PDA

View Full Version : Brakestand

Emopup
09-12-2004, 11:46 AM
I need help . . my car is not to powerful but i wanna learn to do a breakstand it is a 5 speed manual tranny . . . only way i have found is to rev it up to about 5000 and pop the clutch it stays in spot for about 2 seconds squeeling then it takes off . . how can i get it to stay in place?? i saw a post saying put e-break on all the way?? it is FWD btw thanx

cman
09-12-2004, 11:48 AM
ebrake up will lock up your rear wheels creating more resistance, so a longer burnout. but once the car starts moving the wheels will start to drag causing flat spots and potential bulges.

EK 2.0
09-12-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Emopup
I need help . . my car is not to powerful but i wanna learn to do a breakstand it is a 5 speed manual tranny . . . only way i have found is to rev it up to about 5000 and pop the clutch it stays in spot for about 2 seconds squeeling then it takes off . . how can i get it to stay in place?? i saw a post saying put e-break on all the way?? it is FWD btw thanx

well...what you wanna do is this...

Ask your parents to meet you out in the street...bring your lil sister to...she's good for ballast...open your trunk and have your parents hold the car back...CRANK the parking brake as tightly as you can...as your lil sister to get into the trunk as you add some weight to the back to lighten up the front bias...

then...are you ready...you sure??...ok here it goes...

place the car in first gear...begin to rev it up...rev it good now you hear...then...SLOWLY begin to let up on the clutch...as you feel the engagement point...saide step that mother...hold on tight...and then grab second...if your parents are doing their job...you should be able to grab third as well and still be stationary...

enjoy man and let us know how it works out for you...

Rockski
09-12-2004, 12:11 PM
^^^ haha wonderfull man

GTS Jeff
09-12-2004, 12:13 PM
play some of that terrible emo music really loud at the same time. itll make everyone hate you. then u will do better brakestands.

statick
09-12-2004, 12:24 PM
wut car u drive emopup ?

Emopup
09-12-2004, 01:27 PM
He he i actually don't listen to emo anymore just kept the name
it is a 99 cavalier 2 door i am not sure about the engine (not the most powerful thing out there but it can hold it's own) . . so your saying once i start to move i better be realesing the e-brake??

and as for people holding the car back my rents would kill me lol

but thanx for the tips and if you have any others pls tell

P.S (once again as it says i am a noob) side step meaning jsut off the clutch or onto the break right after ??

Team_Mclaren
09-12-2004, 01:33 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I KNEW IT!!! its a J-BODY!!!:rofl: :rofl:

Emopup
09-12-2004, 01:34 PM
J-body??

EK 2.0
09-12-2004, 02:03 PM
He he i actually don't listen to emo anymore just kept the name
it is a 99 cavalier 2 door i am not sure about the engine (not the most powerful thing out there but it can hold it's own) . . so your saying once i start to move i better be realesing the e-brake??

and as for people holding the car back my rents would kill me lol

but thanx for the tips and if you have any others pls tell

P.S (once again as it says i am a noob) side step meaning jsut off the clutch or onto the break right after ??

you should REALLY involve your parents...its a great way to bond together as a family...I mean a family that does burnouts together...yes, thats right...stays together...

J-body??

the chassis desgination for the Cavaliers and Sunfires...

Emopup
09-12-2004, 05:03 PM
LOL nice try but if my parents ever caught me doing a burnout they would kill me no sarcasm lol

kwikshifter
09-12-2004, 05:33 PM
It's kind of ironic that it's a j-body.

If your parents would be upset with a burnout, please call the dealer and price a clutch replacement.

Does Mommy have that in the cookie jar? If so, knock yourself out.

