PDA

View Full Version : ugh!

brandon
09-10-2004, 11:01 PM
Ok here is my rant!

My car was in an accident about 2 months ago, I was rear ended by an F-150 into a Sebring! there was an extensive amount of damage to my car (2003 Honda Civic SiR) I just got it out of the shop tonight at about 5:00 and I was driving along glenmore and a lady in a minivan started to merge into my lane! (the far left lane) so i honked and tried to slow down and she slowed down too! and she ended up running me off into the curb! she didnt hit me but she ran me into a curb. So I caught up to her driving and told her to pull over and i tried for about 2 kilometers and she wouldnt pull over! so I took down her license plate and phoned the police. Both rims on my left hand side are badly damaged (will need replacing cant be fixed) they are 17 inch konig heliums and the police said that its not a hit in run since she didnt hit me so they told me to file a complaint on monday (not friday because they are so busy tonight) and I will have to take her to small claims court and what not. So i said ok fine! but now do I have to take it through my insurance to get her to pay for my new ones? or do i just go and buy new ones and fight her in court for the money?.

Anyone every delt with anything like this before?

Ben
09-10-2004, 11:03 PM
Dude, thats totally rough man!

Dont claim with insurance yet or buy anything yet, get EVERYTHING straightened out on monday and get everything sorted out FIRST before you call your insurance to do anything or go buying anything.

The police will know the proper procedure for you to follow on monday.

roopi
09-11-2004, 12:28 AM
It's not worth going through insurance for 2 rims. You'll have to cover the deductable and most likely it will increase after a claim.

Khyron
09-11-2004, 12:44 AM
And you CAN win this, it's just hard. My sister in law got in an accident when someone ran her off the road because someone else had a hood fly off. No one hit anyone but the guy who veered into her lane ended up paying for the damage (well, his insurance did).

Do you have any witnesses? Cause if she lies and says she has no idea what you're talking about you're kind of sol.

Khyron

403Gemini
09-11-2004, 01:29 AM
yea i was with him :rolleyes:

bhsmith u owe me $50 if i testify to that ;) haha j/k

you can win this like khyron said , gunna be tuff tho cause essentially its her word vs yours

statick
09-11-2004, 08:16 AM
shitty deal homes...good luck with all the court business

brandon
09-11-2004, 09:59 AM
The only witness's I have are the people who were in my car. Would they count? or would the judge overlook them because they are my freinds?

badseed
09-11-2004, 10:07 AM
That sucks hard man! Sorry to hear but like mentioned above your word vs hers. Write down everything you remember and even take some pictures of the area and damage to your ride.

dirty_magic
09-11-2004, 10:31 AM
small claims is such a hassle, so tedious, and then even when you get your judgment, collecting cash is another thing. YOull have to go to court again so you can garnishee her wages. Ive been working on one for so long that Ive finally just handed it over to a collection agency, cause this dude that hit me is MIA.

I feel your pain, good luck.

Khyron
09-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by bhsmith
The only witness's I have are the people who were in my car. Would they count? or would the judge overlook them because they are my freinds?

They take it into account, but it's not ignored for sure. Wives and girlfriends are the worst for credibility. File the report and do what the cops say and don't give up when they give you piles of paperwork. And don't lie or exagerate - if you really have witnesses you don't need to and the cops will sniff it out.

Khyron