PDA

View Full Version : right hand drive jdm crx - Whats it worth?

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:02 AM
nothing here

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:02 AM
pic

ricosuave
09-05-2004, 02:04 AM
more pics pls

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:06 AM
pic2

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:07 AM
pic4

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:08 AM
pic5

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:10 AM
pic6

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:11 AM
pic7

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:12 AM
pic8

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:12 AM
another

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:13 AM
and another

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:13 AM
yet another

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:14 AM
pic 9

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 02:52 AM
also the dogs were just in there for a few pics and the interior is absolutely mint and I mean mint. I just had the car fully detailed in and out.

the_rail
09-05-2004, 12:13 PM
willing to trade?

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 03:31 PM
not so much looking for a trade,but thanks

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 05:03 PM
picture

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 05:05 PM
picture again

Phuqu
09-05-2004, 08:14 PM
That back seat has the same quality of vinyl as the back of the Police Cruiser's.

Not that I've been there....:thumbsup:

civicrider187
09-05-2004, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phuqu
[B]......

QuasarCav
09-07-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Phuqu
That back seat has the same quality of vinyl as the back of the Police Cruiser's.

Not that I've been there....:thumbsup:

The only reason it's in there is to satisfy Japanese laws.

Every car must have a back seat.

civicrider187
09-07-2004, 01:03 PM

tryzub
09-10-2004, 11:04 PM
i will come take it off ur hands right know for 4 gs

D'z Nutz
09-11-2004, 08:53 AM
You don't need to keep bumping your thread multiple times a day. Once every few days is good enough.

http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1

civicrider187
09-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by tryzub
i will come take it off ur hands right know for 4 gs .....

88CRX
09-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by civicrider187
4g's?????? Ill let you eat the penuts out of my shit for that price,seriously now. These broke ass people piss me off. And even if I would take an offer like that,not that I would,you people probably wouldn't even have the money or would have to ask ure parents to borrow it.

haha.... so dam tru :thumbsup:

i've had the same thing so many times :thumbsdow dont ya love selling a car :banghead:

civicrider187
09-11-2004, 10:05 PM

Kamen
09-12-2004, 12:57 AM
No offense or anything but is a JDM CRX worth 8+ k?

Ben
09-12-2004, 01:54 AM
car has been listed on ebay heres the link http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2489593767

Nice work, you conveniently neglected to mention that this car is an autotragic, thus lowering its appeal substantially.

Item Specifics - Automobiles
Manufacturer: Honda Kilometers: 67422
Model: CRX Model Year: 1988
Type: Hatchback

You are bidding on a rare japanese import,right hand drive. A real beautiful import car with only 67422km or 41894 miles. The interior is absolutely mint. No tears, no stains, no wear. The dash is like new with no cracks. You will have to look really hard to find any flaws in the original paint. This car has never seen salt, gravel, or much rain from the looks of it. No rust anywhere on the vehicle. The car has never been in any accident and all lines are straight. The engine compartment is extremely clean. The only flaw in the interior is a small crack in the top side of the vinyl back seat, you can hardly see the crack as it is very small.The cost to have the crack fixed would only be around 50 dollars as I had it priced out at a local shop.

The car has been really fun to drive and attracts alot of attention being a right hand drive. It is a very quick car with lots of pick up. It is a factory ZC engine and absolutely flawless.The specifications are DOHC 1.6L, 129HP and 109 torgue, Good turbo engine if your into that sort of thing. The motor so far has not been altered at all.

I imported the car a few months ago and now with my family growing at a rapid pace,Im having to sell the car as it is not practical for our lifestyle anymore. The car is registered and insured currently and has no issues surrounding the legalization. Right hand drive vehicles are legal to drive in the canada and the united states. My insurance company had no problems giving me coverage on the car and it was no more expensive than a regular car.I have all the documents on the car and those will go to the buyer. When the car came to canada and in order to be able to register it, it had to go through 3 inspections. These inspections are to make sure that the car is safe to drive on our roads. I had to have every single part of the car brought up to code. So you can rest assure that the car is in mint condition mechanically. The mechanic working on the car said that the car is in immaculate condition.The only thing that he said I would have to do to the car in the next while is to replace the timing belt,but he said that it should be done before the odometer reaches 100,000 km. The cost for that would be around 250.00 canadian. But it will be at least a year or so before it needs replacing.These inspections are a one time thing and the next person to own the car will NOT have to go through any of this,and it will be treated just as a regular car.

The right hand drive takes a little getting used to at first, but after a week of easy driving you will get used to it. I get looks wherever I go with the car. No on can believe it is a 15 year old car. It is definelty an attention getter and conversation piece

Some options and modifications are as follows :

-air conditioning (blows cold) and in good workin order

-power steering,power windows,power mirrors

-brand new front and back speakers "pioneer"

-brand new sony cd player,also plays mp3's

-rare backseat

-limo tint on hatch glass and on 2 rear quarter windows

-lowered with tokiko springs and shocks

-tape deck (factory)

-91 crx si rims and new rubber

-glasstop (all glass roof)

-side marker lights

-clear corner lights

The v.i.n. number is EF71102856

I'm sure that I have missed something in the description of the car. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have.This car is also listed locally so I reserve the right to end the auction early if it sells.