Maybe you should have to pass an IQ test for a driver's licence.

fast95pony
09-12-2004, 05:51 PM
Here's another tip. It works best in your own driveway.
Gently roll up the driveway til your front bumber is touching the garage door.Then rev the engine to redline and sidestep the clutch.You should be good for a 10 minute burnout.You will amaze your friends and parents.I'm sure your parents won't mind....
The ensuing fire will also save your parents buying a new clutch.
:thumbsup:

habsfan
09-12-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by fast95pony
Here's another tip. It works best in your own driveway.
Gently roll up the driveway til your front bumber is touching the garage door.Then rev the engine to redline and sidestep the clutch.You should be good for a 10 minute burnout.You will amaze your friends and parents.I'm sure your parents won't mind....
The ensuing fire will also save your parents buying a new clutch.

another way to use your house like this is to strap a chain or big thick rope to your rear bumper and the other end to a support pillar in your garage, you dont even have to clutch drop this one if you dont want to, just pull away normally and you'll do a huge burnout :burnout: :burnout:

Emopup
09-12-2004, 06:02 PM
i am confused kwik . . . does it beeind a j-body mean this will wreck my clutch?? and why is this ironic??

cman
09-12-2004, 06:08 PM
SO was does it beeind a j-body mean this will wreck my clutch?? and why is this ironic??

:english:

T5Bird
09-12-2004, 06:33 PM
Cavaliers can do burnouts?? :dunno:

Owned 2
09-12-2004, 06:40 PM
i am confused kwik . . . does it beeind a j-body mean this will wreck my clutch?? and why is this ironic??

K dude, i feel sorry for you. THEY ARE MAKIN FUN OF YOU AND YOU DONT REALISE IT!

To do a brakestand its a lot harder in a 5spd. Just fuckin rev it up with the clutch in, then as soon as you let off the clutch slide your left foot on the brake.

Or, if your into contortioning lol... rev it up with half of your foot and brke with the other half. Heel-toe it bitch

Emopup
09-12-2004, 06:51 PM
well thanx owned and fcuk the rest of ya if your makin fun of me and if your not i'm sorry

GTS Jeff
09-12-2004, 11:59 PM
well thanx owned and fcuk the rest of ya if your makin fun of me and if your not i'm sorry until u ditch the jbody, the rest of your life will be like this man. sorry.

DreammEr
09-13-2004, 12:01 AM
hahahaahhaha :rofl: :rofl:

EK 2.0
09-13-2004, 08:39 AM
well thanx owned and fcuk the rest of ya if your makin fun of me and if your not i'm sorry

fuck the rest of us??...wow...I am hurt...:cry:

I thought we had a special e-friendship...

Gonthro
09-13-2004, 08:48 AM
put oil (or antifreeze) on your front tires, crank your ebrake, and letter rip :D

thats the only way you'll get a brakestand outta a cavi.

Originally posted by Owned 2
Or, if your into contortioning lol... rev it up with half of your foot and brke with the other half. Heel-toe it bitch

considerign its a FWD and discs hold better than drums, all heeltoeing is gonna do is fry his clutch/brakes/rotors.

GTS Jeff
09-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

fuck the rest of us??...wow...I am hurt...:cry:

I thought we had a special e-friendship... no no, he said "fcuk" the rest of us, u know, like the zip-up hoodies that him and his high school chachies are wearing.

EK 2.0
09-13-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
no no, he said "fcuk" the rest of us, u know, like the zip-up hoodies that him and his high school chachies are wearing.

OHHHHHHH ok...

then we are still e-friends...thanks for pointing that out Jeff...man I was devastated...:D

QuasarCav
09-13-2004, 11:54 AM
OMFG why is it always a J-body?

I drive one and now I feel bad.:cry:

Emopup
09-13-2004, 07:26 PM
lol sry i was pissed off but really what is bad with a j-body and i know i know it is a cheep car but thats all i can afford and if i can;t do a breakstand oh well

cman
09-13-2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
OMFG why is it always a J-body?

