PDA

View Full Version : problems with car....HELP PLZ

Ttrak
09-03-2004, 10:32 PM
kay this is what happened....i was driving down glenmore and hit a bump in the road? rite off of deerfoot or something like that....now my car makes a clickin noise when i go above 80 km/h. The noise sounds like a flat tire, but it wasnt, i filled air in the tires but noise is still there. Any idea of what it could be? when i go slow there's squeaking and sounds like rubber is rubbing somewhere but its not visible, it looks fine when looking at it. Any ideas, suggestoins?
thanks.

JordanLotoski
09-03-2004, 10:38 PM
theres a rock stuck in your tire..like in the tred pattern///take a look

Ttrak
09-03-2004, 10:40 PM
no no i think its bigger than that
steering wheel shakes hardcore when goin above 80 and so does the whole upper dash board.

blueripper6
09-03-2004, 10:43 PM
get ur wheels aligned..

im not sure but one of the wheel weights fell off?

FiveFreshFish
09-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Check the torque on the lug nuts. You might have a loose one.

Ttrak
09-03-2004, 11:10 PM
i hit both front tires on the bump. the lug nuts on the right tire were all loose so i tightened them....backed out slowly from my garage and same sounds....every rotation i hear a squeak/rubbin noise from the right side.

Alexs
09-04-2004, 03:26 AM
Turn your weels to the right and see if anything is bent or damaged. If it's durty there, there should be fresh scratch marks where the rubbing is happening.
I had a similar problem after the morrons at Canadian Tire did an oil change on my neon and bent a tab on my suspension.