PDA

View Full Version : Compustar

Ajay
11-13-2002, 11:02 PM
S'up?! I'm curious to know who has the Compustar system and how they like it?!

I wanna get it for my car (98 Civic DX HB) before I start to do anything major to it. Learned from my last vehicle was a wise idea to put in an alarm before doing stereo mods! Anyways....just curious to know who has it and what they like about it and also who I should go to in Calgary for the best deal!

sillysilvia
11-14-2002, 12:33 AM
I love it ! Check out Impressions they have it for like $499 installed, they did mine and it works awesome.

M32003
11-14-2002, 05:12 PM
I would be VERY careful where you go. Do your research before going somewhere. There are good installers in the city, but there are also not so good ones.
Autodream is very good, they have the compustars

choweyt3t4
11-14-2002, 06:44 PM
win from autodream did mine i was very happy with his service,ive had no prbolems with it

boi-alien
11-14-2002, 06:49 PM
go to autodream

95acc
11-14-2002, 07:27 PM
Come see me at Impressions and we can hook you up, I have been installing in calgary for about 6 years here and a few years in ontario as well.I have done alot of Compustars and have one in my own car they are great. Best price in town.
Paul

Ajay
11-14-2002, 07:29 PM
How much for the Compustar unit and installation?

CRXguy
11-14-2002, 07:46 PM
My aunt got her's done for $500, including install and tax in. I'm prolly in need of one pretty soon, so I'll see what kind of prices I can get if we have 3 or more buyers.:thumbsup:

HRD2PLZ
11-14-2002, 08:27 PM
I got mine done at Autodream too. I'm happy with it :)

sillysilvia
11-14-2002, 09:21 PM
Trust me go to Impressions Paul has 6 years of exp. and Rob's been installing for like 12 years. I heard the autodream guy only does good work for his friends, and the Rookie there does all the rest.

GT2NV
11-14-2002, 10:06 PM
haha i love the name ,,above :thumbsup:

FN49
11-14-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by sillysilvia
I heard the autodream guy only does good work for his friends, and the Rookie there does all the rest.

You heard wrong.

No.not.again
11-15-2002, 12:07 PM
I heard the autodream guy only does good work for his friends, and the Rookie there does all the rest.

edited by rage2 - don't need assumptions and accusations here.

from moderator god himself, rage2

BKS8
11-15-2002, 12:58 PM
how much are you charging, 95 acc?

M32003
11-15-2002, 02:06 PM
keep in mind, don't look at price only, remember you get what you pay for

Autodream
11-15-2002, 03:39 PM
as I stated in other forums how I install in a $1000 car will be the same as a $40K vehicle. as compustar goes, any one come to AutoDream and said they are from Beyond as of today will have it for $495 installed! and if you want to see the work, we can take you to the back and show you what we did to your car before we put your car together.

Originally posted by sillysilvia
Trust me go to Impressions Paul has 6 years of exp. and Rob's been installing for like 12 years. I heard the autodream guy only does good work for his friends, and the Rookie there does all the rest.

Sillysilvia, if you like Impressions that is good, but I would appreciate it if you wouldn't talk about my shop unless you have something to back up your accusations with. And for the record we do not take shots at anyone. Thanks.

impressive
11-15-2002, 05:47 PM
I suggest you shop around, and ask to see what's going on in the shops we are doing 6-9 starters a day and will gladly show you how our work is done. I believe you should form an opinion for yourself, theres alot of people who like to take shots at us, Autodream and the others, Nguyen is a very good installer as are the guys at my shop, I don't believe in the statement " You get what you pay for" because the smaller shops offer a better price to promote more business, we also have lower overhead, and more personalized service, just because one guy forms an opinion of Auto dream or Impressions cause he didn't feel he was getting the Royal treatment or somebody told him that shop was shitty doesn't mean this will be the way you feel. Live your life through your own eyes and expieriences not others.

