PDA

View Full Version : I think my car was getting profiled

sexualbanana
11-13-2002, 01:07 AM
So I got this e-mail today from someone I didn't know. SUbject line: "Civic DX?" message: <blank>

I'm confused. I write this person an e-mail back saying "yes it's a dx. do i know u?"

they write back, "Umm....I dun think i know you.....what's your name? I am interested in your car though. Can you tell me the specs on it? km? price? manual?"

what kind of questions are those?!?! questions seem a little specific don't they??

boi-alien
11-13-2002, 01:09 AM
tell them it's not your car

Redlyne_mr2
11-13-2002, 01:10 AM
yah man sounds totally suspicous, I wonder if he knows about this forum and is reading this thread as we speak..if not keep playing with him until you get some useful info, maybe we can set up a sting and bust these fucking thieves

buh_buh
11-13-2002, 01:10 AM
tell them its not for sale.

Redlyne_mr2
11-13-2002, 01:11 AM
mayve someone can trace the email for you...im not sure if there is a way thorugh ip addresses but ask some of the computer guys on this board

sexualbanana
11-13-2002, 01:12 AM
i think it was a hotmail address

gpomp
11-13-2002, 02:45 AM
That's why you don't post pics of your car over the internet...

GTS Jeff
11-13-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
So I got this e-mail today from someone I didn't know. SUbject line: "Civic DX?" message: <blank>

I'm confused. I write this person an e-mail back saying "yes it's a dx. do i know u?"

they write back, "Umm....I dun think i know you.....what's your name? I am interested in your car though. Can you tell me the specs on it? km? price? manual?"

what kind of questions are those?!?! questions seem a little specific don't they?? reply with....

its a real nice car. i gotz hyperwhites, clear corners all around, euro tailz....custom intake and exhuast...i duno the km cuz i rolled it back like two timez yo..ill sell it for 18000 cuz its totally custom and tricked out yo

ninjak84
11-13-2002, 03:54 AM
That's pretty scary...
Damn... I like that black civic of yours... heres hoping nothing bad happens to it!

van
11-13-2002, 05:50 AM
Dude! You are being profiled. Seriously, when people ask you shiet like that when your car has never been in the bargain finder or listed for sale you have to be suspicious somewhat.

Thats eery, I would take a double look out for your car man. Getting my car broken into and losing some valuable shit was bad enough, I wouldn't want the same happenin to you too or any member from this board.

Fucking thieves. :banghead:

5gluder
11-13-2002, 10:45 AM
I also got an e-mail like that. The guy was asking how was the install on my mugen parts, I replied "what mugen parts"

GTS Jeff
11-13-2002, 10:55 AM
we should make a fake name with a nice car and screw around with them

D'z Nutz
11-13-2002, 09:07 PM
That's pretty disturbing. Did you actually post somewhere that your car was for sale or something? Those are some pretty specific questions. Just another reason why not to post any information about your vehicle online... I wonder how they got your email?

szw
11-13-2002, 09:14 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=27

D'z Nutz
11-13-2002, 09:22 PM
Ahhh.... I see...