PDA

View Full Version : Widebody yellow right hand drive FC

BumpinTalon
09-08-2004, 06:16 PM
Saw this car in the SAIT parking lot today... holy shit. I couldn't believe some guy would drive a car like that to school. Full widebody kit, aero mirrors, rear spoiler, bright yellow (but not very shiny :)) stripped down interior, rollcage, racing seats, right hand drive, and the widest rims I have ever seen on an FC3. The rears had at least 5" lip and they were a brand I have never seen before (looked like a Ferrari emblem on the center caps). Never seen this car before but holy shit -- who's car is this?

xDiMSuMx
09-08-2004, 06:32 PM
saw that car at school last week

that thing is :eek: :bigpimp:

cookbob
09-08-2004, 06:47 PM
FC3?

Akagi Redsuns
09-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by cookbob
FC3?

He means FC3S, which is the chassis code of a 2nd Generation RX-7 (1986-1991).

That is probably Shadow's car, did a fair amount of work since I seen it last year, looks pretty good.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22201

awd
09-08-2004, 09:43 PM
yea dude, I work at Bow Valley Square and I saw that dude ripping down the street -- that car looks sick.

joseph
09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Yup saw it at SAIT on the first day of school. :thumbsup: Beautiful ride:drool: :love:

I need a car:cry:

BumpinTalon
09-08-2004, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Akagi Redsuns

He means FC3S, which is the chassis code of a 2nd Generation RX-7 (1986-1991).

That is probably Shadow's car, did a fair amount of work since I seen it last year, looks pretty good.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22201

that is the one. It's a fuckin nice car. Holy shit. I'll bring my camera tomorrow to take a nice pic :)

Kamen
09-09-2004, 12:08 AM
Whoa whoa it looks nice! Need pics!!

JAYMEZ
09-09-2004, 02:40 AM
Pics??

finboy
09-09-2004, 08:08 AM
i've seen it at mountroyal as well, pretty nice fc

civicguy2002
09-09-2004, 08:47 AM
Yeah i have seen that car up and around Strathcona in the SW. What a sweet car...

:bigpimp:

Idratherbsidewayz
09-09-2004, 05:51 PM
Pics... :confused:

shadow
09-09-2004, 10:17 PM
hehe =)
Its my hobby car and it is nowhere near done... it is my first time modding a car so unfortunately I am learning everything for the first time. It is not perfect... the paint has bubbles and ain't that shiny... but I have fun working on it. :)

here is a link to more pics.
http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34007

here is a small pic.

finboy
09-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by shadow
hehe =)
Its my hobby car and it is nowhere near done... it is my first time modding a car so unfortunately I am learning everything for the first time. It is not perfect... the paint has bubbles and ain't that shiny... but I have fun working on it. :)

here is a link to more pics.
http://www.teamfc3s.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34007

here is a small pic.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57487
:thumbsup:

Liquidinc
09-09-2004, 10:23 PM
HOLY SHIT! :eek:

dj_honda
09-09-2004, 10:29 PM
wow man. nice car!

so you mentioned buying stuff off of the yahoo japan auctions. i have wanted to buy some things off of there in the past but didnt know how to go about it. are you japanese? or do you understand the writing? and what did the seller(s) have to say about shipping it to canada? and how much did shipping parts end up costing?

thanks haha i know its OT so you can pm me if you want!

Kamen
09-09-2004, 11:08 PM
Wow nice work dude. Great stuff, I'm still searching for a white FC good enough to buy...hehe

GoChris
09-09-2004, 11:14 PM
wow, cant wait to start a project car, must be proud of seeing your own work

saiyajin
09-09-2004, 11:15 PM
the dish on those rims are yumm hah sweet ride:thumbsup:

shadow
09-09-2004, 11:23 PM
As for importing parts...
I went through a couple different companies for importation... then came across http://imports.quasarpacific.com/ I think they are a great company. Their rates are reasonable... and their first language is english which helps with any confusion... now here is the unfortunate part... the owner is shutting down and going back to Australia... I am not sure if he is coming back.

