PDA

View Full Version : Labor day? Anything open?

BigMass
09-06-2004, 10:16 AM
anything open today? I tried calling a few dealerships and got answering machine. No clue if they were busy or closed.

LittleAngel
09-06-2004, 10:18 AM
all dealerships are closed today.

BigMass
09-06-2004, 10:23 AM
doh, so you mean when people are actually home and have time to shop for a new car that's when they are closed. Smart thinking.

Thanks for the info anyways.

LittleAngel
09-06-2004, 10:25 AM
haha, yeh kinda sucks, but i they need there days off too, just like everyone else :)

BigMass
09-06-2004, 10:37 AM
They can take tuesday and wednesday off when everyone is at work and doesnt have time to go shopping for cars. Its not rocket science. Well, no one has ever accused dealerships to be smart. So now, while i could be out there giving my money to some idiot salesman, im inside stroking my cock waiting for tuesday to roll around, by which time i will have changed my mind and purchased another used car lol.. oh well. Sorry gotta rant. Nothing else to do today it seems :rolleyes: checkers anyone?

badseed
09-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Stroke away:thumbsup:

habsfan
09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
some of us poor saps have to work :( :banghead:

badseed
09-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm working as well......unfotunatley. However I am making double time so whatevs :dunno:

Ben
09-06-2004, 11:23 AM
I love workin holidays, triple time baby.

Originally posted by BigMass
They can take tuesday and wednesday off when everyone is at work and doesnt have time to go shopping for cars. Its not rocket science. Well, no one has ever accused dealerships to be smart. So now, while i could be out there giving my money to some idiot salesman, im inside stroking my cock waiting for tuesday to roll around, by which time i will have changed my mind and purchased another used car lol.. oh well. Sorry gotta rant. Nothing else to do today it seems :rolleyes: checkers anyone?

You're ignorant and like it dont ya? It's fuckin labor day, go spend time with your friends and family. Car shoping on holidays is retarded.

Car sales people dont get paid by the hour you know...and so working holidays is hardly worth their time...it's not like you get time and a half or double time selling a car :rolleyes:

The amount of people who would actually GO on a holiday does not make it profitable for anyone. They work 6 days a week as it is, give them a break.

GreatSkullZero
09-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Not much is open here, and thank god school is not :p

ramminghard
09-06-2004, 11:56 AM
Southgate chevy should be open, they has a sign that said"Huge sale Holiday Monday"

BigMass
09-06-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I love workin holidays, triple time baby.

You're ignorant and like it dont ya? It's fuckin labor day, go spend time with your friends and family. Car shoping on holidays is retarded.

Car sales people dont get paid by the hour you know...and so working holidays is hardly worth their time...it's not like you get time and a half or double time selling a car :rolleyes:

The amount of people who would actually GO on a holiday does not make it profitable for anyone. They work 6 days a week as it is, give them a break.

Its a business decision that's up to them to make. Not my problem. I guarantee you that if you were the only place open on a holiday you would make a lot of money. And give me a break about the family bullshit. How many actually spend Labor day with their family? It's not Christmas or Easter. Its just a day off work like any other. You need Labor day to tell you to spend time with your family?

You’re right, car shopping on holidays when you dont have to work is retarded. I should take time off work during the week and go car shopping :rolleyes:

Ben
09-06-2004, 12:37 PM

Its a business decision that's up to them to make. Not my problem. I guarantee you that if you were the only place open on a holiday you would make a lot of money. And give me a break about the family bullshit. How many actually spend Labor day with their family? It's not Christmas or Easter. Its just a day off work like any other. You need Labor day to tell you to spend time with your family?

You’re right, car shopping on holidays when you dont have to work is retarded. I should take time off work during the week and go car shopping :rolleyes:

Thats right, it's their decision, not your problem, so why the thread?

dude, you got way too much pent up rage, get a fuckin girlfriend man, cause obviously stroking your cock did you no good.

