PDA

View Full Version : Does any1 have the 6 Sec Abs?

Importz
09-07-2004, 04:25 PM
If yes does it work? I was watching the infomercial and planning on gettin one....

Khyron
09-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by importz
If yes does it work? I was watching the infomercial and planning on gettin one....

does it work...
infomercial...

My magic 8 ball says "Chances are slim...".

Khyron

badseed
09-07-2004, 05:01 PM
the 6 sec abs video is probably about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Importz
09-07-2004, 05:04 PM
^^ have you used it? Or just guessing cause its an infomercial product?>

badseed
09-07-2004, 05:26 PM
Ab exercises will only tone and strengthen the actual abdominal muscles. If you want the classic "6 pack" all the sit-ups in the world will not accomplish this.

You cannot just lose weight in a specific area of the body. You will lose weight in general, possibly more noticeable in the mid section if there is a high deposit of fat located there. Cardiovascualr exercise coupled with a strength program will improve your body compostion overall hence making your abdominals more visible.

The idea that doing ab exercises alone will give you chizled pack is a common misconception. Hope that answers your question.

three.eighteen.
09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
haha, i thought this was a post about the serial killer dude in something about mary

anyway, gimmick exercise machines are definetly never a good substitute for going to the gym

1badPT
09-07-2004, 05:32 PM
or a good circuit training program (if you don't like using equipment to work out :tongue: )

FiveFreshFish
09-07-2004, 05:48 PM
It might give you a six-pack that's hidden under a layer of fat. Like badseed said, you also have to do the cardio work to see any results.

SI-vic
09-07-2004, 06:17 PM
if you want an ab machine
get the ab roller before anything

JordanLotoski
09-07-2004, 07:33 PM
i have sumting better..i call it the "5 second abs" and iam working on the 4 and 3 second abs as we speak...

Chim
09-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Badseed's right on the dot. Cardio gives you the more "chiselled" look, while strength workout (coupled with proper nutrition) increases your muscle mass.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.php?MainMuscle=Abdominals
Thats a link to a lot of ab exercises to increase that mass, so there is something to show underneath when all that fat is gone. Crunchies and leg raises I find are the most effective, but everybody is different so definately experiment!

zboost
10-26-2004, 07:19 PM
heres my 6 second ab program.. full incline situps 25 reps with a 35 on yo chest.. do this once a week and you will have amazing abs.. i guarentee it.. tooo bad nobody sees them:bigpimp:

TrevorK
10-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Ab's are made in the kitchen.

All the cardio typically doesn't help if your diet is shit.

Boosted_TL
10-27-2004, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK
Ab's are made in the kitchen.

All the cardio typically doesn't help if your diet is shit.

:werd:

Right on the $$$$