PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Nissan 300zx 5spd Project - Fast - Runs/Drives - $350

randomhero8473
09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
1985 Nissan 300zx 5spd Project - Fast - Runs - $350

1985 Nissan 300ZX 5 speed. Silver in color (red originally, showing through where bumper is cracked) sitting in front of my house. 3.0L V6 engine (VG30). Tranny is solid, every gear and every synchro is good.

Body is in reasonable shape, all it needs is a new drivers quarter panel and a new rear bumper.

Engine has 190xxx on it, lots of power, but it smokes like hell until you warm it up. Once warm there's no smoke and it has a lot of power. It gtech'd 16.6 @ 85.9mph quarter mile consistently on the highway. I've put about 1500km on it since I got it, but I just picked up a camaro so this project has got to go.

Disc brakes all around.

The previous owner lost the only key for it and rather than pay $100 to the dealership he stripped the ignition and made it push button start. I changed it and made it a 2 button start so you won't hit the starter by accident when it's running. I was told it has a brand new clutch in it.

T roof is in great shape, doesn't leak at all. Passenger side window was smashed by some shithead when it was parked in my back alley last week.

Brakes work really well, but they squeal on the warning strips when the car is in reverse. Definitely needs new pads, maybe the rotors turned ($10 apiece at auto value or the like).

A great project for anyone looking to fix up a Z on a low budget.

So all it needs is
-Quarter panel/bumper
-Minor engine work
-New paintjob or touchup existing
-Passenger window glass ($10 at pick your part)
-Drivers side seatbelt lock is always on, so the seatbelt won't r
elease. Easy fix, I just haven't taken it apart.

It also has brand new NGK plugs and plug wires. ($100)

All I'm looking to get for it is $350.