You might be able to use quasar for a month or so.. but after that you are gonna need to check around for another broker.. :cry:

As for the meet at Mount Royal... I will come if I can it is gonna run real close to my classes. =P

Good luck with your white fc search.. they are tough to find... but worth it if you do. =) especially anniversary editions... *drool*

Thanks for the compliments.. it isn't perfect but I am happy for my first try at things.

GT2NV
09-09-2004, 11:46 PM
wow man amazing work, fix up that paint and do some motor stuff and get it in some shows:bigpimp: :bigpimp:

legereandrew4
09-10-2004, 12:40 AM
those mirrors are amazing

chibi_chas
09-10-2004, 12:55 AM
canyou actually see wiht those mirrors?
very nice fc though

Hash_man
09-10-2004, 02:32 AM
Havent seen it around campus yet, but i'll keep my eyes open... looks awesome!.

shadow
09-10-2004, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by black94gt
wow man amazing work, fix up that paint and do some motor stuff and get it in some shows:bigpimp: :bigpimp:

Unfortunately I am not much of a car show person... although I do want to learn how to drift... unfortunately I was having problems with boost leak and rubbing at first... so I am a little choked that I am not ready to sign up for drift day with other beyond members. I am more likely to be a winner of the duct tape racing club than the car shows haha. =)

canyou actually see wiht those mirrors?
I can see although I do not use them too often.. cause my older car only had one mirror so I got used to shoulder checking... they are ok for checking the lanes... but you gotta set them just right... =P

ZorroAMG
09-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Hey shadow, I just tried a few mods working with automotive primer, paint and clear coat and all you need to make that more shiny is a few more coats of clear or a couple of heavier coats....it takes a few before the gloss really becomes shiny, that's why many of the good bodyshops use a base/clear one step process now.....

DEATH2000
09-10-2004, 03:13 PM
OMG, Zorro i love ur new sig soooo much. thats so kool. Do u think u could do something like that for me? I dont have photshop for a while so i cant do anything fun. but if u wanna help pm me and let me know :D :thumbsup:

Kid_a
09-11-2004, 06:21 PM
:eek: @ that dish! nice :thumbsup:

Kobe
09-11-2004, 09:24 PM
wow man, saw ur car on 17th today..looks sooo sick...:)

saiyajin
09-12-2004, 12:11 AM
the more i look at it...the more i like those rims :thumbsup:

shadow
09-16-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks. =)

They are crazy about deep dish in Japan..... I find it is one of the best places to look for them.

Thanks for the tips on painting.. I may repaint it for next year... I managed to get 15 yards of carbon fiber pretty cheap so if I can figure it out I may slowly start replacing parts.. that way I can gel coat instead of paint.... painting is tough.. I find... steep learning curve and it is the little things that kill you. I tried to make a mold of a small part the other day I am not too good at it... haha =P

finboy
09-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by shadow
Thanks. =)

They are crazy about deep dish in Japan..... I find it is one of the best places to look for them.

Thanks for the tips on painting.. I may repaint it for next year... I managed to get 15 yards of carbon fiber pretty cheap so if I can figure it out I may slowly start replacing parts.. that way I can gel coat instead of paint.... painting is tough.. I find... steep learning curve and it is the little things that kill you. I tried to make a mold of a small part the other day I am not too good at it... haha =P

a friend of mine has a carbon kit as well, he said its easier to just paint it than gel coat it, as getting all the air bubbles out of coating is a BITCH.

shadow
09-19-2004, 02:02 AM
I am going to try to paint it the first time around as well.
Supposedly it is a lot easier that way. I finished my first mold the other day... it kinda sucked... so I think I am gonna redo it.. since fiberglass is cheap anyways. Do you get a really nice smooth finish when using the paintbrush.. does it smooth out fairly nicely?