PDA

View Full Version : K26 Turbo Help

AllGoNoShow
09-11-2004, 10:22 PM
I just got a KKK k26 turbo for my buddies Civic turbo project, Im looking for some specs of it and if anyone knows how to make like a custom manifold or has information/websites for it, that would be a great help, thanks.

so far I've got a few things ready, I know I need to make an oil return lien in the oilpan, I got a new header for when I get this all figured out just incase I mess up on a few headers.

Im going to try and take some good pics and get the model #'s and spec #'s so if someoen can help me find the information for it thatd be great.

djfob
09-11-2004, 11:09 PM
not for a Honda but gives you an idea of what's involved

http://www.sdsefi.com/techheader.htm

Originally posted by AllGoNoShow

so far I've got a few things ready, I know I need to make an oil return lien in the oilpan, I got a new header for when I get this all figured out just incase I mess up on a few headers.

What do you mean by messing up your header?

AllGoNoShow
09-11-2004, 11:30 PM
Well my buddy is gunna build it for me and he has a good track record of fucking shit p the first time ;)

AllGoNoShow
09-11-2004, 11:31 PM
btw thanks for the link, itll be a big help!

AllGoNoShow
09-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Ok so we decided on custom header, I got the cooling of the turbo down pretty good. now dont flame me cause im a turbo newb but do I need a BOV and a wastegate or just a BOV? thanks

also anyone know where to get custom piping in calgary with U bends, maybe even some think metal for the header base, thanks again

///M3
09-13-2004, 11:05 PM
there should be a wastegate in the turbo itself. but if your runnin lots of boost, id go with an external wastagte, and BOV. correct me if im wrong.

AllGoNoShow
09-13-2004, 11:32 PM
Well the turbo I got came off a SAAb and the wastegate is suppsoed mounted on the part of the header which I didnt look at :D so If I need one then Ima buy a better one but I dont think this turbo has an internal wastegate, basically if its possible, im looking to only use a BOV, if possibly, but Im not sure.

djfob
09-13-2004, 11:55 PM
You can't go without a wastegate. I guess you could but there would be nothing that controls the amount of boost you will be running. You can get u bends at Mopac or Grand Prix Automotives. As for weld L's for the mani I have no clue where you can get those.:dunno:

AllGoNoShow
09-14-2004, 12:12 AM
my buddy is looking for some thinker metal then what rona has for the beader base and turbo flange, I gotta hit up mopac anywyas so Ill check that out. so basically your saying without a wastegate, it wont work properly? Whats a good adjustable wastegate or how would I control the mount of boost with a boost controller from the inside of the car.

legendboy
09-14-2004, 08:18 AM
I can supply you with the manifold peices. Let me know exactly what you need, flanges included.

pressure_ratio
09-14-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by ///M3
there should be a wastegate in the turbo itself. but if your runnin lots of boost, id go with an external wastagte, and BOV. correct me if im wrong.
the 3k has an external gate ,go to pick your part and pull off an audi,they're good wastegates and flow well.BTW,just so you know the fittings on these turbos(for water and oil) are metric and may be a little tough to find

pressure_ratio
09-14-2004, 10:44 PM
reading a little further into this thread it looks like you need to do a little more research into your project,yes you MUST have a wastegate to control your boost,if it came off a saab(are you sure about that?I've only seen garret t3's and schwitzer on saabs)you need that internal wastegate housing or a complete housing off a porsche or audi.Go to metal supermarkets or calgary metal for your flange material,it has to be at least 1/2 " thick.

AllGoNoShow
09-15-2004, 12:37 AM
k one my bad, not SAAB, Audi, long night, Audi 5000 to be exact.

Originally posted by pressure_ratio
reading a little further into this thread it looks like you need to do a little more research into your project

NO SHIT YOU FUCKIGN MORON THANKS FOR POINTING OUT THE OBVEOUS

AllGoNoShow
09-15-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by legendboy
I can supply you with the manifold peices. Let me know exactly what you need, flanges included.

You have a flange for the K26? that would save me some time, Im looking for a few u bends and the think metal plateing I need for header bae and flange base. Lemme know whatcha got.

ex1z7
09-15-2004, 08:21 AM
now dont flame me cause im a turbo newb but....

