PDA

View Full Version : 94-95 5.0 mustang

redline_13000
06-13-2002, 08:57 AM
hi.

I am thinking about buying a 94-95 5 liter mustang...does anyone have any opinions or info on them?

Thanks

redline
06-13-2002, 09:01 AM
are those years of cars 5.0 or the 4.6?

redline_13000
06-13-2002, 09:14 AM
im pretty sure 1995 was the last year of the 5.0

Redlyne_mr2
06-13-2002, 09:28 AM
I hate those fucking cars...
handle like garbage, seats are soft and the fabric feels like wool, visibility is shitty, the look of the car is already dated, the brakes are totally inadequate as is the suspension setup.
I hate those fucking cars

it's your choice though dude..that's just my opinion:thumbsup:

300rwhp
06-13-2002, 09:28 AM
there awesome they handle better than an impreza and there 5 liters so you can make them fast cheap
they have a nice stiff body and a goood drivetrain

300rwhp
06-13-2002, 09:34 AM
handle like shit redlyne brake like shit whats wrong with the suspension

Weapon_R
06-13-2002, 09:38 AM
If anyone were to get a stang, they'd either buy the 88-92 style (93's had shitty engines), or the 99+ body style.

As for your question, those 5L engines were the biggest pieces of shit Ford ever made for the mustang. The power rating for them was only 215HP, and the V6 3.8L barely made 145 hp.

The older 88-93 stangs had more power and less wait (the 94 weighs nearly 3500 pounds!), and the 99+ were beastly with their 260HP engines.

The handling on those stangs (most stangs actually) sucks dick, its like trying to turn a boat, their tail lights are nasty, but their interiors look great.

I love mustangs, but you should either look into a 99+, or a 93 and down stang. The others were :bs:

Redlyne_mr2
06-13-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by 300rwhp
handle like shit redlyne brake like shit whats wrong with the suspension
go out and drive a car other than a mustang, a bimmer maybe or an nsx..hell even an older rx-7 then you can feel how a rear wheel drive car should handle, launch and brake.

They just arent true sports car unless you throw a pile of cash into them...we supercharged a 95 mustang and then took it out for a test drive, I was actually scared because the car felt so unsafe with that much power.

oh here's another shitty thing about those cars, the paint is usually already most likely done on any of those stangs

2000impreza
06-13-2002, 12:32 PM
there awesome they handle better than an impreza and there 5 liters so you can make them fast cheap
they have a nice stiff body and a goood drivetrain

are you saying they handle better than a impreza STOCK for STOCK? i call :bullshit:

if you were wondering, yes i've driven stock stangs before. they don't even come close.

T5_X
06-13-2002, 12:37 PM
What are you guys talking about!? The 94-95 stangs are my fave except for the brand new ones. They handle Ok from the factory, but there are soooo many cheap aftermarket parts to get them to turn great and stop quick. The 5L is fucking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! There's NOTHING like a blown 302! Add an exhaust, intake, pulley, headers and the usual tweaks, throw on a set of slicks and you'll be tearing up the 1/4 mile, though like before mentioned, the foxbodies are better as an all out race car.

As for looks, get a convertible, thrown on a styling bar and a tonneau cover, a cobra r front bumper, and put some polished 17X9 cobra Rs on there! That's one of my dream car's I'll actually be able to afford one day! :hitit:

Redlyne_mr2
06-13-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger_X31
What are you guys talking about!? The 94-95 stangs are my fave except for the brand new ones. They handle Ok from the factory, but there are soooo many cheap aftermarket parts to get them to turn great and stop quick. The 5L is fucking sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! There's NOTHING like a blown 302! Add an exhaust, intake, pulley, headers and the usual tweaks, throw on a set of slicks and you'll be tearing up the 1/4 mile, though like before mentioned, the foxbodies are better as an all out race car.