I will ship the car anywhere in the world. And also help the buyer make shipping arrangements.The last time that I checked the shipping costs to the u.s. were under 500.00 U.S. dollars. As for canadian buyers I would be able to deliver the car if its a distance within reason. Buyer will be responsible for all shipping costs.

Serious bidders only please.

Ben
09-12-2004, 02:00 AM
Oh, and you can stop reporting the posts :)

My post DOES help you with your sale. First question they're gonna ask is it a Auto or Manual...

Have a nice night.

Ben
09-12-2004, 02:22 AM
apparantly what I said was too much reality for a late night.

Kamen
09-12-2004, 02:32 AM
So Ben,
what's this thing worth really? I was thinking like 5k absolute max...:dunno:

Ben
09-12-2004, 03:16 AM
Well since the seller has nothing for sale in this thread now, deleting all the stuff, I am going to speak freely and move it to general car talk to discuss.

I personally dont know what it's worth, but If I was blowing 8 large on a JDM imported bone stock CRX, I sure as hell would want it to be a standard... who is gonna buy an automatic JDM Right hand drive CRX? Go through all the trouble of importing a car, and all that money just to be an automatic.

I know that just going through the Japan Vehicle classifieds, that car goes for around 350,000 yen give or take...thats like 4 grand. add a couple on for shipping and junk...still seems high...that and the ones I've seen are standards with stuff done.

I dunno...maybe an auto CRX would be a hot seller...but from a tuner stand point I cant see that, unless it was turned into a show car only.

ca2p3r
11-21-2004, 03:50 PM
hah my crx is auto! :burnout:

rio_rex
11-21-2004, 04:08 PM
If it was manual, i would pay $6500 tops

habsfan
11-21-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by ca2p3r
hah my crx is auto! :burnout:

quite possibly the most useless bump in history

civicrider187
11-27-2004, 12:24 AM
I see my thread has been revived . Well the car is long gone and I will not even tell people what I got for it because you wouldn't believe me. All that I have to say is that personally I think that these jdm crx's are worth alot more than people think they are. But not to everyone I guess. People spend on average above 3-4 grand on a usdm crx with a smaller motor, normal honda rust,and no features. Then spend thousands on swaps,bodywork,etc. And still no options on them. The actual car that I sold had absolutely no rust, glasstop, factory zc motor and was fully loaded with options. Another guy I talked to put this situation in better words.........

Something you've got to remember though... someone who is willing to either import or buy an already imported RHD CR-X is not your normal Joe Blow walking in off the street looking for cheap transport back and forth to work. They aren't looking at these cars as 'just an 88-91 Honda'.

Inherently they are going to be worth more than the average Civic or CRX simply because they are going to be collectors items which will INCREASE in value rather than DECREASE if kept original and mint, same as any classic car once was... They decreased in value to a point and then once they became collector's items, shot back up in value for the few that were pristinely maintained.

Baby Boomers, upon hitting mid-life, could finally afford the 67 Mustang they always wanted as a kid, or in an attempt to regain their youth, they bought that same ol' 57 Chevy their father drove when they were kids... mark my words -- same thing's gonna happen here with Hondas in the next 10-15 maybe 20 years...

Something like this is an 'investment' and while I agree its one that is not for everyone, and maybe its only for the serious collector/enthusiast, that's what these JDM imports are going to be.

88CRX
11-27-2004, 02:24 AM
I see my thread has been revived . Well the car is long gone and I will not even tell people what I got for it because you wouldn't believe me. All that I have to say is that personally I think that these jdm crx's are worth alot more than people think they are. But not to everyone I guess. People spend on average above 3-4 grand on a usdm crx with a smaller motor, normal honda rust,and no features. Then spend thousands on swaps,bodywork,etc. And still no options on them. The actual car that I sold had absolutely no rust, glasstop, factory zc motor and was fully loaded with options. Another guy I talked to put this situation in better words.........

Something you've got to remember though... someone who is willing to either import or buy an already imported RHD CR-X is not your normal Joe Blow walking in off the street looking for cheap transport back and forth to work. They aren't looking at these cars as 'just an 88-91 Honda'.

Inherently they are going to be worth more than the average Civic or CRX simply because they are going to be collectors items which will INCREASE in value rather than DECREASE if kept original and mint, same as any classic car once was... They decreased in value to a point and then once they became collector's items, shot back up in value for the few that were pristinely maintained.

Baby Boomers, upon hitting mid-life, could finally afford the 67 Mustang they always wanted as a kid, or in an attempt to regain their youth, they bought that same ol' 57 Chevy their father drove when they were kids... mark my words -- same thing's gonna happen here with Hondas in the next 10-15 maybe 20 years...

Something like this is an 'investment' and while I agree its one that is not for everyone, and maybe its only for the serious collector/enthusiast, that's what these JDM imports are going to be.

:thumbsup: yup, people who have never driven a crx dont understand lol.