.....You don't want to get flamed yet you flame others who are trying to give you some advise? .... :confused:

By research he means look at (i think) Turbo kits pre-built already, universal kits are a good thing to look at first because they'll contain everything... usually.. Look at a few people who have done turbo's and make the list of mods. such as "HKS BOV" "T88 Turbo" "Hahn FMIC" "Nology spark plugs" etc. etc. - find out everything you need for the kit and how to do it, spend some time at a garage where they do turbo applications , or around people who turbocharge cars to get a better idea of how everything fits together and works.

Or when in doubt, watch Fast and the Furious :rofl:

pressure_ratio
09-15-2004, 08:36 PM
k one my bad, not SAAB, Audi, long night, Audi 5000 to be exact.

Who's the moron here.that wasn't meant to be an insult,you're the guy who went to revy looking for material,and doesn't even know tha difference between a bov and wastewgate.Good luck,have fun and a big FU to you:thumbsdow

AllGoNoShow
09-15-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by pressure_ratio

Who's the moron here.that wasn't meant to be an insult,you're the guy who went to revy looking for material,and doesn't even know tha difference between a bov and wastewgate.Good luck,have fun and a big FU to you:thumbsdow

I was at revy for work and stopped and looked at the raw metal they had, DUH, i didnt drive down there jsut to see what they had, like wtf. I know a little bit of the differences between a BOV and a wastegate, but that still doesn't help me with the fact that I asked if I need both or could go with just the one moron.

BAD240S13
09-16-2004, 03:36 AM
you guys are all butthurt!! honda drivers arguing thats funny!!!!

AllGoNoShow
09-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by BAD240S13

too bad I dont drive a honda, HAha dumbass!!

pressure_ratio
09-18-2004, 01:53 PM
Drive a honda???:dunno:

mdntepoet
09-19-2004, 10:22 PM
if you drove with only a blow off valve and no wastegate the turbo would surge up to an insanely high shaft speed and fling apart like a compression grenade.

a wastegate limits boost pressure by limiting turbine speed.

a blow off valve's main purpose is to allow the turbo to keep spinning (recircing or blowing off it's flow) when the throttle is closed durring shifts or brief let offs.
this helps response when the next gear is engaged.

you do not need a blow off valve, but they do help reduce lost time after a shift considerably

you MUST run a wastegate.... or have deep pockets and a garage full of turbos...

good luck finding info on K26.. it's hard to find...
I do have a flow map though if you need it..

Zero102
09-22-2004, 07:40 PM
Hmm, K26's were run on Porsche 944's, well at least K26/6's and K26/8's were. Try asking on Rennlist for some K26 info?

Inthered
09-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by BAD240S13

you drive a festiva and both of them don't drive honda's. hahaha - you owned yourself.

as for AllRiceNoBrains: if you want to start calling people retards, do it in pm's. This is not tolerated in this forum! pressure_ratio simply told you to do some research and you blew up at him. :thumbsdow Maybe you should figure out on your own what the FUCK you need!

finboy
09-23-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Inthered

you drive a festiva and both of them don't drive honda's. hahaha - you owned yourself.

as for AllRiceNoBrains: if you want to start calling people retards, do it in pm's. This is not tolerated in this forum! pressure_ratio simply told you to do some research and you blew up at him. :thumbsdow Maybe you should figure out on your own what the FUCK you need!

"and if you don't known, now you know"

way to clear up the thread man :thumbsup:

illeagle
09-23-2004, 06:21 PM
If you need the factory Audi external wategate PM me..

h22aseller
09-27-2004, 08:00 PM
yo man, the thing is you came here asking for help, and it is painfully obvious that you need it. pressure_ratio tried to help you out, and actually gave you some good info before he told you to research a little more. IMO, if you guys are going to go ahead with this you should at least know what it is you are going to need and what exactly each component does. I hope you have given some thought to how you are going to handle the fuel requirements. Personally I think that you are a little defensive when it comes down to it all. If you want you can come and take a look at my car and i'll go over all the different bits that need or should be in place in an aftermarket turbo'd car so that maybe you'll have a better idea what is all going on. just a suggestion, but im sure you'll tell me to shove my help up my ass. but if not, pm me

AllGoNoShow
10-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Inthered

1. I am doing research, am I not, duh
2. What the hell are u, u aint a mod, let them inforce what they want.
3. How about you stfu newb

rage2
10-03-2004, 10:42 AM
And with that, the thread is closed. AllGoNoShow, you started attacking people, so you're the ass here. Keep it up and you'll be banned. If you still want help, start a new thread and learn to behave.