PDA

View Full Version : car stereo stolen; suspect took driver window off

domerdel
09-09-2004, 11:55 AM
According the local police department, they didn't find any finger prints, but they said, how they got in was, they took off my driverside window, and placed it back in. I don't have power windows, and I was curious on what kind of tool that they had to do such a thing because my windows were rolled up.

I've never heard of such a thing, can anyone help determine this?

1995 Civic DX 2door coupe

roopi
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Do you have power locks? I doubt they took the window out. They probably just opened the lock with something.

domerdel
09-09-2004, 12:01 PM
I don't have power locks, I figured someone used a slim jim, but the cops said they looked at the plastic lining, and it had been dramatically shifted to one side, as if someone had taken or tried to take the window out.

ryder_23
09-09-2004, 12:04 PM
^
or did a really shitty slim jim job

2002civic
09-09-2004, 12:50 PM
why would someone put the window back in?

Gonthro
09-09-2004, 12:51 PM
you must remind yourself, cops aren't mechanics. its mechanically impossible for them to remove your window without openign the door. (unless they bust it.

FiveFreshFish
09-09-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by domerdel
According the local police department, they didn't find any finger prints, but they said, how they got in was, they took off my driverside window, and placed it back in. I don't have power windows, and I was curious on what kind of tool that they had to do such a thing because my windows were rolled up.

The cops meant that it was forced out and released after they reached in to unlock the door. They crooks would rather do this than to break a window and have to sit in the fragments while removing your stereo.

This happened to me and I found the plastic window clip on the door trim was busted off. There were scratch marks on the glass where they used a screwdriver to pop the window.

chibi_chas
09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
they used a slim jim 100% . before i had a EG i locked the keys in the car eveyr 2 days . just bend the window back and opened the car with a coathanger . takes like 20 seconds to do it :D