As for looks, get a convertible, thrown on a styling bar and a tonneau cover, a cobra r front bumper, and put some polished 17X9 cobra Rs on there! That's one of my dream car's I'll actually be able to afford one day! :hitit:
holly shit you dont know what you're talking about...convertibles are pretty gay....thees nothing like seeing a bunch of guys in a mustang convertible , it makes them look like such fags, especially when an old lady with a poodle pulls up next to you in an identical car except with a v6 and automatic transmission.

True it doesnt take much to make them go fast, but I can make a turbo omni fast too easily and those are far from sweet cars.

Weapon_R
06-13-2002, 02:33 PM
Whoever said that they outhandle imprezzas must be smokin something...those cars have ZERO handling...i'd bet most cars could beat them in any solo2 type competition. They aren't really that fast, the fast ones are the newer stangs with the real engines, or the older ones.

redline_13000
06-13-2002, 03:35 PM
2 reasons i want a 94-95...1-theyre most affordable and 2- i like the body styles much more than the 98 and up..and they dont take much to go like some of you have said...i do not know about the handling of these cars...never drove one..but i love the looks and the interior:thumbsup:

T5_X
06-13-2002, 04:41 PM
holly shit you dont know what you're talking about.

uh, ok. How did you get this impression? How do I not know what I'm talking about?

convertibles are pretty gay

So you gonna call everyone on this site with a convertible gay?
Whatever man, I don't see how a drop top V8 muscle car is anything close to gay. And as for the V6 auto, well, that's not what I'm talking about. There's a big difference between an auto V6 and a modded up 302 mated to a T5.

but I can make a turbo omni fast too easily

Congradulations! I can make a 2.3L Ranger fast, but it's a completly different type of ride and would take a lot of custom stuff and money to make it anything but just straight line rocket. Mustangs have so many cheap aftermarket parts to make them great all around street machines.

gpomp
06-13-2002, 04:47 PM
This thread reminds me of albertacars.net

GothicSmurf
06-13-2002, 04:57 PM
so true, its like a vicious cycle, ppl just don't get along hey gpomp, now lets just hope that some moderator doesn't get whipped into banning ppl :confused:

Oh, and Gpomp, if ya read this post, can you bring your digi cam tommorow (friday last day of school), gotta take pics of my new ride

then ill tell everyone what i got

Redlyne_mr2
06-13-2002, 04:59 PM
Yah I should just give up trying to preach about how shitty mustangs are, it's no use argueing with someone who doesnt know any better

GothicSmurf
06-13-2002, 05:00 PM
hey redlyne, i somehow think that this is only gonna get worse, so lets ditch the topic, some ppl like stangs, some ppl like imports. . .

their choice to make

T5_X
06-13-2002, 05:24 PM
Hahaha, the occasional mustang argument has to creep up, it's inevitable! :banghead:

Well, everyone has thier own opinions so who cares, right? No need to argue anymore :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
06-13-2002, 05:50 PM
:thumbsup:
exactly

GTS Jeff
06-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
This thread reminds me of albertacars.net It seems the trolls have followed us here :D

GTS Jeff
06-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
the fabric feels like woolI can vouch for that!

A friend took me for a spin in his 5.0 and I left with a rash all over my skin!

300rwhp
06-13-2002, 11:20 PM
a 95 gets .86gs and an impreza gets .86gs so the handling of the two cars is equal but on a road course the mustang will not have the mad oversteer

redline_13000
06-13-2002, 11:23 PM
isnt the mustang gonna have more oversteer since its RWD?

2000impreza
06-13-2002, 11:44 PM
300rwhp which impreza are you talking about? AWD L, FWD L, 2.2TS, 1st gen 2.5RS, 2nd gen 2.5RS, WRX, or 2.5TS? also where are you getting this data from?

