PDA

View Full Version : How much is Telus landline/options?

TrevorK
09-07-2004, 11:03 AM
I've looked all over Telus' website and can't seem to find what it costs for a landline, and options associated with it.

Anyone have a bill with this information handy?

Gonthro
09-07-2004, 11:08 AM
im prettu sure mine is like $25 a month for basic phone, and then its like $5 more for each additional feature, the prices vary depending on the feature.

heres the features

http://www.telus.com/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem.do?category=fm10001C&Region=A

Ben
09-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Telus Landline basic touch tone is 23.86 + GST - This isn't advertised because it varies all over alberta depending on population density (more people, cheaper line) Calgary and Edmonton is 23.86 (cheapest in alberta)

Options like call display are priced individually, but it's cheaper to package them up.

Most people have call display(7.95), call waiting(5.95) and voicemail (4.95), but you can pick any 3(see here) (http://www.telus.com/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem.do?category=fm10001C) for 13.95.

So most people have 23.86 + 13.95 = 37.81 + Tax and Long distance

TrevorK
09-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Damn, that's expensive!

I just might keep my cell phone then and no landline...

Gonthro
09-07-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
Damn, that's expensive!

fido has a package where you get unlimited incoming calls and 100 anytime outgoing minutes and like 1000 evening and weekend outgoing minutes. for $45/month

thats what im doing when my rogers contract is up, and then i'll probably switch to shaw internet.

EDIT: its not $45 a month, its only $25, just checked thier site.

Ben
09-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by TrevorK
Damn, that's expensive!

Actually it's not considering what is involved and prices elsewhere, but to the ignorant who see it as a dial tone, it's a rip off.

TrevorK
09-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Actually it's not considering what is involved and prices elsewhere, but to the ignorant who see it as a dial tone, it's a rip off.

I just don't know if I see the need the landline and the cell phone - since I work 8 - 5, my free evenings/weekends will kick in when I get home...

What are some advantages (Besides the reliability of a landline)?

If I remember right you work for Telus, so I guess you're the one to ask!

RGSMDNR
09-07-2004, 07:34 PM
well the relaibilty aspect definitly plays a big role. If your cell dies your fucked, if the CO looses power.. it has battery backup so youre good that way. also the size of your house, if you cell is on vibrate in your jeans in your bedroom.. and it rings, you dont know... but you can have a bunch of phones one one line that will ring all over the house... not likly that you will miss a call. what if you have to call 911 and your cell wont work... what then? , with a cell, i find that no matter what plan youre on, you just might go over your minutes.. then what? with a landline, make all the local calls you want, with calling features like call forwarding and such you can forward your cell to you home and vise versa, and also you can add on whats called combined voicemail ( i know TELUS offers that)

just my .02

ps - I work for TELUS too... ;)

DarkDream
09-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ben
Telus Landline basic touch tone is 23.86 + GST - This isn't advertised because it varies all over alberta depending on population density (more people, cheaper line) Calgary and Edmonton is 23.86 (cheapest in alberta)

Options like call display are priced individually, but it's cheaper to package them up.

Most people have call display(7.95), call waiting(5.95) and voicemail (4.95), but you can pick any 3(see here) (http://www.telus.com/cgi-ebs/jsp/viewitem.do?category=fm10001C) for 13.95.

So most people have 23.86 + 13.95 = 37.81 + Tax and Long distance

Or you could sign up for the high speed internet and after your internet promotion period and if your with us for LD
you can save 5.00 bucks on your bill hahaha

Or you can just work for telus and get 30% off your bill and free calling features

Weapon_R
09-08-2004, 12:11 PM
I think sprint offers a cheaper package. They used to have it where you didn' t have to pay for any extra features.