PDA

View Full Version : Hondata problems & CELS

Dirty_SOHC
11-12-2002, 11:48 PM
well today and for the last few weeks my car has been running excellent. but today in traffic it stalled and would not start. I first changed my plugs as for I have been fouling sets of them for the last few months. Plugs were in decent shape, but I still replaced them. Then I noticed my Hondata blinking meaning it had no communication from the ECU. So I rip everything apart, the cord and the EPROM looked fine.

My buddie comes along and we pick up my old OBDII ECU and stock injectors and installed them. The car fired up fine but then I pulled a CEL. I thought it was because I did not have the secondary O2 sensor hooked up. I pulled the CEL 74 which is cyl 4 misfire. But the car is running smooth.

Tommorow I will have mt EPROM checked out, do any of you guys have any thoughts on this??

B18C
11-13-2002, 12:06 AM
Check the cord/plug that goes from the hondata box to the ecu. I've had a problem with that cord before. Just try wiggling it (esp at the plug where it connects to the ECU) and see if the light on the hondata box stays on.

Dirty_SOHC
11-13-2002, 12:14 AM
thnxs arch I'll try that tommorrow

B18C
11-13-2002, 12:22 AM
:thumbsup:

Hope it works

Dirty_SOHC
11-13-2002, 10:02 AM
Wiggling the cord didnt help, I wiggled both sides of the cord and also the OBDII to OBDI wiring harness. I'm having a new chip burned today. hopefully it will work

legendboy
11-13-2002, 10:34 AM
Maybe your getting a static charge erasing your eprom or something?

Dirty_SOHC
11-13-2002, 10:40 AM
I dunno it was weird I was stop in traffic and it just stalled and wouldnt start. no one was in the passenger seat to make any static. I sold my Amp and Sub the day before so no major power surges.

B18C
11-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Well it was worth a try. I have no idea what is wrong with your Hondata because mine still worked even with the Hondata blinking. I just threw a CEL with no code but the car still drove fine unless I got into boost.

BTW, are you using the reburnable chips still? Ask Nelson to burn you a one time only chip.

Dirty_SOHC
11-14-2002, 09:14 PM
Well I got it up and running. It seemed the Eprom cleared itself. The only thing now it that I am burning richer at Idle on the same program as before. so the car almost chokes on itself. I think my O2 sensor is fried. woohoo 2 O2's in 2 weeks.