5.9 R/T
06-14-2002, 12:01 AM
Hahaha too funny, wish I was here to throw my two cents in but I missed out. I really don't think that you should listen to someone who drives an MR2 who's ex-gf liked stangs more then his car. i think theres a little bias there, a little pent up rage, maybe just a little? lol. The 302 is the best engine ford has ever made, any year, in any car, just for the shear modability of them and the fact that they are one of the most bullet-proof engines ever made, no matter what the factory output is. Don't listen to the haters, they'd have you in a Civic DX with windshield washer LED's if they could...

redline_13000
06-14-2002, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
Hahaha too funny, wish I was here to throw my two cents in but I missed out. I really don't think that you should listen to someone who drives an MR2 who's ex-gf liked stangs more then his car. i think theres a little bias there, a little pent up rage, maybe just a little? lol. The 302 is the best engine ford has ever made, any year, in any car, just for the shear modability of them and the fact that they are one of the most bullet-proof engines ever made, no matter what the factory output is. Don't listen to the haters, they'd have you in a Civic DX with windshield washer LED's if they could...

:clap: :thumbsup: ...completely right

4wheeldrift
06-14-2002, 07:15 AM
This mustang will slay all if you drop 10, maybe 15 grand and if we have to...overnight parts from detroit :rofl:

Honestly though, I'm not a huge fan of mustangs, but they are pretty tough to beat from a performance standpoint. Sure, they aren't the greatest cars stock but you can squeeze a lot out of them with a little cash.

Redlyne_mr2
06-14-2002, 09:28 AM
there are a ton of cars that arent so great from stock that can be made better with a bit of cash, it's the ones that are great frok stock and can be made even better that i respect
Oh ya by the way 5.9rt, I found out after I had a little incident with the MR2 that my ex-girlfriend really did love the car, she just resented it and hated all the time it took me away from her.

5.9 R/T
06-14-2002, 10:31 AM

Oh ya by the way 5.9rt, I found out after I had a little incident with the MR2 that my ex-girlfriend really did love the car, she just resented it and hated all the time it took me away from her.

lol good to hear man, good to hear! :thumbsup:

300rwhp
06-15-2002, 02:54 AM
impreza 2002 wrx awd

Ben
06-15-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
It seems the trolls have followed us here :D

w3rd!!!

4wheeldrift
06-15-2002, 07:56 AM
a 95 gets .86gs and an impreza gets .86gs so the handling of the two cars is equal but on a road course the mustang will not have the mad oversteer

I fail to see how a car that suffers from oversteer problems everywhere will miraculously have them disappear when the car is on the road course.

Ok, looking purely at lateral acceleration numbers, a '94 mustang GT and a '02 Impreza WRX on stock tires both pull .86g on the skidpad. If you want to talk about road course use, the impreza will be faster through the corners due to its better grip provided by all wheel drive allowing you to get on the gas sooner and FAR superior brakes letting it push much deeper before having to slow down. The mustang has the torque to really get going out of the corners, but when your opponent is entering the corner later and exiting earlier you don't have much of an opportunity to catch up unless you can get him on the straight away. Now, road course lap time is quite driver dependent too, but I'm willing to bet if you put a mustang and a WRX on the road course the lap times won't be so different, but how the two cars achieve their lap times is.

2000impreza
06-15-2002, 11:50 AM
i still don't know where are you getting the data for the 2002wrx from:confused:

only test i read was by SCC. the best they could get the wrx to pull off was .82g's.

gpomp
06-15-2002, 01:07 PM
Bench racing sucks.

GTS Jeff
06-16-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
Bench racing sucks. How many Gs a car can pull in a corner is not THE benchmark of handling. A way bigger component of handling is the actual driveability of the car and the way the car communicates and responses to driver input. For example, one of the things you always read about the NSX is how almost anyone can drive like a pro in that car. Not because the car grip the road like a bitch (which it can), but because it communicates the car's limits to the driver very well. Seriously, it is disgusting how little effort is put into the Mustang's suspension. I wouldn't be surprised if they use the same basic design as Ford's minivans except with stiffer shocks.

