BRAND NEW TURBO

BRAND NEW MANIFOLD

DOWNPIPE

90 DEGREE ELBOW

GASKETS

BOLTS

CAT FLANGE

TURBO FLANGE

Is this turbo kit complete? I was just wondering cause I dont want to end up buying other crap. What else would I need. I have a d15 engine non-vtec

91CivicHatch
09-03-2004, 08:05 PM
BRAND NEW TURBO

BRAND NEW MANIFOLD

DOWNPIPE

90 DEGREE ELBOW

GASKETS

BOLTS

CAT FLANGE

TURBO FLANGE

Is this turbo kit complete? I was just wondering cause I dont want to end up buying other crap. What else would I need. I have a d15 engine non-vtec

djfob
09-03-2004, 08:30 PM
You still need a bov, fuel management, wastegate,oil lines, some gauges(not neccesary but nice to have), intercooler.........

FYI- I wouldn't bother with the Stone mountain(SSAC) kit. I hear their turbos are crap as in them blowing seals pretty much right away. Unless things have changed with their turbos.

Ben
09-03-2004, 08:52 PM
properly? Wastegate, intercooler, fuel management, injectors, downpipe (not shown in the picture, tho you listed it), other piping, fuel pump, and a few other things. Still lots to go.

Ed the SOHC
09-03-2004, 08:54 PM
you need a downpipe

edit: oops... you listed it but it's not in the pic.

SaabKraft
09-03-2004, 08:54 PM
perhaps bypass valve, wastegate actuator (external or internal), some manner of boost controller ($60 manual or $$$ electronic)...

my knowledge is from a mid 80's-90's full pressure system, so these are jsut some things my car has that you haven't listed.

intercooler if running higher boost (but then you'd need new pistons or head to drop the compression. stick around 4-6 psi at first and take it easy, to avoid blowing your head gasket)

djfob
09-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Down pipe is pictured but is in pieces and needs to be welded together.

africano
09-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Is it just me of does that turbo look a bit big for a d15?

Owned 2
09-03-2004, 10:59 PM
you also need some charge piping and some research.... the information is there man.

Expiredsoda
09-07-2004, 04:22 PM
I pray for you that your kit isnt SSautochrome.... or Stone Mountain on ebay. Their quality is horrendous.... the steel is cheap ass mild steel that cracks like crazy, and the turbos....well.... you will be needing a new one soon enough. As for what else you need.... everyone else mentioned pretty much what you need. You need to do a lot of research before you do a home-made kit my friend. Check out www.homemadeturbo.com or turbod16.com for lots more info.

EK 2.0
09-07-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Expiredsoda
I pray for you that your kit isnt SSautochrome.... or Stone Mountain on ebay. Their quality is horrendous.... the steel is cheap ass mild steel that cracks like crazy, and the turbos....well.... you will be needing a new one soon enough. As for what else you need.... everyone else mentioned pretty much what you need. You need to do a lot of research before you do a home-made kit my friend. Check out www.homemadeturbo.com or turbod16.com for lots more info.

MY SS Manifold is holding up GREAT...as are a few others on this board man...

ancient
09-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Expiredsoda speaks from expierence

gpomp
09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by ancient
Expiredsoda speaks from expierence
So does Cyclone... but I've read many bad stories about SSAC.

Expiredsoda
09-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

MY SS Manifold is holding up GREAT...as are a few others on this board man...

Well then you are one of the lucky ones. There was a group buy on homemadeturbo.com not too long ago on one of their turbos, and out of 40 they ordered about 20 people have had them die on them in a matter of 4 months or so. Their manifold finish burns off to a brown and flakes off on many of their manis, plus under heavy weight loads they are known to crack quite easily.