PDA

View Full Version : Arrrggg... I hate this infonet wait.

BebeAphrodite
09-08-2004, 11:42 AM
So I'm sitting in the university lab waiting to get onto Infonet.
I was looking at my schedule in another class this morning and I though it was peculiar that a Greek Mythology class would have a tutorial. I go to the class only to find that I enrolled myself in Greek language studies.
I should read infonet more carefully next time. Blah...
Now my schedule is all messed up!! :banghead:

Shaolin
09-08-2004, 11:48 AM
I missed my deadline for registration about 4 years ago.. yeah, was my schedule ever messed, I was stuck with courses that I didn't want to take.. luckily on the last couple of days I was able to register for the classes that i wanted in the first place.. *phew*

BebeAphrodite
09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Blah... I always miss my registration deadline and end up in crap classes (that I chose so I would have a 'nice' timetable). I usually spend the first few days sitting around on infonet hoping and hoping someone will drop a class that I want to take and at a good time. I can't start too early.

Ick... now I'm in a dilemma. Either I take a class I don't want to take to make my schedule nice or else have a class I want to take (at a super early time) and have a four hour break.

OooOO...

thich
09-08-2004, 11:57 AM
well you win some and u lose some - sometimes taking the courses you want requires some sacrifice on ur part; i had to wake up for early courses last year b/c i wanted to take that course so bad and no one else offered it.

infonet is so clogged that it's retarded.
g'luck tho

kiwi
09-08-2004, 04:04 PM
Are you graduating this year, Katie?

Ajay
09-08-2004, 05:05 PM
Yah Infonet is a pain in the ass.

This summer I was a keener....found out the earliest I could register and registered that same day cause alot of the classes I need that are with good profs fill up very quickly.

Infonet is always a drag to use the first three or four days.

Question though.....I need a confirmation of enrolment so I don't have to keep paying my student loans. Does anyone know if I have to wait in the big ass student loan lines at the fee's office?

Weapon_R
09-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Yes you do.

Ajay
09-08-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Yes you do.

So just stand in the line and ask for a confirmation of enrolment when I finally get to the front or do I need to fill out something beforehand?

1-Bar
09-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I believe the confirmation you can goto the side line up and away from all the people getting their loan papers signed. Usually there are people to direct you along the way so you don't wait in the wrong line up.....

BTW infonet is messed, and FYI try to log in at the end of the day. Most people do their dropping/adding during this time. If they fuck up, they can't correct it until next day....

maximus
09-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
I believe the confirmation you can goto the side line up and away from all the people getting their loan papers signed. Usually there are people to direct you along the way so you don't wait in the wrong line up.....

The 'express' line up is to pick up your signed student loans. This year you don't have to wait to get it signed. You drop it off and a week later you pick it up without having to wait in those awful lineups.

Weapon_R
09-08-2004, 05:48 PM
The form is called a "schedule 2"

Ajay
09-08-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm just gonna go up to the counter and ask those peeps for a Schedule 2 and if I gotta wait in line I'll go sit in line.

t-im
09-08-2004, 06:16 PM
infonet sucks, i don't even bother going on even though i want to get into some classes, because even if the class is open, i probably won't be able to log on for another 2 hrs.. by that time the spot would be gooone

Celica4me
09-08-2004, 09:08 PM
EVERYONE STAY OFF IT!!!

I need to go on and I dont like waiting :poosie:

crazydriver
09-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Celica4me
EVERYONE STAY OFF IT!!!

I need to go on and I dont like waiting :poosie:

hey i'm waiting too.. lalala... y can't they put some NOS into infonet, lol, man they need to upgrade that thing to handle more ppl

EDM
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
infonet rules......when you dont use it during busy hours. I think its a pretty good system the only thing missing is locker reg on infonet :D

maximus
09-09-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by t-im
infonet sucks, i don't even bother going on even though i want to get into some classes, because even if the class is open, i probably won't be able to log on for another 2 hrs.. by that time the spot would be gooone

What you have to do is log on in the morning when you get up. Then it will say that you can access your records anytime after xx:xx time. Then just keep looking on the master timetable for an open spot. This way if one opens later on you can logon with no wait and grab it. You don't always have to logon to check and see if spots are open. Use master time table.

Skyline_Addict
09-09-2004, 06:15 PM
hahaha, it was a good excuse for me to miss class on the first day. i was going to go to the U to print up my schedule (which i finished 2 months ago). of course, I couldn't remember when and where my classes were, so I didn't go... :D