The same thing applies for the Mustangs brakes too. Sure, you can throw on a set of huge rotors, but so what? Pure stopping power isn't everything as any driver who loves cornering will tell you. What's far more important is having a predictable and progressive braking system that is easy to use, so that it's easier to get the car to brake at the exact rate you want it to, and it's also easier to threshold brake. This is where the Mustang fails. What good are huge brakes if when you step down on the brake pedal, going down halfway does almost nothing, then as you reach a certain point, BAM out of nowhere you have 90% braking power?

The only thing that can't be disputed is a Mustang's straight-line potential.

vortechfast
12-23-2004, 10:09 PM
What r u guys talking about. The 1994-1995 is the same as the 88-93 except better. It has a 3/4 inch longer wheelbase and the chassis is 55% more rigid. You people should pick up a magazine once and a while. The 94-95 has the same chassis as the 2003 cobra even its the sn95. The things that are hurting the car are variables of shocks and spring pressure and the shocks swaybars exctera. To the engine the difference between the 88-93 to 94-95 is hypertetic pistons instead of forged no big deal. ALSO ALL JAP CARS SUCK. THEY ALL HAVE LAWNMOWER MOTORS I DONT CARE HOW BUG YOUR TURBO IS. THERE ALSO UGLY

markymark
12-23-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by vortechfast
[B ALL JAP CARS SUCK. THEY ALL HAVE LAWNMOWER MOTORS I DONT CARE HOW BUG YOUR TURBO IS. THERE ALSO UGLY [/B]

Texas?

Redneck?

vortechfast
12-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Im not a Redneck you Homo. Im sorry my typing skills are not as good as yours.:whocares:

vortechfast
12-23-2004, 11:03 PM
TO that Redlyne_mr2 comment about how crappy Mustangs are your stupid. Do not talk about somthing you have no clue about Jap cars are just not as fast and those are the facts of life.
:zzz:

habsfan
12-23-2004, 11:16 PM
holy shit you retarded noob do you not realize this thread is over 2 years old :banghead:

*sniff sniff* I think a smell a dumbass!

markymark
12-23-2004, 11:22 PM
ha ha ha...so it is.

:closed:

Ekliptix
12-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Hey Hey Hey! Yes, my mustang suspension and brakes do suck.
I still look forward to driving it everytime I grab the keys though. A hell of a lot more then my better handleing and braking Intergra.

:guns: ;)

2.4l
12-24-2004, 02:14 AM
I hate those fucking cars...
handle like garbage, seats are soft and the fabric feels like wool, visibility is shitty, the look of the car is already dated, the brakes are totally inadequate as is the suspension setup.
I hate those fucking cars

it's your choice though dude..that's just my opinion:thumbsup:
i have one and love it,, would probly eat that mr2 alive unless hes got a fatass turbo on it.. theyre good and fun cars.. kinda slow stock but easy to make horse without a supercharger.. sweet cars i would defenitly spend about 7-9 grand on one

4wheeldrift
12-24-2004, 09:02 AM
What r u guys talking about. The 1994-1995 is the same as the 88-93 except better. It has a 3/4 inch longer wheelbase and the chassis is 55% more rigid. You people should pick up a magazine once and a while. The 94-95 has the same chassis as the 2003 cobra even its the sn95. The things that are hurting the car are variables of shocks and spring pressure and the shocks swaybars exctera. To the engine the difference between the 88-93 to 94-95 is hypertetic pistons instead of forged no big deal. ALSO ALL JAP CARS SUCK. THEY ALL HAVE LAWNMOWER MOTORS I DONT CARE HOW BUG YOUR TURBO IS. THERE ALSO UGLY The shocks and springs and swaybars have nothing to do with the fundamental handling problems of the mustang, which is truly abysmal suspension geometry. You can band-aid the problem with shocks and springs and modifying the sway bars but that doesn't eliminate the quadra-bind rear end that makes the mustang such a pain in the ass to drive fast in the corners, never mind the fact the chassis on a mustang is like a limp noodle compared to most of the imports. We added a half cage, full length subs and strut tower braces at both ends of the car to our race mustang and it still doesn't come anywhere near the chassis stiffness of my impreza. Having the same chassis as the 03s isn't anything to brag about, the chassis on the mustang essentially hasn't changed since the 70s. Now the 05 on the other hand :drool:

Redlyne_mr2
12-24-2004, 10:04 AM
TO that Redlyne_mr2 comment about how crappy Mustangs are your stupid. Do not talk about somthing you have no clue about Jap cars are just not as fast and those are the facts of life.
:zzz:
That was 2 years ago man. I couldnt give a damn what you think. To bew honest with you I don't even mind the mustangs. If I had my choice thought it would be the late 80s ealry 90s style.

