PDA

View Full Version : Starting Problem

alaskagirl
09-13-2004, 03:08 PM
I own a 1987 Nissin Pathfinder and I have a starter problem. It started happening off and on since last winter, I would push the clutch in and nothing happens, all my panel lights come on and everything else works. Just no engine turning over, or no noise from the engine. After a few trys it would start. It was only intermitten, but now it happens at least once a day. Any ideas?

kaiser<lucy>
09-18-2004, 09:07 PM
hmm i get that most of the time too....

i figured its just from the engine being cold....because if i turn it off and then turn it on again i never get it....

but im probably wrong. generally i just press the clutch in and out a couple times, try again and it works.

Strugari
09-18-2004, 11:24 PM
Sounds like the clutch switch is faulty. There is also a starter relay that could be stuck, or the starter has a dead spot and takes a couple of cranks to wind over.

mr2mike
09-21-2004, 05:57 PM
Under the car by the clutch... that's where the clutch switch sensor is located. It's probably corroded and needs replacement. You could also just bypass that switch if you know what you're doing but then you can also start the car with the clutch engaged and it will jump forwards...

Jillian
10-05-2004, 01:23 PM
i think you need a new starter or alternator doll! Good luck