95acc
11-15-2002, 07:23 PM
They are special for $499 installed and if the door locks are intergraded at the same time it is only $35. I agree with above that you can shop where you like but don'tcut down other shops on these forums all it does is piss everyone off. But i do appreciate all of the props, thanks guys:clap:

Autodream
11-16-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
S'up?! I'm curious to know who has the Compustar system and how they like it?!

I wanna get it for my car (98 Civic DX HB) before I start to do anything major to it. Learned from my last vehicle was a wise idea to put in an alarm before doing stereo mods! Anyways....just curious to know who has it and what they like about it and also who I should go to in Calgary for the best deal!

you can shop around there are more shops out there then just AutoDream and Impressions. just don't listen to the saleman alone, listen to you friends. see what they have to say about the product and the service. I don't want to trick you to come to my store then piss you off, I want you to come in as your own will.

I guess my bad habit is that I still want to have a life after work too, so I hange out with the guys from other stores like Nick Cuong from autozeal, greg from contemporary and so on, so I don't take shots at any one.

Ajay
11-24-2002, 05:49 PM
I've been shopping around ALOT lately cause I wanted to see who has the best alarm/starter paging unit.

Went to Soundsaround yesterday and they were telling me about a unit called Ultrastart, went to Impressions to check out the Compustar and the dude there told me they're trying to get outta Compustar cause too too many problems with it. Said something like 6 out of every 10 they sell come back with problems. Also checked out the Viper 700 Series but unfortanetly that won't work with my manual transmission car.

The guy at Visions who I talked to about the Viper gave me some useful information about the Compustar...he has it in his car and even gave me and my buddy a demonstration with his own car. I still think I'm going to go with the Compustar but as far as I know in Calgary there's only Impressions, Auto Temp, and Autodream that deal with the Compustar.

Where is Autodream anyway?! I've had so many conflicting ideas thrown at me regarding two way paging alarm/starters and I want to check out Autodream as well. I'de probably go with the Viper but it won't work with my car....and that sucks major ass!!!

95acc
11-24-2002, 07:25 PM
The unit we would have shown you is the exact same unit as the Compustar without paying for the name, all they did was chane the remote. They worked out a few of the bugs as well. Come talk to dave he just put the "other" one in his civic. No problems with it.

shadowz
11-25-2002, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Ajay

Where is Autodream anyway?! I've had so many conflicting ideas thrown at me regarding two way paging alarm/starters and I want to check out Autodream as well. I'de probably go with the Viper but it won't work with my car....and that sucks major ass!!!

Check out www.autodream.ca

Autodream
11-25-2002, 10:27 PM
it at #167 5120 47st NE. east of north Tel on mcknight Blvd. and 47 st

sillysilvia
11-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Impressions has way better selection and price you won't be disappointed!!

12V
12-18-2002, 11:14 PM
I'm an Installer, I can help you out, E mail me!

12V
12-18-2002, 11:20 PM
Im an installer, I can get you the deal

missblondie
01-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Dont buy the ultra start if you have the option. I had one in my car for a month and had to take it out. I went through 4 batteries in that month, and twice it put my car in a total lock down so I had to pull the wires on the device. It looks pretty neat, but it sucks... Just a word of warning.

Light_Speed
01-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by 12V
I'm an Installer, I can help you out, E mail me!
Hey if u can hook up a better deal then autodream pm me
i need 2 of them ASAP

Light_Speed
01-07-2003, 11:16 PM
Theres this place called select auto they have compustar there dont no bout the price but heard from friends that they have good deals there so check it out
its by erin woods on 52st

boi-alien
01-08-2003, 04:28 AM
hey sr20det can u still do the compustar for $495 ?

shadowz
01-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Nguyen just said yes its still on for that price, you just talked to him not too long ago homie

AzN_SoL
01-08-2003, 06:00 PM
yea.. ok .. went to impressions.. asked for quote on Compustar... they gave me one.. and i got it installed... yea... it's not a compustar.. Artic Start is the name... havnt even heard of it.. but anyways.. paid like 8bills or more.. hmmm...how much of a sucker am i..

jaylo
01-08-2003, 07:22 PM
Compustar = Autodream