happens that highly modified imports are just that much more eye catching. I guess thats the whole point of some modifications--to draw attention.

:werd:

boi-alien
11-16-2002, 01:11 PM
i think that canada should re-enforce the -10 kmph laws on the huge semi trailers. honest to god, when you're going to edmonton or something, i usually run at like 120 or so, and these semi trailers come blasting down the highway passing me. it's so dangerious

MistaBrent
11-16-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by kenny

maybe they do.

but you got to drive going to edmonton to belive it.

I mean it was sick.

they were going so damn fast

a car going there speed. big deal but a semi truck is a killing machine on the road