NickGT
12-24-2004, 12:14 PM

That was 2 years ago man. I couldnt give a damn what you think. To bew honest with you I don't even mind the mustangs. If I had my choice thought it would be the late 80s ealry 90s style.

I can vouch for this.

When I bought my GT, you were actually one of the first few people to defend my choice when a select few guys here decided that I had wasted my money and should have bought an import.

Originally posted by Turbo-Rice
too bad u wasted ur cash on a mustang... but whatever to each his own .. i wouldve spent my money on somethin Non american :thumbsup: enjoy the ride thoough !

Haha you drive an altima dude what right do you have to talk, your car is made in Tenesee!
NickGT Congrats on the new car man, I love the color should be a fun car once the streets are cleaned and the weather is warm

Some people need to learn how to read thread dates... Thanks again.

Redlyne_mr2
12-24-2004, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

I can vouch for this.

When I bought my GT, you were actually one of the first few people to defend my choice when a select few guys here decided that I had wasted my money and should have bought an import.

Some people need to learn how to read thread dates... Thanks again.

Thanks NIck for backing me up. Times change and tastes change, the mid 90s mustangs are not my favourite choice. Your style however is awesome, especially that deep blue with the gunmetal rims. :bigpimp: The mid 90s stangs just didnt seem to have the same quality as the newer ones

fast95pony
12-24-2004, 01:46 PM
I should leave this thread alone to die,but....:D

As an owner...I'd say they are a 6/8ths finnished car from the factory.With some decent mods ,they can perform quite well.Mine is 10years old now,with 200,000 kms on it.The paint is still okay.It's on it's second engine (grenaded the first ) . and it's second clutch. It's making around 445hp/475lbs tq. It's starting to show it's age ,but I have no intentions of selling her.
One nice thing is there's loads of aftermarket support.

I've been converted to the fun of a four banger.I really like driving the Focus.But there's nothing like pulling away in the Stang ,and leaving two long rubber streaks ..

:burnout:

NickGT
12-24-2004, 01:49 PM

Thanks NIck for backing me up. Times change and tastes change, the mid 90s mustangs are not my favourite choice. Your style however is awesome, especially that deep blue with the gunmetal rims. :bigpimp: The mid 90s stangs just didnt seem to have the same quality as the newer ones

The mid 90's stangs aren't exactly my favorite either. But I still love them as I love all stangs.

I wanted to build up a late 80's early 90's 5.0L coupe (or even just start taking apart my old 4 banger and rebuilding.) It's probably for the best that I went new.. Now I've got something more reliable, factory warranty still, and now maybe I'll pick up a 5.0L coupe to play with in my spare time if I come across a good deal.

-Shameless plug for my old 4banger haha-

http://members.shaw.ca/cyrus08/1.jpg

4wheeldrift
12-24-2004, 04:36 PM
They have such great potential when you start working on them, its amazing what a difference a few simple mods can make. Its too bad ford didn't do more of this stuff from the factory, its like half a car in stock form. It's been fun building our 89 LX5.0 notchback into a race car, unlocking the potential that could have been there from factory. Theres nothing wrong with the mustang another 4" of rubber under it, a complete suspension redesign and another 400hp wouldn't fix ;)

CryoCarnage
12-24-2004, 05:15 PM
all stangs are garbage with handling. I've made matresses on wheel's that could turn better then those pieces of garbage. Altho the new one is amazing.