PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1991 VW GTI 2.0 16v

rx7_turbo2
09-06-2004, 04:27 PM
Hey

I'm selling my 1991 VW GTI.

Some details about it.

2.0l 16v motor. Performance chip installed.

I'm the second owner of the car. It has 204xxx kms on it. I have a folder with the reciepts for everything that's ever been done to the thing. The brakes were done by the previous owner, calipers, pads, proportioning valve, the whole deal. I also did the clutch a short time ago, the flywheel was re-surfaced at that time as well.

Its a great running car. It leaks a very small bit of oil I think from the oil pan. The motor doesnt use any oil however. It has some slight rust on the passenger door, nothing major. The underside of the car is spotless. I don't really need to sell the car, but every week there's a note on the windshield asking if I'd sell it so I figured I put it up here and see what happens.

It has a set of toyo proxes that are one season old on the BBS rims. the rims on the car are in perfect shape. It also comes with a set of really good winter tires on steel rims. I have a second set of the BBS rims that the buyer can have as well. The second set of BBS rims is damaged but probably repairable.

All in all it's a fantastic car. A few members on this forum can attest to it's condition. I'm asking $6000obo. Send me a P.M if your interested.

rx7_turbo2
09-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Pic

rx7_turbo2
09-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Pic2

Ben
09-06-2004, 05:56 PM
you wouldn't sell the wheels would ya? or trade plus cash for some Teardrops?

rx7_turbo2
09-06-2004, 09:39 PM
I'd rather sell it all in one package. But if that doesnt work out, or the new owner doesnt want the rims you can take them Ben. Like I said they need to be repaired. The rims on the car are in perfect shape and those will stay with the car for sure though.

bennyhanna
09-07-2004, 08:14 AM
possible to get some pics of the rust and interior?

rx7_turbo2
09-11-2004, 08:04 AM
Sorry I don't have access to a digital cam anymore. I am more than willing to meet people who are serious about the car. The rust isnt bad. The underside of the car has virtually no rust at all. The rust that is there is probably the result of a rock chip the previous owner neglected to take car of. The rust spot on the passenger door does not go all the way through the door panel or anything like that.

maximus
09-11-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
It leaks a very small bit of oil I think from the oil pan.

Not a big deal. Change the washer on the drain plug. You have to every time you do an oil change. Thats why they give you one at the dealer when you buy a filter. ALWAYS use a copper one. :thumbsup:

RXsevenmonk
09-11-2004, 04:24 PM
ewhats your number

rx7_turbo2
09-13-2004, 04:54 PM
Hey everyone.

I've had a few people want to see the car in person. I've heard to many horror stories of cars dissapearing after phone numbers and locations of cars have been given out so I've worked it another way.

I will have the car in the parking lot infront of Chapters in Crowfoot this friday (17th) at 7pm. If you want to see the car meet me there. I'll be more than happy to answer any additional questions people may have regarding the car, and you can get a close up look of it.

Thanks
Graham

rx7_turbo2
09-13-2004, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Loose
damn bizzitch, i didn't know you had a nice dub! what happened to the paint roller truck?

Hahaha, I ditched the Tremclad mobile and picked this up less than a year ago. It's been a great little car. WAY more reliable than the old truck, can't haul as much shit but at least the headlights, brake lights, brakes, and turn signals ALWAYS work;) I have a chance to pick up a much lower km Honda CRV for a decent price and now that the RX-7 is running I don't really have the need for another sporty car like this GTI. Given the number of notes left on my windshield asking me to sell it I figured there's someone out there that will give this car the respect it deserves, in my garage it always plays second fiddle.

rx7_turbo2
09-14-2004, 03:43 PM
Bump:D

little_d_mr2
09-16-2004, 02:41 PM
nice ride. would be interested in october/november closer to winter if it is still for sale.

rx7_turbo2
09-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Car is no longer for sale.

There is no need to meet this friday:)