PDA

View Full Version : I'm Looking For A New Car, I need some Advice

rmats
09-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Hello. I'm in the market for a new car. This is my first experience going through the new car shopping process. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. First off, I am on a limited budget. I can only afford to buy a car in the $14,000-16,000 range. I'm looking for a dependable vehicle with an automatic transmission. The features I am hoping to find are as follows: Automatic Transmission, A/C, Power Windows, Power Locks, CD Player, alarm, remote keyless entry, and remote start. Below are the vehicles I have found which seem to fall into this price range. Please offer any suggestions and opinions on the vehicles I list below. Again, thank you.

Rich

2005 Ford Focus
2004 Hyundai Accent
2004 Hyundai Elantra
2004 Pontiac Sunfire
2004 Kia Spectra

If there are other vehicles you would recommend in addition to the ones listed, please offer any suggestions. Thank you.

ZorroAMG
09-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Focus. Hands down, a better car than all the others....mainly cause i'd never buy a korean car (kia and hyundai) and sunfires are just BAD cars compared to the focus.

finboy
09-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Focus. Hands down, a better car than all the others....

i'm going to have to agree here, everything else on the list is crap at best

Big_C_racing
09-04-2004, 12:11 PM
Hyundai has really stepped it up over the last few years. They have got a real awesome warranty plan. I used to hate Kias and Hyundias but I now think that I hyundai might be an acceptable car. The focus feels extremely cheap to me but I think your choices on that list are one of the hyundais or the focus. The sunfire is just a bad car, please dont buy one.

Khyron
09-04-2004, 12:39 PM
I would take the Accent myself, or maybe the Focus depending on the price comparison, and how you like driving each. Anyone making sweeping generalizations about Korean cars probably hasn't driven one since the 80's Excel and Pony. Similar to all the people bashing the first Hondas and ignoring the leaps and strides until surpise, they became a top brand.

After you have a short list (3 cars) go online and PAY the 25-30 bucks to get the invoice printout. That tells you all the hidden factory incentives, dealer cost for everything. Then you can negotiate from there.

Khyron

benyl
09-04-2004, 01:23 PM
Get a year old Honda Civic. I dont' know if the lower end Mazda 3 is that cheap, but I would check it out.

Wait for the Chevy Cobalt, I heard that it is leaps and bounds better than the Cavalier... and looks pretty good too.

elpepe
09-04-2004, 05:43 PM
mazda 3

A_3
09-04-2004, 06:21 PM
try for a civic, i believe you can get those in your price range, let's all remember he's dealing in American money here.

ThE tV 8 mE
09-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Focus. Hands down, a better car than all the others....mainly cause i'd never buy a korean car (kia and hyundai) and sunfires are just BAD cars compared to the focus.

Originally posted by elpepe
mazda 3

Gonna have to agree with both of those! :thumbsup:

energie23
09-04-2004, 08:13 PM
uh..no Korean cars IMO i say the pontiac sunfire

NiteRider
09-04-2004, 08:16 PM
my buddy just bought a brand new focus, and he loves it

its a pretty nice car, just to putt around in. very practical

digger
09-05-2004, 11:55 AM
Not on your list but look at the 2005 Kia Spectra. Much better car than any of those others you listed and much better than the 2004. Would also add the Mazda 3 to that list. Those are two of the nicest driving and handling cars on the road right now.

awd
09-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by energie23
uh..no Korean cars IMO i say the pontiac sunfire

Yea, Subarus are crappy Korean cars. ;)

My vote goes to a Mazda 3 or a Ford Focus.

statick
09-06-2004, 08:13 AM
honda civic
toyota echo hatch/scion xa
mazda 3