I said "Family and friends", theres a hockey game and a football game on today...why not take the holiday for what it is and just chill. Go beat off once more, or take a drive, since it's nice out...whining about why a non essential service is close on a holiday is weak man...

Obviously you're too busy during the week to shop for cars. Go on Saturday then, why should dealerships take a shit cause YOU'RE the one with a schedule that doesn't work around theirs. They are open 6 days a week from like 9am till 9pm...if you dont have time in any of that space then dude, you need this holiday to just chill more than anyone else.

Also...I know for a fact that if all dealerships were open today it would be a waste of time for the sales people, which again I remind you make straight commission...and most people that would go in on a holiday have nothing better to do other than to tire kick and waste peoples time...one of maybe 20 are actually ready to buy a car that day, and you'd be lucky to get 20 individules through the door, cause most people spend their holidays NOT SHOPPING FOR CARS. As someone mentioned, there may be a dealership having a big labor day blow out or something...it's not uncommon for 1 dealership in the city to do that...but if they all did, it wouldn't be a big deal and noone would bother.

badseed
09-06-2004, 12:44 PM
You 2 should just scrap and get it over with!! Dooo it, doooo it...........dooooo it:devil:

iceburns288
09-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Anything open on Labor Day?

Heh be prepared...

Ha YOUR MOM'S OPEN ON LABOR DAY!:eek:

:D ;)

I couldn't resist...:nut:

Ben
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by badseed
You 2 should just scrap and get it over with!! Dooo it, doooo it...........dooooo it:devil:

Nah, pretty sure BigMass is smart and civilized enough that we can come to a resolution by talking it out.

I dunno...I mean I'm working today and have no problem with it...love my job, but I get paid by the hour, and holidays are triple time...dealerships are different...they have regular full time staff that work a set schedule, they dont have people that they can call to cover for them, and they work 6 days a week as it is and arn't paid hourly, it doesn't work physically (You'd be beat) and financially to have them work holidays as well, because they'd be over worked and would be staffing this business for a pretty slow day.

Importz
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Heh be prepared...

lol......u must be in grade 7

LittleAngel
09-06-2004, 01:20 PM

that isnt true. I work at a dealership and we were open canada day 2003 and we had almost NO business. so honestly it's not worth it. Sales people get payed on what they sell, not hourly. would you want to sit somewhere because you have to and not get paid at all?? i sure wouldnt.

badseed
09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
:werd:

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2004, 01:27 PM
As mentioned before anyone who knows anythign about the retail car industry knows that it isnt worthwhile to stay open on holidays. Nobody shows up and it pisses your sales staff off. Nice business decision

BebeAphrodite
09-06-2004, 01:47 PM
I hate work
no one knows we're open and no one is coming in
grRrrR

BigMass
09-06-2004, 01:51 PM
heh im wasnt trying to start an argument. I was ranting because i have time and it would be a good time for me to check out cars. I also, falsely assumed, that people would prefer shopping for new cars on their time off instead of at 9am on a Monday when dealers are actually open. I dont see how dealers could get business during the day when people are at work. Anyways, It was a rant and my opinion. Dont take it personally.

Its interesting to note that LittleAngel's dealership had almost no business, but could that be because most people like me just assume everything is closed on Labor Day? Who knows. I assume things based on personal experience.

Even on weekends, they close earlier than on weekdays. Why is that? Personally you would think when people have the time to shop that is when they should be open. Not at 10am on a weekday when everyone is in their cubicle at work. Either way, whatever. I'm not loosing sleep over it. Common sense for me might not be common sense for someone else. It’s their business they can do what they want, no skin off my back.

Redlyne_mr2
09-06-2004, 01:53 PM
You wouldnt be able to complete most vehicle transactions on the weekend anyways. Finance offices and registration offices are closed.

