PDA

View Full Version : Plymouth Neon

Berlitz
09-10-2004, 09:52 PM
I am 16 and Live in Canada. I just was asked to put on a friends "cherry bomb" exhaust for her. As you know with the mufflers for the plymouth neons they go horizontally across the back of the car. I put it straight out the back, It stuck out a bit and nearly fell off due to lack of inside clamps (i kinda cut it to many times:burnout:) so anyways we went to a muffler shop together, and he put it back across the back again. My question after all that rambling is, As you know "blue bottle" mufflers rely on vibration of lower pitch bouncing through that pipe hiting the Higher pictched vibration coliding.
My way was
| |
| |
^
(cherry
bomb
muffler)
V

While the guy did it
| |
| |
\ \____________
`-- cherry muffler-\ \
\ \
Now with all those curves and turns in it, do you lose precious sound vibrations or is it better that way, PLease get back to me.
Tony

Chester
09-10-2004, 10:16 PM
Lose precious sound vibrations:confused:
Why would you want a loud neon, if anything I wouldn't want to be noticed driving a neon

Tilly
09-11-2004, 11:02 AM
you probably don't lose too much sound from just the bends, but bends in the exhaust piping are rumoured to cut down on total power from an exhaust upgrade - usually due to the crimpled bends. anyways, i doubt it cuts down on the sound, so don't worry about having the opportunity to go louder.

finboy
09-11-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Chester
Why would you want a loud neon, if anything I wouldn't want to be noticed driving a neon

:werd: :werd: :werd:

PGTze
09-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Chester

BURN!:rofl:

Berlitz
09-13-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok since it is a girl who drives it, I think she would want to be noticed, plus all of dont have 50k to buy porsche 911 or 928's for the matter of fact, with 5k to spend on a car, its the cheapest way to go, because those ricers really suck for parts :)

finboy
09-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Berlitz
Ok since it is a girl who drives it, I think she would want to be noticed, plus all of dont have 50k to buy porsche 911 or 928's for the matter of fact, with 5k to spend on a car, its the cheapest way to go, because those ricers really suck for parts :)

its a neon with a cherry bomb, it IS rice

habsfan
09-13-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by finboy

its a neon with a cherry bomb, it IS rice

dont foget that kickass racing stripe :eek: :burnout:

statick
09-13-2004, 08:35 PM
lol, strait up rice.....and for 5 g's u can get some better cars IMO

ZorroAMG
09-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Wow, we beyonders sure are assholes to newbs haha:rofl: