PDA

View Full Version : TSX/TL/Legacy GT in Calgary

bigbadboss101
09-09-2004, 11:32 PM
Ok folks, I no longer have my leased 02 Maxima SE. I tested the Legacy GT, G35C, TSX, TL, and Mazda 6. I might just buy something used but am looking at leasing a new car. I am down to the TSX, TL, and LGT.

I like the power and AWD of the LGT. It's rare, handles well, but the interior is not as nice.

TSX is nice, and C&D liked it over a few others. I wish it had more ponies.

TL is cool, lot of neat gadgets, powerful. Have to get used to the clutch and steering is not as tight.

I have tested these 3 times each. Didn't push too hard.

Now... is Calgary Subaru > Centaur, and Silverhill > NW Acura?

BTW, if you or others have purchased one of these, PM me with your experiences. I want to get the best deal ;-)

Will@STRD
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
TL if you plan to keep it stock. Powerful, handle well and high class.

If you plan to Mod the car then TSX. Lots of stuff you can do to it.

AWD is awesome for winter, but gas... & also reliabity on Subaru...

Go to Silverhill and talk to Rick
He knows what he is talking about

That.Guy.S30
09-09-2004, 11:44 PM
if you do get a LGT.. pm me, i think i can hook you up with a salesman that can make you a good offer.

on another note, they recently had a test in car and driver with the Audi 1.8t a4, the LGT, Acura TSX, and the volvo(forgot model)
the results came down to this audi last place, then the LGT, Volvo and the Acura came out on top. and if you do get the LGT get rid of those crappy asss re92's. they suck lol. ask any subaru owner.

t-im
09-10-2004, 12:08 AM
don't bother with NW Acura..

Altezza
09-10-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Will@STRD
Go to Silverhill and talk to Rick
He knows what he is talking about

Originally posted by t-im
don't bother with NW Acura..

:werd: :werd:

How did you like your Maxima? If you're looking for a similar type car, the TL would be the best match out of what you've narrowed down. If you're looking for something a little bit more tossable, go with the TSX. The LGT is decent for power and appearance, has AWD, but in general lacks in refinement compared to the Acuras (despite some of the QC probs I've heard about in the TSX). A co-worker of mine had a 2001 (or maybe 02) Maxima SE and he looked at the TSX, TL, and G35. He ended up with a new Maxima SE.

bigbadboss101
09-10-2004, 05:33 AM
I have done lot of research on the web, and considered the TSX, TL, and LGT. Actually we have a deal on the LGT and I am awaiting my financial stuff to go thru. Have $1000 deposit but I can back out and look at other cars. TSX is good bang for the bucks, but I might want more power even though it's very tossible. The weakness on the TSX is power, on the TL is torque steer, numb feel, and the clutch has to be get used to. On the LGT it's the lack of HID, homelink, nice stereo, steering wheel controls, memory seats etc.

I might go and test each for the 4th time.

chibi_chas
09-10-2004, 09:08 AM
what abou the G35C???

max_boost
09-10-2004, 10:20 AM
What about the 330?!?! Low lease rates 3.3% and best in its class:D

awd
09-10-2004, 10:36 AM
If I was looking for something in this class I would be comparing the TSX and the LGT.

TSX - HIDs, 6spd, Navigation system, but lacks the power of the LGT.

Legacy GT - most power of the group (250 hp/250 tq) and AWD. This is a 13.9sec 1/4 mile car at stock. But, lacks the goodies of these other near luxury cars. And, I really wish Subaru would stop spec'ing their cars with those shitass RE92s, worst tire in any condition.

I think the TSX provides a better "all-around" package, but IMHO -- I demand AWD w/ power so the choice would be easy for me in this price range: STi.

awd
09-10-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Now... is Calgary Subaru > Centaur

SOC is much better than Centaur. But if I had my choice I would take my car to Rally Subaru in Deadmonton -- one of the best Subby dealerships in the country.

20incheyes
09-10-2004, 10:49 AM
I have an 03 C230 and 02 TL, I enjoy the TL and think you will really enjoy the new one over the TSX and LGT.

But if you like the TSX size, go get yourself the 05 MB C230 Sports Sedan, very nice chassis, and with ESP and rear wheel drive it really outhandles the Acura in snow, highway driving, and day to day by alot!!! It will be priced b/w the TL and TSX.

enjoy the car search

SI-vic
09-10-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
if you do get a LGT.. pm me, i think i can hook you up with a salesman that can make you a good offer.

on another note, they recently had a test in car and driver with the Audi 1.8t a4, the LGT, Acura TSX, and the volvo(forgot model)
the results came down to this audi last place, then the LGT, Volvo and the Acura came out on top. and if you do get the LGT get rid of those crappy asss re92's. they suck lol. ask any subaru owner.

:cry:
thanks for trying to convince me to by the LGT. haha
bastard what a friend you are haha jk

SilverRex
09-10-2004, 11:55 AM
I drive an acura TSX PWP

what do you want to know?

if you are going with the TSX, goto silverhill
also ask them to throw in the entire bodykit...

trust me, they can do it.. just tell them, NW acura is throwing in the kit for the sake of your business. and they want to compete they will do it.

if your getting the new TL, get the steel grey 19" rims I think they are 19s" I saw one on a black TL the other day during my oil change. and I was like :eek:

PS: I can attest to those RE92, they are KRAP. never have I Driven such poor tires in my life. they were on my celica GT, my subaru WRX, they simply sucked...

bigbadboss101
09-10-2004, 04:13 PM
i want to go home and test some cars. AM currently out of town for business.