PDA

View Full Version : mrc or sait?

import_illusion
09-10-2004, 02:02 AM
so is sait better or mrc better for business or any other programs??

ryder_23
09-10-2004, 02:18 AM
Research it man Honestly, since i goto mt royal, i'll tell you i like the buisness program there, and all the other courses i take. But a sait student will tell you opposite. If your still in highschoool, talk to guidence councellor and find out detailed info on all the programs you wanna know about. It all depends what you wanna take, they both have excellent buisness schools. SAIT has alot of good technology type courses, petrolium engineering etc... They both have there specialties, just depends what you wanna take. Do research on say, if you wanna take buisness, which college has good university transfer, which school might offer university degrees etc...(From what i've heard from profs, mt royal is trying to be able to offer university degrees in the next few years, dont quote me on that), ...it all depends on what you wanna take, each school has its own specifics.

JAYMEZ
09-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I go to MRC , I think the bussiness program is better , I like the atmosphere and the building is really nice... But like Jaret said , we are biased

2002civic
09-10-2004, 09:36 AM
at least in mrc u can transer to u of c, im in leth right now for management an dif you can get in ehre and wanna move id recomend it (assumign u cant get into u of c)

Melinda
09-10-2004, 09:45 AM
For SAIT's business program you can do 2 years there and then another 2 years on the SAIT campus but doing correspondance to U of L..so either way you can transfer to a university to finish up

ApexDrift
09-10-2004, 11:47 AM
i go to sait... and i will tell you to go to MRC!! sait has a very bureaucratic system, its a stressful process adding and withdrawing classes, you have to walk here and sign this and walk there and get this signed blah blah blah... at MRC you add online and drop online very easy! parking is horrible at sait, food is bad too... oh yeah SAIT = sausage party! theres alot more potential at MRC

just my 2cents

marq-jt
09-10-2004, 11:50 AM
hmmm now i feel liek changeing my mond about going to sait......:dunno:

403Gemini
09-10-2004, 11:50 AM
mount royal has HOT ASSES EVERYWHERE

*cough* and the education portion aint to bad :thumbsup:

Chester
09-10-2004, 11:56 AM
hot girls:werd: even in my class right now:drool:

Mr_John
09-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Chester
hot girls:werd: even in my class right now:drool:

haha there's at least 1 hot girl in EVERY class!
i love school.

ryder_23
09-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Yes this is also true. Which isnt to bad considering classes are under 30 most of the time

ApexDrift
09-22-2004, 03:31 PM
so which school did you choose!?.... i hope your at MRC i saw the "fresh meat!" there this year... and DAMN it looks great!

awd
09-24-2004, 10:49 AM
MRC > SAIT

JAYMEZ
09-24-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by awd
MRC > SAIT

:werd: :rofl:

colinderksen
09-26-2004, 10:21 PM
I'm in business at MRC. I like it and there are always hot chicks around.:thumbsup:

Russo
09-27-2004, 02:39 PM
i m planning to go to MRC too, i was just wandering what courses i need to transfer to UofC and whats the GPA that i need?? and what courses should i take to boost my GPA :)) thx in advance

Xtrema
09-27-2004, 09:37 PM
For business, in Calgary, order goes:

U of C
MRC
SAIT

Of course $$$ amount also share the same rank.

SAIT is a total sausage party (been there), business is the only area with chicks.

MRC = hot chicks

U of C = Lesbians (well, not that bad but not as good as MRC)

20incheyes
09-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I didn't go to either of these schools but hear MRC is doing some major development work and will soon be the 2nd Univ. in Calgary. Currently they still hand out quite a few bachelors, they have that brand new business building (right???), and did we have to mention hot pootang everywhere. And no I never go there to meet some nice ladies. ;)

Oh and development also means more students and an even greater variety of hotties are coming.....:D

SI-vic
09-27-2004, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Russo
i m planning to go to MRC too, i was just wandering what courses i need to transfer to UofC and whats the GPA that i need?? and what courses should i take to boost my GPA :)) thx in advance

i think it really depends in what you major in....

GreyFox
09-28-2004, 12:02 PM
I'm currently going to SAIT right now, and I'm starting to think that I should've looked into mount royal a little bit more. Thing about that is that you can transfer to U of C, which I heard has an extrememly good business program. On the pro side of SAIT though, you get laptops and its alot more technologically advanced, which could give you an edge over other people in the real world.

And as far as girls go...SAIT is a huge sausage fest...EXCEPT for business administration. I've just got to say wow :eek: There is a minimum of 3 extremely hot girls in every single class, and the rest of them are pretty above or around average. Not too many azn girls though, if thats what your looking for haha

import_illusion
10-12-2004, 12:08 AM
so mrc is better?

SI-vic
10-12-2004, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by import_illusion
so mrc is better?

you dont read well or something?
maybe chinook college is best for YOU

GucciBoy
10-16-2004, 08:49 PM
I agree with a couple posters. Im first year in Sait this year and really doubting it. Done 7 weeks now, and should have looked into MRC more. My course is too technical and I want to get creative.

I dont know anyone yet, so feel free to PM me or add me on msn. Could hang out with more peeps during lunch or breaks.

It sucks :rolleyes:

shadow
10-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Sait= Cold cut you learn EXACTLY what you need for business... no art classes no funky social history classes.. you are on a mission... go there... learn what you need to know... get a job.. and be good at it.. bonus is you can apply everything that you learn... downside.. not really fun coarses.

Sait offers Multi-degree programs with business administration.
I will be getting a business admin diploma with a international business administration degree. I may go multi degree if it is ok at lethbridge university. You can also get degrees at some really good U.S. institutions I believe but I do not have that kind of cash to toss away.

I cannot give a end all opinion on mrc cause I do not go there.

I went to the UofC unfortunately from personal experiance I do not rate them well.. plus the theatres of 150+ students they do not care about you.. I switched from UofC to sait for a more applied program.

As for the comment that sait is a sausage fest... wellll that depends on your coarses... if you are in mechanics well of coarse there are no chicks... but if you are in business admin... *drools*.. seems ok to me..

I feel the which is better... cannot realistically be answered... they are both different... you gotta research it..

HuMz
10-18-2004, 10:41 PM
yeah im in bus adm as sait right now and in terms of post-diploma your not limited at all, and yeah i guarantee thers almost as many fine women in saits business as there is at Mrc, the other thing you gotta consider is location, for me livin in the south and it not worth it to drive to sait everyday you have ctrain access, i could be wrong but i dont think you can get to mrc off the train

Godfuader
10-25-2004, 08:26 PM
Definately MRC now. With the recent $5,000,000 private donation and heavy gov't funding, MRC has one of the better business programs. The facility is amazing and brand new. The class sizes are really small and the Work Experience Dep't is very helpful. Its rumored that MRC might be getting a University Status real soon too.

on the contrary, with so much eye candy around every corner it is VERY distracting to concentrate. You cant piss off any profs cuz there are the same profs that you would deal with for 4 years. You gotta suck up alot!

On the overall, facility, faculty, women, and better future opportunities....MRC:thumbsup:

my 2c