I drive one and now I feel bad.:cry:

:werd: i drive one because its all i could afford at the time of purchase, i know its not a sportscar and i dont act like it is one, that doesnt mean i cant enjoy it though! then morons who do think its a sports car and want to do mad burnouts and race off every red light in their j bodies make most people assume we are the same.
im a student im not gonna go spend my life away to have a nice car at this point in my life. i enjoy cars i just cant afford a nice one right now

A_3
09-13-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey man, they weren't really making fun of you... it isn't that obvious.... :rolleyes:

Oh by the way, the best roads for break stands are those conveniently located in front of Police Stations...

barmanjay
09-13-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by cman

:werd: i drive one because its all i could afford at the time of purchase, i know its not a sportscar and i dont act like it is one, that doesnt mean i cant enjoy it though! then morons who do think its a sports car and want to do mad burnouts and race off every red light in their j bodies make most people assume we are the same.
im a student im not gonna go spend my life away to have a nice car at this point in my life. i enjoy cars i just cant afford a nice one right now

Very nicely said Cman!!!
please don't try and do a brake stand,... your clutch can't handle it,... and I doubt you'll be able to afford a new one installed,... the shops will charge you upwards to 8-900 for the install,... not worth it!
J-Body - and General Motors body/frame design.

Personally I like my J-bod, very tourqy,... but please don't be a fool and break your car!

do it at the track instead (secret street - racecity)!

Emopup
09-14-2004, 10:10 PM
well thanx and i know i don;t act likei have a sportscar it isnt great . . . cause i don't see the point i jsut wanna have a little fun in my car

Jeevin
09-14-2004, 10:23 PM
when I pull the ebrake in my sunfire (automatic) I can do some pretty nice burnouts....

but then again, its a gay sunfire :whocares:

markymark
09-15-2004, 12:16 AM
ha ha wow this has to be the funniest thread i have read on beyond so far...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

AllGoNoShow
09-15-2004, 12:46 AM
then y9ou probaly havent read much on here, keep reading

fast95pony
09-15-2004, 10:48 AM
If you decide to do a burnout ,please post lots of pics .
While you're at it, please post a few pics of yourself too
so we can recognise you on the street ! :burnout:

That would be really cool , dude ! :thumbsup:

sputnik
09-15-2004, 11:19 AM
FWD burnouts are SOOOOO cool. Just like a real muscle car doing a breakstand in reverse!!

Pictures would be AWESOME to see!

cman
09-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Jeevin
when I pull the ebrake in my sunfire (automatic) I can do some pretty nice burnouts....

but then again, its a gay sunfire :whocares:

:banghead: :guns: :( :cry: stop proving my point please!!!

barmanjay
09-15-2004, 05:16 PM
Ok whatever!!!,... do what you want,... don't you dare come near my neighbourhood with my kids running around tho,.. I'd have to beat you senseless for:
1: endangering my kids and the neighbourhood kids
2: being stupid on public roads
3: making J-body owners look bad

then you'd get spotted by a patroling RC and get a ticket for 'stunting'.

:guns:

rip
09-16-2004, 10:52 AM
Is this thread for real.........

Ryan@DerdallDesigns
09-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Its all about the rolling clutch release. get the car rollin in reverse first, whether it be a hill or whatever, have the car in first with the clutch in. get rollin about 30+ backwards then floor it and dump the clutch. If you want to get real tech. about it ,pull up the e- brake after you dump the clutch. either way smoke is had! Bleach is also the best way to get those puppies smokin.:thumbsup:

slikk_300z
09-16-2004, 11:11 AM
for a FWD burnout i like to find a small hilly area and hold the e-brake tight, get a fat friend in the back seat for extra weight and drop the clutch at 5000 just for fun and can hold it in 2nd till the rev limiter kicks in :guns:

fast95pony
09-16-2004, 01:00 PM
No pics yet ?? :confused: There are some photoshop artists on Beyond who could really make you look good standing beside your ride, right guys ??

Come on ,don't be shy ! :)