Ben
09-06-2004, 02:37 PM
heh im wasnt trying to start an argument. I was ranting because i have time and it would be a good time for me to check out cars. I also, falsely assumed, that people would prefer shopping for new cars on their time off instead of at 9am on a Monday when dealers are actually open. I dont see how dealers could get business during the day when people are at work. Anyways, It was a rant and my opinion. Dont take it personally.

Its interesting to note that LittleAngel's dealership had almost no business, but could that be because most people like me just assume everything is closed on Labor Day? Who knows. I assume things based on personal experience.

Even on weekends, they close earlier than on weekdays. Why is that? Personally you would think when people have the time to shop that is when they should be open. Not at 10am on a weekday when everyone is in their cubicle at work. Either way, whatever. I'm not loosing sleep over it. Common sense for me might not be common sense for someone else. It’s their business they can do what they want, no skin off my back.

I think the biggest flaw you are experiencing is that you're assuming the entire city works monday to friday 9-5 in a cubicle. THere are a lot of people that get time off during the days, can work from home, work eves, work weekends, hense the hours. Like I know a lot of people, and I have never met anyone who shops late saturday nights or holidays unless it's Boxing day.

method
09-06-2004, 02:47 PM
I work at a dealership. NORMAL people are having fun on holidays, not shopping for cars or bringing their cars in for service.

we close earlier on weekends because people have the whole week to come in. weekEND.

people have lives buddy - face it.

our peak hour for service is at 9 in the morning. it peaks again at lunch. what do you know.. people come to the dealership during the day. out of our 14 techs, only 2 work on the weekend. they usually end up washing their cars because basically no one comes in. why? they're out ENJOYING THE WEEKEND.

Gonthro
09-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Ben

I think the biggest flaw you are experiencing is that you're assuming the entire city works monday to friday 9-5 in a cubicle. THere are a lot of people that get time off during the days, can work from home, work eves, work weekends, hense the hours. Like I know a lot of people, and I have never met anyone who shops late saturday nights or holidays unless it's Boxing day.

and even if everyoen in the city did have 9-5's most dealers are open til 9pm, if you cant find a car in 4 hours you got some issues.

LittleAngel
09-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

and even if everyoen in the city did have 9-5's most dealers are open til 9pm, if you cant find a car in 4 hours you got some issues.

:werd:

BebeAphrodite
09-06-2004, 03:35 PM

but along this line of thinking, why are malls still busy during the day when people should be working or at school?

BigMass
09-06-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

but along this line of thinking, why are malls still busy during the day when people should be working or at school?

good question. Plus, shopping for a car is fun to me. I take my wife or a friend with me and we have fun test driving cars and making a decision. It's not some chore. I guess not everyone enjoys cars, but see them as a necessary evil.

max_boost
09-06-2004, 03:45 PM
With the internet, you can find virtually everything you need to know about a car, prices, finance rates etc. The role of the salesman is more or less to get you a sweet deal. By your logic, dealerships might as well open 7 days a week! Every business including its employees need a break and dealerships are no different. I'm sure you can pull sometime out of your schedule and go see them between Mon-Sat.

max_boost
09-06-2004, 03:47 PM
I guess not everyone enjoys cars, but see them as a necessary evil. I don't see how this last sentence has anything to do with dealerships not opening on holidays?:rofl:

RickDaTuner
09-06-2004, 03:50 PM
I dun heard your mom was open...:poosie:

BebeAphrodite
09-06-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by iceburns288

Heh be prepared...

Originally posted by RickDaTuner

ooo

BigMass
09-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
With the internet, you can find virtually everything you need to know about a car, prices, finance rates etc. The role of the salesman is more or less to get you a sweet deal. By your logic, dealerships might as well open 7 days a week! Every business including its employees need a break and dealerships are no different. I'm sure you can pull sometime out of your schedule and go see them between Mon-Sat.

Correct. I need nothing from the dealer outside of a test drive. And to buy the car of course.

iceburns288
09-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner

I done that shizzle b4 y0! ;)